Page 35 of 285 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Yeah. Marvel Studio took huge liberalities with Spider-lore in Spider-Man: No Way Home. They used the multiverse to bring back William Defoe’s Norman to be Tom Holland’s Green Goblin and basically adapted spoilers:
    The Night Gwen Stacy Died for a third time
    end of spoilers.

It doesn’t seem like they’re interested in making their own Green Goblin either, considering that the movie revealed that Oscorp doesn’t exist in the 616 MCU. And they also implied that…spoilers:
    Uncle Ben doesn’t exist either and it is Aunt May that give Peter the classic speech.
    end of spoilers

It is very likely that they will take similar liberalities with X-Men lore.

It seems that Kevin Feige does think this way.

"It did not occur to us to do a new Goblin story, or to do an Oscorp story, or to do Doc Ock, or anyone that had been done before, which is why Vulture and Mysterio were really the key characters. Even as we were doing that — and I had been saying for years, even before anybody asked me what I thought — that you can't get better than Alfred Molina as Doc Ock."
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ke...n-no-way-home/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-27-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I do think Logan will show up first but I wouldn't be shocked if Laura is the wolverine on the X-Men to differentiate although I think it's just as likely there is no Wolverine on the X-Men to at least start with.
    I still say the perfect way to bring Laura into the MCU is to do it as part of X-Force. Introduce her in Deadpool 3 alongside Josh Brolin’s Cable and Zazie Beetz as Domino, setting up an X-Force spinoff. Naturally these are the MCU versions, however, so they look a little different and don’t remember Wade. And I see Dafne Keene coming back as Laura. And these would be the only FOX actors who carry over to the MCU timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still say the perfect way to bring Laura into the MCU is to do it as part of X-Force. Introduce her in Deadpool 3 alongside Josh Brolin’s Cable and Zazie Beetz as Domino, setting up an X-Force spinoff. Naturally these are the MCU versions, however, so they look a little different and don’t remember Wade. And I see Dafne Keene coming back as Laura. And these would be the only FOX actors who carry over to the MCU timeline.
    Doesn’t Cable regularly travel to alternate timelines?

He does. We’ve also seen different versions of Cable across different timelines. There were some rumors awhile back that Brolin would be coming back as Cable, and that he would have history with Kang. Not sure if it’s true, but that would be awesome if so.

He does. We’ve also seen different versions of Cable across different timelines. There were some rumors awhile back that Brolin would be coming back as Cable, and that he would have history with Kang. Not sure if it’s true, but that would be awesome if so.
    He seems like a logical replacement for Apocalypse as Cable’s nemesis.

And they have history in the comics. Cable fought Kang as Rama-Tut at one point…

BANNED

Better yet, have Deadpool 3 start in whichever reality the previous two Deadpool movies are set in. Wade and Cable bodyslide through a couple different points in the FoX-Men timeline, picking up whichever actors and characters you want to carry over (Dafne Keen's X-23, Anya Taylor Joy's Magik, etc.) to fight some big threat. In the after-credits sequence, the group body slides into New York...

Wade: Where the hell are we?

Cable: *Confused* New York City....

Wade: Oh yeah? Well, what do you call that? *Wade points to Avengers Tower, perhaps still in the process of being renovated for the new owners.*

Cable: Huh.

Wade: What "Huh?" You were supposed to bring us home, Doc Brown.

Cable: Body Sliding isn't an exact science. Any changes in the timeline can radiate outward, both forward and backward, along the time stream. These fluctuations are unpredictable, and can interfere with the signals the device locks on to when attempting to slide. If there was a considerable flux of temporal energy somewhere within the multiversal space-time continuum, particularly if one occurred approximately within the same time frame we're attempting to travel to, it might have locked on to a completely different reality altogether and drew us there. Our own reality may not even exist any more.

Wade: Oh that's just *BEEP*ing...Wait, what the *BEEP* was that? Oh God dammit, we've been transported to a PG-13 universe! What a *BEEP*ing piece of *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*ing *BEEP*.

