Page 30 of 292 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Will Eternals be an effective showcase of what the template would be for a MCU style X-Men film? Ensemble film with a mix of big name and not so big name talent, team and family concept, auteur director, long runtime.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Eh, I think the problem is just writers not writing stories around being super powerful. Just being super strong and flying doesn't make you invincible. And not every story needs to end in 'who punches the hardes'

Who do you think would hijack them? Anti-mutant government agents, or possibly an evil mutant? Because I think sentinels capturing mutants to experiment on them has potential to be more interesting storyline. Like they want to create their own Weapons-X

But maybe they're originally only programmed to hunt mutants who've already caused damage in this version
    Someone like Stryker who uses his influence to highjack the Programm would work I think. And if they avoid making the goverment look too stupid it would be a bonus.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    Someone like Stryker who uses his influence to highjack the Programm would work I think. And if they avoid making the goverment look too stupid it would be a bonus.
    But stupid government allows heroes to win/s

Anyway, you think they'll go with XCU type Stryker or the more traditional version?

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Won't work since the Sentinals shoddy programing is the root cause of the problems with them.
    But they eventually evolve into sentient life like mutants.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But stupid government allows heroes to win/s

Anyway, you think they'll go with XCU type Stryker or the more traditional version?
    Traditional, certainly.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Will Eternals be an effective showcase of what the template would be for a MCU style X-Men film? Ensemble film with a mix of big name and not so big name talent, team and family concept, auteur director, long runtime.
    Likely, since I bet they'll tie the mutants to the Deviants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Traditional, certainly.
    Then I doubt he'd get too involved with Sentinels

judging by the casting decisions on Eternals and what the X-Men represent, Im really hoping/crossing my fingers that the first Marvel Studios film include some diverse x-men from the comics that Fox never allowed to shine or used, like Jubilee, Sunfire and hopefully Thunderbird too.
    Using both Sunfire and Thunderbird would be a great nod to 2nd genesis, and Jubilee is perfect for Marvel Studios and the point of view of the first film (female, asian, young and totally wasted by Fox).
    So lets hope Feige brings a mix of popular and lesser known mutants for GA, so the roster would feel really fresh and not a copy of X1.
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 10-09-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    judging by the casting decisions on Eternals and what the X-Men represent, Im really hoping/crossing my fingers that the first Marvel Studios film include some diverse x-men from the comics that Fox never allowed to shine or used, like Jubilee, Sunfire and hopefully Thunderbird too.
    Using both Sunfire and Thunderbird would be a great nod to 2nd genesis, and Jubilee is perfect for Marvel Studios and the point of view of the first film (female, asian, young and totally wasted by Fox).
    So lets hope Feige brings a mix of popular and lesser known mutants for GA, so the roster would feel really fresh and not a copy of X1.
    You mean you don't want the O5, the greatest and most successful X-Men ever?/s

actually, Id like that, and I think the 1st film can do both easily.
    The film could start with Charles having just the O5 living on the mansion, we see them training on the danger room for the first time. At the same time somewhere else, Jubilee gets introduced, being in danger and leaving her home. Back in the mansion, the X-Men learn something huge is happening in Africa so they got a new mision, and once they arrive on Kenia they see Storm doing heavy damage, in the biggest Marvel Studios way. Thankfully Charles gets to help Storm, and she decides to go to America with them. Back in the mansion we see how the O5 get to know Ororo, with some little moments here and there, with one scene being a really special talk between Jean and Ororo (the real beggining of a strong friendship).
    Minutes later the main villain or villains keep doing their thing (new brotherhood? with Mystique, Destiny, Avalanche, Pyros and Rogue?), a day later Charles give the X-Men a deserved free day and they decide to go to the mall. After some cool and fun time, something happens on another corner of the mall, apparently involving a mutant, they go there to see what happens........ and there she is, Jubilee was in trouble with some humans and thats how they meet her and take her to the school. There we have it: 7 mutants already on the school.

I could keep posting more and more ideas, but lets just add that somehow the School for the Gifted goes public, maybe Charles makes a public announcent, on TV or something... and around half of the movie or so Sunfire and Thunderbird arrive on the school, and thats it. There we have a pretty cool 9 members roster, fighting together on an epic final battle in NY or Washington, with Rogue switching sides on the middle of the battle and leaving the brotherhood for the X-Men. And BOOM, the movie ends with Jean, Storm, Jubilee and Rogue kinda like the iconic TAS roster, ready for the sequel, that would bring the awaited Wolverine and Gambit.
    1.8B dollar sequel there we go

A 9 member roster would be waaaay too crowded. Avengers had 6 and Hawkeye did almost nothing. Also, the mansion again is just lame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Thunderbird was the main character of a series which lasted 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A 9 member roster would be waaaay too crowded. Avengers had 6 and Hawkeye did almost nothing. Also, the mansion again is just lame.
    well, Eternals has like... 10 members on the first movie? and Avengers also had Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Phill Coulson..... and its not like all the x-men need to have the same exact screentime, some can be the leads while others play supporting roles, (like Sunfire, Thunderbird, even Beast, that have kind of a main role in the past 4 x-men movies). It can be done, a talented writer can do it, and Marvel have the sequels and D+ to develop them all in the long run, so.... I dont see any real problem, and Ive seen Im not the only one expecting quite a decent roster this time around. Marvel is "going big" these phases, as we can tell. I dont really see them starting with just 5-6 x-men, at all.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Just do the 05. Angels literally never been an X-Man in the movies, you can make Bobby gay from the start, it can work

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Just do the 05. Angels literally never been an X-Man in the movies, you can make Bobby gay from the start, it can work
    The Avengers didn't use a rosters from the comics, no reason for the X-men movies to do the same