Page 28 of 286 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'd rather Fury not immediately pick a fight with Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

I'd make it so that in their first movie X-men is already an active team. Jubilee would be the audience surrogate, a new recruit to the team like Wolverine was in the first X-men movie. Charles was mindwiping anyone who witnesses an accident involving mutants like in X-men Evolution. He could do that since until multiple snaps mutants were extremely small in number around the world. This way history of Apocalypse, Logan, Selene etc. remain intact. He's also working with SHIELD to make sure that any footage involving mutants doesn't make it to the press.
    At the end of the movie the world learns about mutants existence. At the post credits scene Fury visits Xavier telling him that with Westview and flagsmashers governments are wary of powered individuals and now the world knows of mutants' existence X-men should join SHIELD so that when world governments and humanity come for them, SHIELD can vouch for them and keep them safe. Xavier rejects him saying that X-men are students not soldiers and they will keep the world safe but they will do it in their own terms. Fury says the next time they meet they may do so as enemies and they part ways. The movie ends with X-men leaving the mansion as it is no longer safe so in the next movie we can have Genosha/Utopia/Krakoa etc.
    Honestly, best pitch we've had until now on how this handle this whole thing.

I just can't get excited about introducing the mutant metaphor into the MCU. It just feels so tacked on. I've often said that if the mutant gene was something that gave you superpowers but also took something away, like vision, or walking, or gave you physical pain, then the metaphor would actually work really well, as a representation of the disabled community coming together with different problems and having a place where they feel loved and learn how to live on a day to day basis with their physical limitations.

And since I know that Marvel isn't gonna do that, I just think I would cringe at the thought of the world creating sentinels and registration, after we already had Civil War and Ultron and plenty of other things with the Avengers vs the world. plus the fact that we have Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Panther already talking about a lot of these things (not necessarily doing well, but still in a much more relevant way)

The idea of Krakoa just seems to make much more sense to me as a special habitat where mutants themselves are studying the mysterious X-gene.

Regardless, Mister Sinister has to be to the MCU X-men what Magneto was in the Fox era. In the first movie Mister Sinister is an antagonist, and while his plan is stopped, he will still complicate their life for all the future movies as his status keeps changing and his research evolves.

It would probably be interesting for the first movie to use Cassandra Nova as the direct villain while Mister Sinister is just a strategist. Professor X is starting to lose the power to hide mutants because of a tumor growing inside his brain, a tumor that is actually his womb sister.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-29-2021 at 05:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I just can't get excited about introducing the mutant metaphor into the MCU. It just feels so tacked on. I've often said that if the mutant gene was something that gave you superpowers but also took something away, like vision, or walking, or gave you physical pain, then the metaphor would actually work really well, as a representation of the disabled community coming together with different problems and having a place where they feel loved and learn how to live on a day to day basis with their physical limitations.

And since I know that Marvel isn't gonna do that, I just think I would cringe at the thought of the world creating sentinels and registration, after we already had Civil War and Ultron and plenty of other things with the Avengers vs the world. plus the fact that we have Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Panther already talking about a lot of these things (not necessarily doing well, but still in a much more relevant way)

The idea of Krakoa just seems to make much more sense to me as a special habitat where mutants themselves are studying the mysterious X-gene.

Regardless, Mister Sinister has to be to the MCU X-men what Magneto was in the Fox era. In the first movie Mister Sinister is an antagonist, and while his plan is stopped, he will still complicate their life for all the future movies as his status keeps changing and his research evolves.

It would probably be interesting for the first movie to use Cassandra Nova as the direct villain while Mister Sinister is just a strategist. Professor X is starting to lose the power to hide mutants because of a tumor growing inside his brain, a tumor that is actually his womb sister.
    This is the big point. Trying to put someone like Cyclops or Angel in a position like what Sam Wilson had could cause backlash, for good reason.

I think Mr. Sinister has potential to be the right villain for the MCU X-Men. Trying to manipulate the X-gene for nefarious, or even altruistic, purposes can open up a lot of interesting storylines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    This is the big point. Trying to put someone like Cyclops or Angel in a position like what Sam Wilson had could cause backlash, for good reason.

