Page 31 of 291 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The Avengers didn't use a rosters from the comics, no reason for the X-men movies to do the same
    Agreed. Hawkeye and Black Widow were not OG Avengers in the comics. Folks forget that.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Hawkeye and Black Widow were not OG Avengers in the comics. Folks forget that.
    Neither was Cap, for that matter
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Neither was Cap, for that matter
    Also, Hulk was barely an Avenger in the first place until Hickman's run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The Avengers didn't use a rosters from the comics, no reason for the X-men movies to do the same
    IMO, not a great example because Black Widow and especially Hawkeye were/are lame. However, I agree with your general sentiment. The O5 aren't that interesting, and not near diverse enough for a team preaching about civil rights. The X-Men became way more successful with later rosters. Plus, we've seen a lot of those guys a lot in other movies

Not related to introducing them, but the announcement of an Agatha Harkness show gave me so much hope for the mutants in the MCU. They’re really not limiting themselves when it comes to who can lead a Disney+ project and there are mountains of X-characters that could support a D+ mini-series.

We'll have to see how Eternals works out. If they manage to balance 10 character introductions, a high concept theme, and a compelling story all in one go, well then the X-Men have never been in better hands. That said, the original MCU format introduced the big three with solo films before bringing them all together for Avengers. Now that D+ shows are on the table as well, I think exploring the characters more individually(at least with Wolvie, Storm, and Cyke) might be the better play than trying to cram everything into one movie. It did work for GotG, and might even work for Eternals, but I think it is fair to say neither of those franchises are nearly as developed or well-loved[from the comics] compared to the X-Men, but I guess only time will tell. If Marvel is smart, they could easily get +20-something films/series out of X-lore on it's own, so I just hope they take their time and really explore their embarrassment of riches without rushing.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-10-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not related to introducing them, but the announcement of an Agatha Harkness show gave me so much hope for the mutants in the MCU. They’re really not limiting themselves when it comes to who can lead a Disney+ project and there are mountains of X-characters that could support a D+ mini-series.
    True enough. Granted, she was in a hit series before, but if someone like Agatha can have a mini, certainly characters like Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.

I mean... yeah, lol.
    Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Nightcrawler,, Gambit, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Dazzler, Emma Frost, Psylocke...... hell, anyone??

I knew Marvel really believed in all their heroes and would support many shows, but Agatha Harkness, seriously? to me, honestly, it feels like they just greenlight whatever they mention on those meetings. Sometimes it feels too random. I guess Sylvie will be next.
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 10-10-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Agatha had a hit theme song a spin-off was only a matter of time.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Marvel Studios producer Nate Moore on the X-Men diversity:

"To me, our goal with [Eternals] wasn’t to make it a film about diversity in a way that I think X-Men has to be. X-Men is a super direct allegory in which these people are, are ostracized and, and persecuted for who they are. And that’s very much the story of X-Men that’s that’s in the DNA. What I find interesting about Eternals is the movie has zero commentary about that. The characters don’t talk about it."

I heard that Eternals completely dropped the genetic tampering angle. Based on interviews and leaks, it doesn’t seem like a reboot is that much of a priority to Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    I heard that Eternals completely dropped the genetic tampering angle. Based on interviews and leaks, it doesn’t seem like a reboot is that much of a priority to Marvel Studios.
    Well they e already announced it, it's just going to be phase 5.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well they e already announced it, it's just going to be phase 5.
    Probably phase 6, since Kevin Feige said it would take at least five years before we get X-Men in the MCU (not counting multiverse crossovers). He said this before COVID happened, so it is likely still around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Probably phase 6, since Kevin Feige said it would take at least five years before we get X-Men in the MCU (not counting multiverse crossovers). He said this before COVID happened, so it is likely still around that time.
    I think it'll be Phase 5 since they mentioned FF and X-Men together with regards to their upcoming plan and the FF are (at the moment) the last movie in the phase. Since that looks like it's being aimed at a 2024 release, something like 2025 makes sense for the mutants since that's a bit more than the 5 years Feige mentioned and takes covid delays into accounts.

IMO the five year plan Feige said the X-Men weren't part of was most likely referring to the end of Phase 3 and entirety of Phase 4 which in total will be around 5-6 years without covid delays

I think I can safely say that nobodys guess for "What will Marvel Studios do with the X-Men" was "Bring back the 90s show with most of the surviving original cast"