Page 34 of 287 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if MCU Wolverine is an Avenger instead of an X-Men to change some things up especially if they use Bendis's New Avengers as a bit of a template for future Avengers movie Post-Stark/Rogers. Either that or being more of a solo hero because I do think the X-Men will focus on other heroes and they will use other characters that didn't get proper focus in the Fox movies. I do expect Logan as some point, maybe when the Russos return to Marvel Studios since they are big fans of him

I agree. They will want to differentiate both him and their version of the X-men from the FOX versions, so I think they’ll play with him more in the broader MCU and make him really just a supporting character in the X-men team films. I also think there may be some truth to them introducing him in a solo film and then also having this Disney+ anthology series showing his life through the decades and all the connections to Weapon Plus and whatnot. That way when they do X-men he can show up and need no introduction, so they don’t have to take any time from other characters to introduce him or make him the focal point at all. And I actually believe he may end up being more of a New Avengers fixture than an X-men fixture in the MCU. Possibly. That would also allow them to introduce Laura if they’re so inclined and make her the X-men’s Wolverine while he’s running with the (New) Avengers and having solo adventures. I certainly wouldn’t be averse to that as a Logan fan. It would definitely be different and accomplish he dual aims of A) giving Logan his space to play in the broader MCU and B) giving the other X-men their space to shine. Win-win IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree. They will want to differentiate both him and their version of the X-men from the FOX versions, so I think they’ll play with him more in the broader MCU and make him really just a supporting character in the X-men team films. I also think there may be some truth to them introducing him in a solo film and then also having this Disney+ anthology series showing his life through the decades and all the connections to Weapon Plus and whatnot. That way when they do X-men he can show up and need no introduction, so they don’t have to take any time from other characters to introduce him or make him the focal point at all. And I actually believe he may end up being more of a New Avengers fixture than an X-men fixture in the MCU. Possibly. That would also allow them to introduce Laura if they’re so inclined and make her the X-men’s Wolverine while he’s running with the (New) Avengers and having solo adventures. I certainly wouldn’t be averse to that as a Logan fan. It would definitely be different and accomplish he dual aims of A) giving Logan his space to play in the broader MCU and B) giving the other X-men their space to shine. Win-win IMO.
    I still say introduce Laura first (use Dafne Keen to tick the diversity box) and use her to build up to Logan. Base it partially on the part of Target X where she's trying to hunt Logan down, and when she shows up, have Old Man Rogers, Bucky, and/or Isaiah Bradley make cryptic remarks about her reminding them of a soldier they heard rumors of who served in the Canadian Army during the War, who was more animal than man and said to be unable to die. It would be a very quick way to be different than Fox, while playing up the reversal on the usual relationship AND avoiding the over representation of white dudes in the line. And Marvel has already shown they're not afraid to use Legacy characters over their more "iconic" predecessors (IE Scott Lang).

Seems forced. You have to have Logan first to explain where X-23 came from. At least IMO. I really don’t see Feige going out of sequence like that, but I suppose stranger things have happened. We’ll see I suppose.

My gut tells me Logan comes first as a solo character, then the X-men. And then possibly Laura to replace him as the Wolverine on the X-men.

Dafne is Spanish(and British), she's not exactly 'diverse', just a European white.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Seems forced. You have to have Logan first to explain where X-23 came from. At least IMO. I really don’t see Feige going out of sequence like that, but I suppose stranger things have happened. We’ll see I suppose.

My gut tells me Logan comes first as a solo character, then the X-men. And then possibly Laura to replace him as the Wolverine on the X-men.
    You dont. You do if you want to tell the X-23 story the way it already has been but there are ways to do it differently. I think starting with her would be a great decision. They dont have to explain where she comes from in ehr first appearance. Her presence serves as hype for Logan and introduces a mystery element that they can pay off later

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Yeah, but those are isolated incidents. I'm referring to mutant discrimination in general. If Wakanda can help out the black community at the end of Black Panther why can't the Avengers do the same for the mutant community?
    What did Wakanda do for the black community? Really, how did anything there do change any more than the Avengers you are comparing them too
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-27-2021 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