I think Mr. Sinister has potential to be the right villain for the MCU X-Men. Trying to manipulate the X-gene for nefarious, or even altruistic, purposes can open up a lot of interesting storylines.
    My problem with Mr. Sinister is that he's not interesting at all. He's 100% derivative. Visually speaking, and conceptually speaking. Apocalypse is far more fascinating for his special origins and background.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 09-30-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    My problem with Mr. Sinister is that he's not interesting at all. He's 100% derivative. Visually speaking, and conceptually speaking. Apocalypse is far more fascinating for his special origins and background.
    What other supervillain has the same obsession with genetics to the point where he has determined he must create a sacred bloodline out of two superheroes and has manipulated their lives and created clones just for the purpose of reproduction. Mister Sinister just embodies the sci fi element of mutants so well and is the perfect villain to define mutants in the marvel universe
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-30-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Sinister is plenty interesting. But I do think he should have plenty of build-up and not be the first villain
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Sinister is plenty interesting. But I do think he should have plenty of build-up and not be the first villain
    I feel like most people would've said the same thing about Magneto. I think Mister Sinister is the kind of villain that becomes scarier the more you find out about him. And again, I'm proposing that he continues to be a villain as the movies go on, just like Magneto.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I feel like most people would've said the same thing about Magneto. I think Mister Sinister is the kind of villain that becomes scarier the more you find out about him. And again, I'm proposing that he continues to be a villain as the movies go on, just like Magneto.
    I wouldn't necessarily want him as a main antagonist from the get-go like Magneto was, but I could see him being introduced in the first movie and then building him up like you say
    Make Good Art

BANNED

What other supervillain has the same obsession with genetics to the point where he has determined he must create a sacred bloodline out of two superheroes and has manipulated their lives and created clones just for the purpose of reproduction. Mister Sinister just embodies the sci fi element of mutants so well and is the perfect villain to define mutants in the marvel universe
    Fact is, he looks like a white-skinned Colossus, his powers are not memorable, and his obsession with Scott and Jean looks ridiculous and preposterous. TO ME, it's a third grade villain that everyone treats as important.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well with Venom 2 now we know spoilers:
    characters can literally take a nap and then wake up in the MCU timeline
    end of spoilers so maybe they'll keep a few favorite castings that way.

Ultimate Member

I don't think the MCU will rush into Apocalypse so soon, so out of the two, I'd bet on Sinister showing up first.

Incredible Member

Bleh. Who wants to see this sort of crap in a movie theater? It'll be like Jar-Jar defining what aliens in Star War universe should be like.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-02-2021 at 07:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Fact is, he looks like a white-skinned Colossus, his powers are not memorable, and his obsession with Scott and Jean looks ridiculous and preposterous. TO ME, it's a third grade villain that everyone treats as important.
    He has done other mad scientist stuff like catalog the DNA of all mutants, which are used in Krakoan resurrections.

I think give Sentinals a different take. Like Trask builds them to actually help citizens and not cause destruction, but the govermnent seems them as just tools to replace superheroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think give Sentinals a different take. Like Trask builds them to actually help citizens and not cause destruction, but the govermnent seems them as just tools to replace superheroes.
    Or one could link them to the power armor arms race that was part of the plot in Iron Man 2, which among other things resulted in the HAMMER drones. Essentialy doing a pretty large circle back to one of the earliest MCU movies, giving them a stronger foundation in continuity of that world.

It would also help with giving them a stronger technological foundation unlike the original comics (the size jump from the Mark Is to the IIs always felt somewhat jarring to me) or the Days of Future Past movie, where apparently the US military was able to build giant flying autonomous operating combat robots in the 1970's, which then never affected the rest of the world's military or technological development.

Meanwhile it in the MCU it seems that after an initial rush to go into a power armor arms race, most factions eventualy mothballed it (no other power armored enemies showed up in the MCU and the US military settled with the War Machine armor as what seems to be mainly a PR showcase), likely because they couldn't replicate the micro-arc reactor or onboard AI Stark had access too and because super soldiers became the more interesting subject.

However the appereance of mutants could convince certain groups or even nations to revive these projects as cheaper alternative to the problematic super soldier projects. Trask in particular could show up as figurehead of a new generation of tech creators trying to fill the shoes of the now deceased Stark.

Infact it could also be interesting seeing the Sentinels start as three different projects.

One starts with revisiting the HAMMER/Ultron drones as automated (therefor psi-immune) anti-mutant police units, who can move into buildings and arrest mutants, potentialy leading to the creation of Nimrod class Sentinels.

One starts with revisting the power armors as protection for humans against mutant powers, but eventualy leading to the idea of implanting anti-mutant tech directly into "enforcers", potentialy resulting in the creation of Prime Sentinels.

And one starts with ideas original developed to fight the hulk via legged combat vehicles, leading to the bigger city destroying Sentinels, just less humanoid in appearance.