Page 47 of 287 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, I think a lot about just how damn MUCH Fox wasted the X-Men in all the years they had access to them. Like, their movies were so generic and confined, IMO, when like.....they had literally every opportunity to make their own version of the MCU, just as broad and containing just as many subgenres. The X-Men mythos is really that expansive. They could have built up an X-Man team solo movie by solo movie and then bringing them all together, because I defy anyone to say that there's something inherent in the characters of Tony Stark, Peter Quill, Scott Lang, etc, that makes it possible to build entire franchises around them but that the same isn't true for a good dozen different X-Men.

Like just off the top of my head, the possibilities for solo movies for individual X-characters based just on their own unique backgrounds and niches:

1) Psylocke - before she was an X-Man, she was literally a supermodel slash spy. If you can't make 'female James Bond with psychic powers' work, you're not trying.

2) Gambit - everything about him and his character and his origins screams HEIST CAPER HEIST CAPER HEIST CAPER. Ocean's Eleven with Gambit recruiting a team of mutant criminals to steal something from Madripoor, while dodging assassination attempts from his ex-wife's relatives, etc etc.

3) Storm - you could easily make a movie with an epic fantasy tone around her, from her childhood as a thief in Cairo hunted by the mysterious and otherworldly Shadow King to her days being worshipped as a goddess in the Serengeti and now more than capable and ready to fight the Shadow King for the souls of her people.

4) Cable - Terminator style movie centered around the emotional core of Cable going back in time to save the world by saving his own parents from his twisted mirror self, Stryfe. If you don't want to mix clones and time travel streamline things by making Stryfe just a literal other version of Cable like they're each other's road not taken diverging from the same moment in time when Scott and Jean sent baby Nathan into the future to save him.

5) Magik - young girl kidnapped by demon sorcerer who over the course of years leeches her soul and innocence to empower his dark magics, all while she bides her time and learns from watching him, ultimately rising up to overthrow him by claiming the power he tried to steal from her and wielding his own spells against him. 'Nuff said.

6) Longshot - its 2022, how has nobody ever tried to capitalize on the character who was created to star in gladiator combat and rebellions that were real life to him while just being entertainment to others. He's literally The Hunger Games but with superpowers.

7) Bishop - if the Cable pitch doesn't work for studio execs, you've got mutant time cop Bishop waiting in the wings, ready to pop in and out of the timestream in pursuit of mutant criminals seeking to Kang the Conqueror their way to world domination.

8) Dani Moonstar - remix Dani's powers of illusions drawn from the psyche just enough that an accident with them draws her INTO the realms of myth and fantasy she usually pulls FROM. She discovers that everything is real somewhere, even places like Asgard, and now she has to find (or create) a Yellow Brick Road to lead her back home, crossing through battlefields of Valkyries, demon landscapes and more along the way. Alternatively, young mutant and aspiring pop star Lila Cheney accidentally teleports herself across the galaxy and has to find her way home, only to stumble into galactic superstardom via Guardians of the Galaxy style antics.

Etc, etc. You could do something like Sage, Emma Frost or Monet St. Croix infiltrating the Hellfire Club at a young age and trying to navigate its complicated politics without losing her soul. Or family drama writ large as young mutants Chamber, Blink or even Nightcrawler, any of them possibilities for being abandoned at birth as obvious mutants, seek answers about their origins only to be plunged into operatic family drama via their supervillain parent/ancestor Apocalypse or Azazel. Space adventures with any of the Summers kids learning honey, your parents were kidnapped by aliens. More epic fantasy possibilities with someone like Magma discovering their entire civilization is just a cruel immortal's toy and taking on Selene to save her people from her eternal manipulations.

The possibilities were endless, and Fox was like, lol, nah, what if we just used the same handful of characters and also some robots to just like.....make pew pew noises at each others with their lasers. Like, love that energy, Fox. Good hustle out there.
    All the X-Men movies were pretty bad and were only popular because people liked the cartoon/comics and it was all that we had besides Batman and Spider-Man. The X-Men had 13 movies and two live action TV shows, and they never captured the essence of the comics.

People were jealous of how Disney was making the Avengers characters so well. That's why they wanted X-Men movies with Disney when there were like 5 projects already scheduled at Fox.

The problem with X-Men movies is similar to the comics, where the most popular characters and favorites got all the attention. People are angry at Disney for giving lesser known Marvel characters an opportunity. The fans fed into it also.