I disagree that you necessarily need to introduce Logan first, as you can use the mystery of who this girl is and where she came from to tease out the different layers of Weapon Plus. Introduce Laura, which sets up the Facility. But that reveal drops hints of something even bigger happening, eventually leading to the reveal of Weapon Plus and its connections to Project Rebirth, and eventually to Logan himself. You don't even need to make use of the amnesia angle; Laura may know perfectly well the chain between her and Logan, and instead it's revealed to the audience as she tracks down all the individuals responsible on her way to find Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Dafne is Spanish(and British), she's not exactly 'diverse', just a European white.
    European Spanish heritage is somewhat more complicated. There's a lot of Moorish and North African ancestry mixed in due to the Arab conquests during the Middle Ages.

Never said it couldn’t be done that way, just that I don’t see it happening. Feige will go in some semblance of sequence, as he generally does. Logan will beget Laura, just as Peter Parker will eventually beget Miles (they foreshadowed that pretty heavily in No Way Home). Or just as Captain America beget Falcon, who eventually became the new Cap, and he beget U.S. Agent. I don’t see them starting with Laura any more than they would’ve started with She-Hulk before introducing Hulk.

Like I said, I could be wrong and it’s certainly doable. But I really don’t think I am. I’ll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    European Spanish heritage is somewhat more complicated. There's a lot of Moorish and North African ancestry mixed in due to the Arab conquests during the Middle Ages.
    I am well aware of the Moors' influence in Europe, but if Dafne has any vestige of them in her genetics(from hundreds of years ago, after intention ethnic cleansing and expulsion), it is nowhere near enough to qualify as a person of color.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

What did Wakanda do for the black community? Really, how did anything there do change any more than the Avengers you are comparing them too
    The whole movie was about how Wakanda turned their backs on black people as their being oppressed. At the end of the movie T’Challa decides to establish outreach centers in poor black communities.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-27-2021 at 03:33 PM.

The whole movie was about how Wakanda turned their backs on black people as their being oppressed. At the end of the movie T’Challa decides to establish outreach centers in poor black communities.
    An Outreach Center in Oakland does little to actually help the black community. It was a nice gesture to help support education, and it'll help black people help themselves but it does nothing to prevent the racism, persecution and ill treatment that black people recieve, which Im almost positive you were alluding to in reference to the Avengers doing something comparable for mutants.

I do think Logan will show up first but I wouldn't be shocked if Laura is the wolverine on the X-Men to differentiate although I think it's just as likely there is no Wolverine on the X-Men to at least start with. Similarly, I have a feeling Emma will be the main telepath of the team instead of Jean especially after Dark Phoenix and Feige wanting to differentiate the lineup from Fox.

I mean if that's all it takes, then you can easily have the Avengers do something. It's not like this is such a big thing that requires a seperate universe. One of the most hype moments of the X-Men being part of the MCU is them being part of the same universe as the other characters. You can easily put an outreach center for mutants from the Avengers in like two seconds of dialogue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    An Outreach Center in Oakland does little to actually help the black community. It was a nice gesture to help support education, and it'll help black people help themselves but it does nothing to prevent the racism, persecution and ill treatment that black people recieve, which Im almost positive you were alluding to in reference to the Avengers doing something comparable for mutants.
    I think it was meant to be a start and the sequel will likely delve into it further. I mean, they are introducing Iron Heart in Wakanda Forever and she isn’t Wakandan. Though, admittedly they can make her that.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I truly believe their best bet is to make "The Mutants" a streaming series and just lay all the foundation and history of homo superior before an MCU X-film. They really need to build a reasonably plausible reason we haven't heard of mutants in the MCU.

I've stated the whole "secret society" scenario before and some called repetitive on me but, utilizing Krakoa, it could work for the MCU. A series could be about those within Krakoa fighting to stay secret with forces outside trying to expose them. Then you have the added threat of Krakoan citizens like Xavier who thinks it's time to step out of the shadows vs other mutants who have other agendas vs mutants who are already out in the world making moves (Hellfire Club, Magneto, Sinister).
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6