Page 4 of 243 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 3637
  1. #46
    Mighty Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Sprinkle them in slowly at first...

    Rogue as an enemy in a Captain Marvel movie. I still they should use Rogue to incapacitate Carol so Monica can become the next Captain Marvel.
    Wolverine fighting the Hulk in something.

    Stuff like that.

    X-Men Movie 1 - Original 5 vs Magneto. Introduce the Brotherhood.
    X-Men Movie 2 - All-New All-Different. Do the Krakoa story or something else in order for the next group to get recruited to rescue the originals.

    Have Beast mutate in another movie and join the Avengers.
    I like this, but I think I'd prefer they start with ANAD. Introduce Wolverine, Storm, and Rogue in other movies. Then start with the original five already established. I'd like to see them trapped on murder world, rather than Krakoa which would be a lot to take in for new audiences. Xavier can recruit Wolvie, Storm, and Rogue as the new X-men. Jubilee can stowaway and tag along. Then they can sort out who the main team is for the second movie out of the 9 characters they have by the end of this one.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Well apparently Jamie Foxx is coming back as Electro so maybe they WILL use the original cast.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, you're wrong. First of all, the idea is that there were few mutants before, and specially considering the 5 year gap, none of the major X-men apart from Logan and Xavier had powers. Second, apart from the Avengers when Hulk returned to Earth, who knew Thanos was coming to Earth? It's not like they put it in billboards "Big alien invader coming to Earth! Interested? Give us a call!".

    Third, no one is saying mutants exist because of Thanos or Banner, just that the snap might have cause the number of active mutants (the ones that actually have the X-gene active and have powers) to increase.
    Maybe they were fighting somewhere else on a different front that the Avengers didn't know about. The X-Men are kind of the team that saves the day and never gets the credit for it.

    The X-Men not getting into Avengers stuff just feels normal to me because that's how it always was in the comics. The X-Men weren't around during, I don't know, Kang War. And the Avengers usually don't show up in X-Men crossovers either. Insisting that they should have been there or feels like demanding franchise interconnectivity to an excessive level.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, that just makes it all much worse- now, their powers are a disease.
    Well its the MCU, lots of heroes and villains are going to die. A group of people fighting for survival, from both physical threats as much as internal threats, could be dramatic and suspenseful.

    So, maybe the humans are right to try to get rid of them or at least the powers after all.
    It could be a big issue within the MCU, Avengers/other heroes get called to take care of mutants and maybe one of the heroes questions why and decides they want to help the mutants achieve acceptance which leads to a (maybe young) Charles Xavier thinking he should use his disease to make a positive difference in the world.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    So if Marvel's fine with reusing previous actors as their characters, Krakoa becomes a lot more plausible as a starting point if they use the Fox cast.

  6. #51

    Default

    Generation Hope
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    As for the "reverse house of M" theory, I doubt she'll create the mutants (that would be insane and immediately tank any credible argument that they're the "next step in evolution" if they exist because Vision died), but I could see a scenario where if the mutants were in hiding something Wanda does could attract her attention. Maybe not a full blown "No More Mutants" scenario but maybe they realize someone who can bend all reality who's also very unstable is an existential threat to the mutants, or maybe they think she is one (a re-re-re retcon, dont see many of those) and want to make sure she's secure.

  8. #53
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well its the MCU, lots of heroes and villains are going to die. A group of people fighting for survival, from both physical threats as much as internal threats, could be dramatic and suspenseful.



    It could be a big issue within the MCU, Avengers/other heroes get called to take care of mutants and maybe one of the heroes questions why and decides they want to help the mutants achieve acceptance which leads to a (maybe young) Charles Xavier thinking he should use his disease to make a positive difference in the world.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure no one would think that "they're only superheroes because they have a disease" is a good idea. It's no accident that the UU crashed and burned, and not knowing how to handle the X-men part of it was a big reason why.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Maybe they were fighting somewhere else on a different front that the Avengers didn't know about. The X-Men are kind of the team that saves the day and never gets the credit for it.

    The X-Men not getting into Avengers stuff just feels normal to me because that's how it always was in the comics. The X-Men weren't around during, I don't know, Kang War. And the Avengers usually don't show up in X-Men crossovers either. Insisting that they should have been there or feels like demanding franchise interconnectivity to an excessive level.
    Yeah, but even then, the world and the Avengers knew the X-men existed. It makes much more sense to see them just as they are being formed or right at the beginning- which is what happened with the Avengers. Plus, it's another different from the Fox movies.

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    14,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well apparently Jamie Foxx is coming back as Electro so maybe they WILL use the original cast.
    Between this and Feige having already confirmed that Reynolds will be continuing as Deadpool I have more hope that Dafne Keen will get another chance at X-23. Reynolds was almost a given considering how completely he defined Wade, but bringing back Foxx is something else given the middling reaction to ASM2.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Yeah, Foxx is different than the JK Simmons rebooting because he wasn't exactly a fan favorite. Which makes me think it's really the ASM2 version.

    You know what would be a plausible reason for humanity to fear mutants? If the X-Men/Krakoa were refugees from another universe after escaping Kang, as well as mutants in the main MCU timeline starting to pop up for the first time. It'd be a bit have your cake and eat it to but it could work.

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So if Marvel's fine with reusing previous actors as their characters, Krakoa becomes a lot more plausible as a starting point if they use the Fox cast.
    Which Fox cast? Because I doubt they will bring the original X-Men movie cast because they are "too old" for Marvel to use them all for a long time. if not, ok...but I prefer them to recast. Specially Storm ... I need regal African goddess realness for Ororo.

    But I wouldn't min Olivia Munn as Psylocke (Kwannon) for Shang Chi for exemple.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Feige did meet with Patrick Stewart a while back...

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well apparently Jamie Foxx is coming back as Electro so maybe they WILL use the original cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, Foxx is different than the JK Simmons rebooting because he wasn't exactly a fan favorite. Which makes me think it's really the ASM2 version.
    If I had to guess, I'd say Foxx already had a contract for a sequel and since it's still the same studio, they had to use him or pay anyway (those contracts are not uncommon in studios). Sony is still handling the franchise, unlike Fox.

    Also, there's ZERO chance of them using the same cast. They are all too old for the role, the movies are ridiculously convoluted, and they bring a big stench of failure written all over it from Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse, as well as associations with well-known rapist Brian Singer. Again, ZERO chance of that happening. They want people to forget those movies ever existed.

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You know what would be a plausible reason for humanity to fear mutants? If the X-Men/Krakoa were refugees from another universe after escaping Kang, as well as mutants in the main MCU timeline starting to pop up for the first time. It'd be a bit have your cake and eat it to but it could work.
    I disagree- first, because that would make the X-men look weak for not being able to beat him. Second, because when humans would say that mutants are not in their place and it was not their world...it would be true.

  14. #59

    Default

    Patrick Stewart could play Professor X forever as far as I am concerned....

    but if the original cast appears, I'm sure it will be in Wanda Vision or DS2 as heroes in another dimension. There are rumors Feige wants to do that with the Avengers so I could see him do that with the X-Men at the same time.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    However they do it the big defining factor will be that now the X-Men aren't the only heroes in the world anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •