Page 36 of 276 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Yeah, but considering the huge liberties they took with the Spider-lore, I won't be surprised if they didn't.

It's always possible but I think the most iconic X-Men character will show up at some point or another whether its from the Russo brothers (who seem to really want to direct/reboot him) or someone else. Besides, everyone is used to liberties with X-Men lore since we two decades with Fox lol. Obviously the MCU will take their own liberties but overall I'm excited to see them make use of characters who were shelved by Fox so I wouldn't mind Logan being put on ice for a bit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think they'll def recast Logan. Xavier is the one I think they may not recast but Wolverine will be like Spider-Man and get reinterpreted by Feige and Marvel Studios to put their own stamp on the character. Especially when the Russo brothers (who I believe will eventually return to Marvel) want to eventually direct his reboot
    They'll have to. AFAIK, Jackman has not changed his mind about reprising the role, and is content with how Logan ended his story. The ONLY Wolverine we're likely to see reprise their role is if, as I said before, they use Daf and All-New Wolverine. If Logan appears, it won't be Jackman.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They'll certainly recast Jackman, Mckellen and Stewart because they grew too old for the roles. They could use McAvoy or Fassbender, but that seems unlikely, I don't think they want any association with the Fox movies and with Brian Singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They'll certainly recast Jackman, Mckellen and Stewart because they grew too old for the roles. They could use McAvoy or Fassbender, but that seems unlikely, I don't think they want any association with the Fox movies and with Brian Singer.
    Kevin Feige had a long conversation with Patrick Stewart about returning as Professor X in late 2019 and there is a lot of evidence suggesting that he is reprising the role in the upcoming Doctor Strange film. Not to mention Marvel Studios is developing Deadpool 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Kevin Feige had a long conversation with Patrick Stewart about returning as Professor X in late 2019 and there is a lot of evidence suggesting that he is reprising the role in the upcoming Doctor Strange film. Not to mention Marvel Studios is developing Deadpool 3.
    True but Stewart is 80 years old. This is likely a one-off and not something that will inform their long term plans for the character

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

True but Stewart is 80 years old. This is likely a one-off and not something that will inform their long term plans for the character
    Exactly. Even if he makes a cameo in Dr. Strange, which is by no means certain, there's no way they'll cast him for the movies.

I was just wondering...what if Marvel is setting up an Exiles series? I think there is a lot things pointing to that.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I kinda find myself less and less interested in seeing mutants in the MCU these days. I'd much rather have an animated movie or cartoon a la Into the Spider-verse that explores the current mutant status quo and can make use of the wackiness and otherworldliness of Krakoa and Arakko to their fullest potential.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I kinda find myself less and less interested in seeing mutants in the MCU these days. I'd much rather have an animated movie or cartoon a la Into the Spider-verse that explores the current mutant status quo and can make use of the wackiness and otherworldliness of Krakoa and Arakko to their fullest potential.
    I've found myself less interested in the whole MCU ever since the end of Avenger Endgame. I've watched a few here and there mainly for the X-Men easter eggs(Madripoor, the Princess Bar, etc.). As it stands now, X-Men 97 is the only thing I'm truly looking forward to. To me, it's the most exciting thing to happen to the X-franchise in over 20 years.

The more I read the replies on this thread the more I like the idea of MCU X-Men being introduced in a series. This would allow for a bigger cast to be introduced at a slower pace, so I’m liking the following order: (Season 1) Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Rogue (switches over from enemy side at end), (Season 2) Storm, Angel, Psylocke, Colossus, Gambit, (Season 3 or movie) Wolverine, etc.

I’m not a big fan of race swapping characters, and I really despise gender swapping, but I’m getting the feeling one of the original X-Men will get changed. If this is the case I hope it’s Beast (probably African-American), as his iconic beastly, furry, blue look is independent of race.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xmen-pr...source=twitter

"The honest answer is, I have no idea," Kinberg said when asked if we could see some old X-Men faces pop up in the MCU. "And the other answer is, Kevin [Feige] knows what he is doing with the MCU. I would argue he's the greatest producer in the history of cinema. Truly. I mean, if you look at it pound for pound in terms of quality and in terms of obviously commercial success, there's no question the latter is true. So I don't know."

Kinberg did however go on to say he can't imagine anyone but Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

"I love those actors. I love them as human beings, and I love them as the characters," Kinberg said. "So obviously, there's a part of me that would be incredibly nostalgic and would be excited to see them. And certainly, I can't imagine another person playing Wolverine, but I also couldn't imagine another person playing James Bond. And I think that there's an aspect of some of these characters where it's like, there are a lot of great Hamlets over time. And I think even Hugh felt that with the end of Logan."
    All interesting stuff. Only thing we can confirm is that Kinberg is not involved in future X-Men projects which is probably for the best

I honestly think he knows, but doesn't want to spoil anything. Like the situation with Andrew Garfield.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean it's not like Xavier is gonna be doing sweet tricks and flips from his chair, Stewart's old but he can sit and point fine

https://www.ign.com/articles/xmen-pr...source=twitter

All interesting stuff. Only thing we can confirm is that Kinberg is not involved in future X-Men projects which is probably for the best
    Hamlet and James Bond confirmed for Multiverse Of Madness.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 01-05-2022 at 08:42 AM. Reason: halmet