Page 44 of 278 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The universe merging thing is stupid because MoM is not an X-Men movie the same way WandaVision is not an X-Men show.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The universe merging thing is stupid because MoM is not an X-Men movie the same way WandaVision is not an X-Men show.
    Also, it's a stupid idea because people won't forget the X-men haven't been there and also the sudden are supposed to always have been (that's Sentry ****, and can't be done with multiple characters without creating massive inconsistencies).

Plus, the difference with Spider-Man is that he already had two movies establishing his origin, there was no need of the Uncle Ben stuff again (and even then, he didn't start as a 25 year old), while the backgrounds of everyone in X-men but Magneto and Wolverine are completely unknown and most were poorly explored.

Not to mention it would make the X-men an immediate copy of the Brian Singer/Fox universe (X-men start older, have been around for decades and are very well known), which defeats the purpose of taking the X-men in the first place (not to mention Disney doesn't want it's brand associated with an alleged rapist even more than it already is).
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 01-24-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Ha. If Kevin Feige has demonstrated one thing it’s that anything can be done and he is masterful at doing it in a way that audiences will eat it up. So if this is the route he goes, I’m sure it will work. I remember a lot of the same “that would be stupid” chatter when all the rumors were out there about Spider-man: No Way Home… and yet, here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. If Kevin Feige has demonstrated one thing it’s that anything can be done and he is masterful at doing it in a way that audiences will eat it up. So if this is the route he goes, I’m sure it will work.
    Sure that maybe done, but not easily, and there's no point in creating a lot of inconsistencies that might not be accepted by audiences and/or create confusion, and for what? To have the X-men start as 30 year old, limiting in many years how long the actors can be used? Make it more similar to the Fox universe, that had at least as many bad movies as good, and had the imprint of a very toxic figure?

Guess we'll see, but I have confidence they can make it work either way.

I'd probably skip the o5 and go to the Giant Size X-men and Generation X.

I saw the 05 as FF while the Giant Sized X-men where the Avengers. The later already had lives and solo adventures when they showed up or you could retcon that in. So Professor X recruiting these seperate individuals to be the "Mutant Avengers" is an easy selling point.

Plus the Gen X kids work as the diverse student body for the school. They are the next generation we should invest in. So give them a Disney+ show while the Giant Size X-men get the movies. .

I was fond of Teen Cyclop traveling with his father and the Starjammers. Teen Beast trying to learn Magic while Teen Iceman and Angel could hang out with the Defenders. Jean Grey was Misty's roommate so maybe she can help out the Daughters of the Dragon? These all could be Disney+ specials. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-24-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, it's a stupid idea because people won't forget the X-men haven't been there and also the sudden are supposed to always have been (that's Sentry ****, and can't be done with multiple characters without creating massive inconsistencies).

Plus, the difference with Spider-Man is that he already had two movies establishing his origin, there was no need of the Uncle Ben stuff again (and even then, he didn't start as a 25 year old), while the backgrounds of everyone in X-men but Magneto and Wolverine are completely unknown and most were poorly explored.

Not to mention it would make the X-men an immediate copy of the Brian Singer/Fox universe (X-men start older, have been around for decades and are very well known), which defeats the purpose of taking the X-men in the first place (not to mention Disney doesn't want it's brand associated with an alleged rapist even more than it already is).
    Where did you get that idea? Kevin Feige has already asked Patrick Stewart to return as Professor X according to Sir. Stewart himself. Not to mention Deadpool is getting another sequel.

Well, Multiverse of Madness was originally suppose to come out before Spider-Man: No Way Home and set-up the events of that multiverse Spider-Man movie.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-24-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. If Kevin Feige has demonstrated one thing it’s that anything can be done and he is masterful at doing it in a way that audiences will eat it up. So if this is the route he goes, I’m sure it will work. I remember a lot of the same “that would be stupid” chatter when all the rumors were out there about Spider-man: No Way Home… and yet, here we are.
    There's a big gulf between appearing in the MCU and then trying to retcon the X-Men into having always been around, especially in a Doctor Strange movie. The MCU X-Men is very likely a reboot.

There's a big gulf between appearing in the MCU and then trying to retcon the X-Men into having always been around, especially in a Doctor Strange movie. The MCU X-Men is very likely a reboot.
    That would technically count as a reboot. If the rumor are true I guess that really was a SHEILD helicarrier in Deadpool.

Ultimate Member

It would be easiest to say set the number of mutants as small but growing and they get confused with the Inhumans and all of that before say Magneto attacks some big target and the X-men rush to stop him, revealing them all and mutants to the world...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It would be easiest to say set the number of mutants as small but growing and they get confused with the Inhumans and all of that before say Magneto attacks some big target and the X-men rush to stop him, revealing them all and mutants to the world...
    I think don’t think Marvel Studios is interested in that, based on an interview that I saw with Kevin Feige. He said that whatever they do with the X-Men will be different from what was done with them before. The X-Men fighting Magneto isn’t different and has been done before.

I just remembered, there were plans to make The Amazing Spider-Man series a part of the MCU until The Amazing Man 2 happened. So they were going to have someone over 25, originally.

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...t_feels_weird/
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-24-2022 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I just remembered, there were plans to make The Amazing Spider-Man series a part of the MCU until The Amazing Man 2 happened. So they were going to have someone over 25, originally.

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...t_feels_weird/
    The actor would be over 25, not the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I think don’t think Marvel Studios is interested in that, based on an interview that I saw with Kevin Feige. He said that whatever they do with the X-Men will be different from what was done with them before. The X-Men fighting Magneto isn’t different and has been done before.
    Yes, but they might replace him with another mutant villain like Exodus or have Xavier announce himself to the world, House of X style. Very different from "Hey, the X-men were fighting Thanos, what do you mean you haven't seen them?".

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Aunt May's scene in No Way Home was the MCU's Spider-Man's Uncle Ben. He just died of natural causes or something in the MCU. No Way Home was the MCU's Spider-Man's origin movie.