Page 3 of 250 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They live in another universe and have occasional crossovers with the Avengers' universe. Clean and simple.
    Now I have more questions about the two universes than anything else.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Now I have more questions about the two universes than anything else.
    Yeah, it's the opposite of clean and simple.

I guess they could go with a version of the Ultimate X-Men mix with X-Men Forever where Wolverine or Magneto are a carrier of a virus that can give certain people super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I guess they could go with a version of the Ultimate X-Men mix with X-Men Forever where Wolverine or Magneto are a carrier of a virus that can give certain people super powers.
    Yeah, that just makes it all much worse- now, their powers are a disease. So, maybe the humans are right to try to get rid of them or at least the powers after all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I know. Like, what exactly is in these two universes? Is one universe a place where the only super-powered people are mutants? Because there are lots of non-mutants with powers or strange abilities that pop up in the X-Men. Is Mimic in the mutant universe? Is Sauron? Or are they in the Avengers world? What about all that Captain Britain stuff? According to the Captain Britain comics, there are lots of Captain Britains. So, is Betsy (a mutant) Captain Britain in the mutant universe and Brian (non-mutant) Captain Britain in the other one? What about all the magical stuff like Belasco and Magik and N'Garai Demons and Juggernaut? (People seem to really forget how much non-mutant crap happens in the X-Men comics). Are there a mutant Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on one world and an "altered human" Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on another? Or is the X-Men's world just a world where there are different ways of getting super-powers, but normal humans hate all of it?

Really, the whole "The X-Men should be in their own universe" argument seems to boil down to two things: 1) They think that the bigotry of non-mutants should make some kind of logical sense, so that mutants and super-powered humans need to be loved or hated equally in the same world. Which doesn't make sense because not only are there a million ways why mutation is different from getting powers other ways, but also bigotry shouldn't really make sense, and 2) The idea that Fury or the Avengers "should have mentioned them by now", which isn't how these franchises ever work. Superheroes travel in their own circles unless there's a crossover.

Look, folks, there is no simple and clean way to do this. Because supehero stuff is messy. It always has been. And X-Men is messier than most even by itself.

Sprinkle them in slowly at first...

Rogue as an enemy in a Captain Marvel movie. I still they should use Rogue to incapacitate Carol so Monica can become the next Captain Marvel.
    Wolverine fighting the Hulk in something.

Stuff like that.

X-Men Movie 1 - Original 5 vs Magneto. Introduce the Brotherhood.
    X-Men Movie 2 - All-New All-Different. Do the Krakoa story or something else in order for the next group to get recruited to rescue the originals.

Have Beast mutate in another movie and join the Avengers.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

A few people have already mentioned it.

..but I think they're going to do a reverse M-Day.
    Will be looking at the Wandavision and the Multiverse of Madness to see.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's way cleaner and simpler than most suggestions I've heard. Like "they've always been there, they just decided not to involve themselves in anything". Congratulations, they already failed as heroes. And stuff like "Thanos/Banner/Stark created mutants by snapping his fingers" is just plain offensive.

Like, what exactly is in these two universes?
    One universe for every X-related stuff, the other for the rest of the MCU. So Juggernaut, Magik, Shi'ar exist in the X-universe. Wanda and Pietro are only in the Avengers universe. Captain Britain can be in both due to the multiversal CB Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's way cleaner and simpler than most suggestions I've heard. Like "they've always been there, they just decided not to involve themselves in anything". Congratulations, they already failed as heroes. And stuff like "Thanos/Banner/Stark created mutants by snapping his fingers" is just plain offensive.
    Nah, you're wrong. First of all, the idea is that there were few mutants before, and specially considering the 5 year gap, none of the major X-men apart from Logan and Xavier had powers. Second, apart from the Avengers when Hulk returned to Earth, who knew Thanos was coming to Earth? It's not like they put it in billboards "Big alien invader coming to Earth! Interested? Give us a call!".

Third, no one is saying mutants exist because of Thanos or Banner, just that the snap might have cause the number of active mutants (the ones that actually have the X-gene active and have powers) to increase.

The Eternals can show the Celestials implanting the xgene into protohumans. There have been a few mutants over the years, but they are exceedingly rare and mostly myths. I don't know what to do with Magneto, but you could say someone put him on ice for some decades(maybe Pym's Shield in the 60's, maybe the Stranger?), and then he's broken out about however many years ago to father the twins, recaptured and put back on ice, escapes again years later, maybe a little amnesiac, and meets Charles essentially the same way as in canon in Israel working at a hospital, etc, etc. Depends on how plugged in you want him to be, but you get the idea. You could just modernize his origins. It's a mess, especially since the Fox films overplayed him.

I think using those five years in Endgame as your O5 teenaged years makes sense, because the Avengers were spread thin and Xavier could train them in secret from ages 13-18. I wouldn't waste a movie on that, but some flashbacks or a D+series would do the trick. I would sprinkle some mutant villains into FatWS, and WandaVision/DrS2 could give us more glimpses of mutants, but I would do the first X-Men film based on Giant Size 1.

Focus on the diverse global team of college aged mutants saving the O5 from Krakoa. The first act gives us a taste of what the world is like for these young mutants all alone. Bring them together, clash their personalities, have some action scenes in the jungle, combine their powers and blow that island into space, pool party at the mansion. Meanwhile SWORD sees their handiwork, start freaking out, and in comes Lang with his Sentinel initiative, with DARPA director Raven Darkholme pulling at her collar(we'll see more of her in CM2 or 3), and we are off and running!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-01-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'd prefer they do something similar to X-men Evolution. Mutants have always existed, but they've stayed in hiding (with Xavier and other telepaths helping cover everything up) and have had an understanding with each other that staying hidden is best for all of them until some event occurs that forces the world to see them.

Mutants exist and always have, but the X-men don't (yet). Maybe (hopefully?) Feige will show the audience why someone like Charles Xavier would want to set up his school and form the X-men.

I'd die from happy if we got mutant-adjacent Easter Eggs, a la The Daily Bugle. Like Reverend Stryker/Senator Kelly as Alex Jones/QAnon-esque nutbags, foaming at the mouth about how the government are turning teenagers into freaks, or Moira MacT being interviewed about new research in genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    A few people have already mentioned it.

..but I think they're going to do a reverse M-Day.
    Will be looking at the Wandavision and the Multiverse of Madness to see.
    I don't how I or the fandom would feel about Scarlet Witch being the "mother" of all mutants...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It would be interesting for the number of threads it'd create but I don't think they'll do that. Where would you even introduce the idea of mutants into a story like that?

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I don't how I or the fandom would feel about Scarlet Witch being the "mother" of all mutants...
    Yup. I get it.

But there's already some major differences between MCU SW and book SW.
    House of M is a mess that book Wanda will never really escape from. I can see them following the story but adding a new wrinkle to it, to spare MCU Wanda and bring in the Merry Mutants.

Just a hunch though.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)