Disney not being able to use the X-Men due to their contact probably saved comic book visual media. We would still be in a Batman/Spider-Man/X-Men runt if not. Love them all though.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-31-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Eternals? I have not seen posts claiming that. Seems to me that it very much was a MCU movie. Just a really bad one.
    The sudden snap of power from the awakening Celestial in that movie (which was briefly tied to every person on Earth, as it was going to snuff them all when it came to life) surging back and causing some small percentage of humanity to erupt with mutant power, as the Celestials power backflows into the vessels it was trying to absorb to bring itself to full consciousness, could be one way to go, but I kind of like keeping some ties to earlier stuff like Magneto having a connection to WW2 or Apocalypse to ancient Egypt, none of which could be the case if all mutants just sort of snapped into being this decade.

Then again, perhaps *some* mutants predate this incident, and those might be the older and potentially more powerful ones, while the dispersing of Tiamat's power across humanity made for a quantum surge in mutant awakenings, so that it goes from one or two in a billion to significantly more...

Fantastic Member

I hope, and think it’s best, the writers don’t over think it.
    60s/o5 happened and get captured by krakoa. Xavier puts a new team together….maybe tie in some human hate, start of sentinel project. Xmen work together as team and save the day.

Let’s keep the writing into the established MCU to a minimum and just work around it, and not over explain/convolute when not necessary.

I’d be down with some Stark tech being a part of the new updated sentinel project. Maybe Lang worked/stole from Stark but even that doesn’t have to be said.
    Last edited by mbm721; 02-01-2022 at 05:41 PM.

I could also see them coming in as an off-shoot from Civil War. Not Civil War II, obviously, but sort of as a fall out from it. The X-Men oppose how the Avengers handled the situation and how they protect the Earth, so they form as the alternative.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I said it before, I'll say it again. They are setting up Exiles!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I said it before, I'll say it again. They are setting up Exiles!
    That would certainly be a good way to bring over the characters that worked (Wade, X-23, Evan Peters' Quicksilver, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That would certainly be a good way to bring over the characters that worked (Wade, X-23, Evan Peters' Quicksilver, etc.)
    Why stop there? Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came back as supporting character.

Astonishing Member

Why stop there? Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came back as supporting character.
    Why stop at movies. Bring in characters from the cartoons too. Bring in SPYKE!!!

Okay i can't even type that with a straight face. Sorry Evan.

But yeah options are legion, including Legion.

If the rumors of the reshoots are true, they might just go as crazy as they can. NWH prove they can make bank out of nostalgia. And they don't have to share this one with Sony.

I do hope we see more than Stewart. Even if it's a Deadpool 2's X-Men and/or First Class Mystique level cameo. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    If the rumors of the reshoots are true, they might just go as crazy as they can. NWH prove they can make bank out of nostalgia. And they don't have to share this one with Sony.

I do hope we see more than Stewart. Even if it's a Deadpool 2's X-Men and/or First Class Mystique level cameo. But we'll see.
    I doubt they would spoil a cameo in a trailer.

I doubt they would spoil a cameo in a trailer.
    Oh I'm not expecting to see it in a trailer, but hope to see it in the actual movie.

Because a lot of the casting for the new X-Men movies was bad and people want to see them replaced. Other than Anya as Magik and maybe one or two others, I agree with to be honest. Glad that MoM is only really bringing Xavier back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Because a lot of the casting for the new X-Men movies was bad and people want to see them replaced. Other than Anya as Magik and maybe one or two others, I agree with to be honest. Glad that MoM is only really bringing Xavier back
    We know for a fact Feige asked both Stewart and Jackman back. Both men says no at the time, but if they got Stewart back they can get Jackman back. Pretty sure other characters that worked such as Evan Peters Quicksilver will be in there. Halle Berry, who just played a MNA fighter, has said she wants to do Storm again. She has gotten some big deals lately, so I can see.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We know for a fact Feige asked both Stewart and Jackman back. Both men says no at the time, but if they got Stewart back they can get Jackman back. Pretty sure other characters that worked such as Evan Peters Quicksilver will be in there. Halle Berry, who just played a MNA fighter, has said she wants to do Storm again. She has gotten some big deals lately, so I can see.
    Jackman is too old for the role, which is the reason why he retired in the first place- can't keep with the physical demands at 50+. Besides, it would undermine the end of Logan. And I'm pretty sure this Xavier will be a variant. Berry too is too old and was never an acclaimed version of the character.