Cable: Watch your language, *******

Wade: *Looks at the camera.* I hope all of you are happy with this, and that technobabble is all the explanation you get. Now if you don't mind, I have to have some words with a *BEEP*ing Mouse. *draws his guns*

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Anya Taylor Joy's Magik
    She will apparently be playing Felicia Hardy (Black Cat).

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier is taken off the board early or doesn't play much of a role with the MCU X-Men. Feige hasn't said anything about this but I have a feeling he views Patrick Stewart as the definitive Professor X. The alternative solution would be to do a new take on the character with someone like Riddick but I could see Feige just foregoing Xavier altogether and using Stewart for a multiverse variant like its rumored for in the upcoming Doctor Strange

She will apparently be playing Felicia Hardy (Black Cat).
    Eh the rumor is Sony wants her as Hardy but they apparently have plans for like 10 films but I highly doubt most of them will make it to production. For now, I'd consider her still available

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Better yet, have Deadpool 3 start in whichever reality the previous two Deadpool movies are set in. Wade and Cable bodyslide through a couple different points in the FoX-Men timeline, picking up whichever actors and characters you want to carry over (Dafne Keen's X-23, Anya Taylor Joy's Magik, etc.) to fight some big threat. In the after-credits sequence, the group body slides into New York...

Wade: Where the hell are we?

Cable: *Confused* New York City....

Wade: Oh yeah? Well, what do you call that? *Wade points to Avengers Tower, perhaps still in the process of being renovated for the new owners.*

Cable: Huh.

Wade: What "Huh?" You were supposed to bring us home, Doc Brown.

Cable: Body Sliding isn't an exact science. Any changes in the timeline can radiate outward, both forward and backward, along the time stream. These fluctuations are unpredictable, and can interfere with the signals the device locks on to when attempting to slide. If there was a considerable flux of temporal energy somewhere within the multiversal space-time continuum, particularly if one occurred approximately within the same time frame we're attempting to travel to, it might have locked on to a completely different reality altogether and drew us there. Our own reality may not even exist any more.

Wade: Oh that's just *BEEP*ing...Wait, what the *BEEP* was that? Oh God dammit, we've been transported to a PG-13 universe! What a *BEEP*ing piece of *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*ing *BEEP*.

Cable: Watch your language, *******

Wade: *Looks at the camera.* I hope all of you are happy with this, and that technobabble is all the explanation you get. Now if you don't mind, I have to have some words with a *BEEP*ing Mouse. *draws his guns*
    As I said before, the perfect ending for Deadpool 3 is both arriving in the MCU and being chasen by the heroes that think Cable is Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I do think Logan will show up first but I wouldn't be shocked if Laura is the wolverine on the X-Men to differentiate although I think it's just as likely there is no Wolverine on the X-Men to at least start with. Similarly, I have a feeling Emma will be the main telepath of the team instead of Jean especially after Dark Phoenix and Feige wanting to differentiate the lineup from Fox.
    Well, Marvel secretly introduced the M’Kraan Crystal/Panoptichron in What If.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-mcu-loca...-if-introduce/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-28-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Here is another part the quote that makes me think they won't recast Logan.

"[I said] stepping into those shoes would be very, very difficult. And wouldn't it be fun to find a way, if you were ever going to bring Doc Ock back, it would have to be Alfred Molina," said Feige, an executive producer of Raimi's Spider-Man 2. "And in early development on this third Homecoming movie, we realized that thanks to the MCU, there was a way to do that."

I think they'll def recast Logan. Xavier is the one I think they may not recast but Wolverine will be like Spider-Man and get reinterpreted by Feige and Marvel Studios to put their own stamp on the character. Especially when the Russo brothers (who I believe will eventually return to Marvel) want to eventually direct his reboot

Maybe, but previous Spider-Man actors were no Hugh Jackman. There has only been one Wolverine for nearly two decades and he was great at it.

Yea but Wolverine is also a pretty big character and one that I think they will def want to put on-screen at some point when the X-Men show up even if they revamp him so that he is different from Hugh Jackman's take. I do think he won't show up at first as they've said firmly they want the MCU reboot to differentiate itself from Fox but I don't imagine him not showing up at all.