Page 5 of 250 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

For the first mcu X-men film I would omit the characters Fox overused for too long. Logan, Magneto and Mystique. Xavier can’t be omitted, but I would rather see him with little amounts of screen time like captain marvel in avengers endgame. For the roster I want to see a team consistent to the late 70’s lineup from the comics.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think the first X-Men team we see will be like First Class, basically new or characters who got only small roles in previous films

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think the first X-Men team we see will be like First Class, basically new or characters who got only small roles in previous films
    True. I think the first team could consist of these members from the mid to late 70’s. Only I would use Gambit instead of Wolverine in it.
    B754D0F8-A169-4D6C-A789-CFCB12036F6C.jpg
    Last edited by XForever; 10-12-2020 at 12:57 PM.

I'd like to see a Weapon X movie with Wolverine in the vein of the Marvel Comics Presents story by BWS.

There are rumors that in Falcon and the Winter Soldier spoilers:
    on Madripoor (which has been confirmed via set photos) there may be cameos by a bunch of villains, including Omega Red
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd like to see a Weapon X movie with Wolverine in the vein of the Marvel Comics Presents story by BWS.
    This x 3000 or I love this 3000
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'd like that too, and now they can tie in to the larger MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This x 3000 or I love this 3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'd like that too, and now they can tie in to the larger MCU.
    Yeah, they can tie it into the MCU and say that Project Rebirth was a small division of the Weapon X program. The could even mention the Red Room and have a cameo of Bucky and Omega Red

Yeah, they can tie it into the MCU and say that Project Rebirth was a small division of the Weapon X program. The could even mention the Red Room and have a cameo of Bucky and Omega Red
    I also love this 3000
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

In the MCU, Bucky was never a Russian agent.

He wouldn't have to be a Russian agent but he could be someone who could have been used to test Arkady. We know that Natasha, who was a Russian agent knows about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I also love this 3000
    I love it as well. Let’s do this, Marvel!

He's activated by Russian code words and shot Black Widow with a soviet weapon. Sure Hydra made him but it's not implausible they loaned him out/have contacts with Russia.

And could Hydra have actually been involved in some capacity with Weapon Plus after WWII? Remember that after the war Nazi scientists were poached by the United States and put to work secretly in their labs and research departments, including NASA (Operation Paperclip). So theoretically something like this could have happened in the MCU, but with Hydra since they were essentially the science branch of the Nazi party. It could’ve gone something like this...

- Weapon Plus has its origins with Project Rebirth (the Super Soldier Program) during WWII;
    - Isaiah Bradley was Weapon 0, the predecessor to Steve Rogers who was Weapon I;
    - Professor Erskine was killed, as shown in Captain America: The First Avenger, so Project Rebirth ended there... but Weapon Plus marched on;
    - It could then be revealed that Weapon Plus was actually an Allied effort to create Super Soldiers (i.e., not just United States but also involved other Allied nations like Canada, Great Britain, and the USSR);
    - From here you start to see the connections to the Red Room and Omega Red during the Cold War, after the Allies broke apart of course, as the continuation of this global conspiracy to create super soldiers;
    - Throw in Hydra experiments being conducted in conjunction with or even at the behest of Weapon Plus over the decades since the War, and it grows from there all the way up to the present day with The World facility, John Sublime (as the charismatic head of the conspiracy which has now become a private sector enterprise under the guise of a global conglomerate), Fantomex, Ultimaton, etc.

This could be the basis for a really rad ‘Weapon X’ show on Dis+ which could introduce Wolverine as an anti-hero in the MCU, and a ton of related characters either in supporting roles or as cameos (or even just references to them) as it goes through the decades leading up to the present. This list would include characters like Isaiah Bradley, Steve Rogers, Nuke, Luke Cage, both Black Widows, Bucky, Omega Red, Maverick, Victor Creed, Mystique, Alpha Flight, Deadpool, X-23, Fantomex, etc.

Disney and Marvel Studios can rest assured that the first MCU X-Men film will draw a big audience on that factor alone, hence there's no need to front-load the franchise with the well known characters from the Fox films, so I'd like to see them start things off with some fresh characters such as the Academy X kids and Hellions (yeah I'm totally biased here). They can tease the big name characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, and Magneto for later to maintain long-term interest.