Page 51 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Gonna be honest, between the mediocrity of Black Widow, Eternals, and now Strange, I fear the X-Men are joining during the MCU's washed era. Hopefully future entries can match the quality of No Way Home which stands as an exception in Phase 4 so far. I want to believe Feige still has it but he's looking like a Wizards Michael Jordan right now...
    Honestly I think NWH is the weakest movie this phase. It was pure fanservice which I enjoyed a lot but once I looked past that the plot is just nonsensical. It too much hinges on characters making stupid choices at every turn. I appreciate Eternals and MoM for trying something different though I have my problems with each.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If it takes that long i want at least one proper new X-men cartoon until then.

Actualy that would be enough time to make one show with 3 to 4 seasons and even make a sequel series ala Avatar and Legend of Khora.
    Um….I think you missed the reference. Logan was set in 2029. Meaning Wade and Cable would need to travel to sometime after 2034 to pick her up to account for Dafne Keen’s age today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Um….I think you missed the reference. Logan was set in 2029. Meaning Wade and Cable would need to travel to sometime after 2034 to pick her up to account for Dafne Keen’s age today.
    They could adapt Messiah War and Cable goes into the future to get Hope and Laura was around to protect the first mutant born in years.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-08-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yes that totaly flew over my head. Considering the limited amount of movies they can do per year, combined with the number properties now at their disposale and the massive backlog of stuff from the X-men side alone, i actualy considered it possible that some things might only happen as late as 2029. Nevermind then.

Still i want to express my wish for a new X-men cartoon that isn't just a nostalgia driven revive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They could adapt Messiah War and Cable goes into the future to get Hope and Laura was around to protect the first mutant born in years.
    Naw that think about it. The Messiah trilogy would be the perfect follow-up to Logan and Deadpool 2. All the pieces were already set-up by the previous X-Men movies.

Cable & Deadpool: Messiah War
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-08-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm just going to paste what I posted in the Jean thread...with an addition.

When taken in its entirety...the FoX-Men movies, every single one, were What if...? abominations of the actual stories the represented. Superficial at best, but clearly lacking in any depth and meaning present in the source material.

That said...I hope the MCU doesn't plan on another retelling of that Saga, or any of the XPlots Fox referenced. Else we'll end up with another "Bruce loses his parents...ugh! again" scenario. I say keep it modern and new...reference some iconic moments if absolutely necessary (we really don''t need full backstories of every X-Man) but, keep the direction fresh and current. The last thing we need is wasting time and effort rehashing poorly made stories all for the sake of "getting it right" which they never 100% ever do.

I know some nostalgic die-hards will hate it but...I would be very happy if they introduced the Mutants as already established and living and thriving on a completely hidden Krakoa and focus on the rest of the MU's shock, horror, hatred and fear, by some, and take it from there, with the X-Men ultimately proving themselves heroes of humanity.

A simple and straightforward introduction to the MCU story, written well and shot beauty-fully.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-08-2022 at 06:05 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm just going to paste what I posted in the Jean thread...with an addition.

When taken in its entirety...the FoX-Men movies, every single one, were What if...? abominations of the actual stories the represented. Superficial at best, but clearly lacking in any depth and meaning present in the source material.

That said...I hope the MCU doesn't plan on another retelling of that Saga, or any of the XPlots Fox referenced. Else we'll end up with another "Bruce loses his parents...ugh! again" scenario. I say keep it modern and new...reference some iconic moments if absolutely necessary (we really don''t need full backstories of every X-Man) but, keep the direction fresh and current. The last thing we need is wasting time and effort rehashing poorly made stories all for the sake of "getting it right" which they never 100% ever do.

I know some nostalgic die-hards will hate it but...I would be very happy if they introduced the Mutants as already established and living and thriving on a completely hidden Krakoa and focus on the rest of the MU's shock, horror, hatred and fear, by some, and take it from there, with the X-Men ultimately proving themselves heroes of humanity.

A simple and straightforward introduction to the MCU story, written well and shot beauty-fully.
    I'm going to do the same:

What I suggested would be a continuation and resolving plot threads instead of a retelling. Marvel also did a third adaptation of The Night Gwen Stacy Died in Spider-Man: No Way Home. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Honestly I think NWH is the weakest movie this phase. It was pure fanservice which I enjoyed a lot but once I looked past that the plot is just nonsensical. It too much hinges on characters making stupid choices at every turn. I appreciate Eternals and MoM for trying something different though I have my problems with each.
    Yup, No Way Home was garbage aside from the first 15 minutes and last 5 minutes

IMO NWH is almost the perfect crowd pleasing blockbuster. It's easily the best in the entire MCU in that regard and the best depiction of an 'event comic' come to life. Better than Infinity War (great crossover film) and way better than Endgame (a total mess)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The fact they already did the "powerful woman goes mad" story with Wanda makes me even more certain there's zero chance of Phoenix saga in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The fact they already did the "powerful woman goes mad" story with Wanda makes me even more certain there's zero chance of Phoenix saga in the MCU.
    Thank god. That story has been done to death

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bruce Wayne's parents dying would like a word.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    After two attempts it's really better to put it to rest for the movies and instead try to build towards other famous storylines.

Though thinking about it, i often notice that the movies are actualy quite unsuited to do most of the great X-men stories justice anyway, simply because of how the medium constraints build up and character exploration the way the comics did and only a series (life action or animated) could on screen.

Claremont had the advantage of building up towards stories for years and at a slower pace. So his big X-men stories often involved multiple characters with their established personalities, backstories and developments, becoming center stage in events build up over months of years of side stories.

Just think about the factors which would be necessary to do the Mutant Massacre story faithfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Bruce Wayne's parents dying would like a word.
    That's an origin story, not a major storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's an origin story, not a major storyline.
    How about Spidey having his love interest thrown off a building.

I think people's expectations were overblown. Marvel didn't promise half of the supposed cameos people were speculating.
    Methisto was there during the dimensional travel scene though, so we got there in the end.