Page 62 of 291 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

And what a lull it’s been… they need to hurry up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    They're keeping the big guns, the X-Men, in reserve to give the MCU a bump after the phase 4 lul
    Thor4 trailer certainly gave me a bump...

But yes, enough with the rabble, hurry up and bring me MCU Storm before society completely collapses!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jamie Campbell Bower as Mr. Sinister.

Sadie Sink as Hope Summers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And what a lull it’s been… they need to hurry up.
    As I've suspected for at least the last year or so, apparently DisPiXMarFoXWars+ has been experiencing what we'll politely refer to as...

Extremely awkward’: Bob Chapek and Bob Iger had a falling out, they rarely talk — and the rift looms over Disney’s future, CNBC.com

growing pains.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 05-29-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Interesting… makes me wonder if that is indeed part of the problem. The internal power struggles and shifting around P&L and creative responsibilities and whatnot. It certainly feels like the MCU is aimless at this point, and just cranking out as much cheap $#!t content featuring lesser known characters as possible. Most the current output feels, for lack of a better term “Disney-fied,” which isn’t a good thing from my personal perspective. Maybe for those with small kids it is. But in my view they’ve lost the plot a bit. Hope they can find it again, and preferably prior to them introducing the X-men because I really want the MCU version to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting… makes me wonder if that is indeed part of the problem. The internal power struggles and shifting around P&L and creative responsibilities and whatnot. It certainly feels like the MCU is aimless at this point, and just cranking out as much cheap $#!t content featuring lesser known characters as possible. Most the current output feels, for lack of a better term “Disney-fied,” which isn’t a good thing from my personal perspective. Maybe for those with small kids it is. But in my view they’ve lost the plot a bit. Hope they can find it again, and preferably prior to them introducing the X-men because I really want the MCU version to be awesome.
    By "aimless" are you referring to how the projects aren't as interconnected as the Infinity Saga? Technically, the MCU has been this way for a long time now. Look at all the stuff Marvel TV produced that wasn't connected to the Infinity Saga. The way I see it, Marvel Studios is just continuing what Marvel TV did.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-29-2022 at 11:40 AM.

I suppose that’s fair. I guess I just thought the quality and cohesiveness would improve when it all got consolidated under Feige. Apparently not and they’re still cranking out low quality shows. And the films have been weak too IMO, except for Spider-man: NWH.

Oh well. Eventually we’ll get to Phase 5. Hopefully by then they’ve cleaned house a bit on the creative side, and that phase will be stronger. Fingers crossed.

Honestly execution aside and purely in terms of characters this phase is my favorite. Give me Moon Knight, give me Eternals, give me Kate Bishop, give me lesser known characters and properties rather than the ones Disney/Fox/Sony has milked for the last 20+ years. I can wait for the X-men if it means we're getting Shulkie in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Kevin feige before phase 2 did not need to report to ike and more.
    Walt Disney Studios subsidiary

In August 2015, Marvel Studios was placed into Walt Disney Studios, with Feige reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Television and subsidiary Marvel Animation were left under Marvel Entertainment and Perlmutter's control

In September 2018, it was reported that Marvel Studios was developing several limited series for the streaming service Disney+, to be centered on "second tier" characters from the MCU films who had not and were unlikely to star in their own films. Characters being considered for series included Loki and Scarlet Witch, with the actors who portrayed the characters in the films expected to reprise their roles for the limited series. Each series was expected to be six to eight episodes, with a "hefty [budget] rivaling those of a major studio productions". The series would be produced by Marvel Studios rather than Marvel Television, with Feige taking a "hands-on role" in each series' development.
    In October 2019, Feige was given the title of Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, and would oversee the creative direction of Marvel Television and Marvel Family Entertainment, with both being returned to being under the Marvel Studios banner. Two months later, Marvel Television was folded into Marvel Studios, with Marvel Studios overseeing development of all the Marvel Television series in production at the time of its closing. Karim Zreik, Marvel Television's senior vice president current programming and production, would join Marvel Studios alongside his team to oversee production of the Marvel Television series inherited by Marvel Studios.
    Phase 4 films and the disney plus marvel shows of phase 4 have been really good.
    High quality.
    Phase 3 and 4 are best mcu phases so far and phase 4 is not even over it.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Phase 4 Is DIRECTIONLESS?! I Beg To Differ...

With Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness out, many feel like the future of the MCU led by Kevin Feige lacks direction with inner connectivity with Wandavision, Loki, Spider-Man No Way Home, Eternals, Shang-Chi, & the rest of Marvel Phase 4. We discuss Avengers 5 Secret Wars, Kang The Conqueror, Fantastic Four Doctor Doom, Secret Invasion, Captain Marvel, & More.

Check out comments below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNblkcbQokM

Iron man 1 and 2 and hulk did feel like it was leading up to inifinity wars saga.That was later movies in phase 1 and some later movies in phase 2 and phase 3. Plus some of you are not paying attention to what kevin said. Phase 4 will be different then past phases.Anyway it will lead to something but keep in mind phase 4 has more content that other canon phases in marvel.Phase 4 is much is not even over yet.Some of you guys have no patience.The kang storyline will show up in ant-man 3,and the falcon(now captainamerica) show storyline will show show up in the new captain america movie
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2022 at 10:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk about phase 4 and what is going on and what most folks really think about it.
    I will post the scores below for that as well.
    These post were posted in the mcu thread and some other ones recently.

ConflictStar quote-
    I fear that Marvel Studios is starting to get to the dreaded "Star Wars Level" of audience expectation, where they have less and less room for a project to just be OK. Everyone expects everything to be the "best thing ever" and if it fails to meet that bar, suddenly it's "absolutely awful".

J quote-
    Yuppp I've been seeing that with many fans since Endgame ��

Britt Bebop quote-
    Right they are so ungrateful ����*♀️ Marvel single-handedly helped us all get through this pandemic & no other studios care as much as Feige does
    THREAD: SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...23#post6054123

I remember when some folks said phase 1 or phase 2 was the last phase for them or after certain movies in those phases the mcu was over for them but phase 3 was bigger and better on average the phase 1 and 2.
    Of course i see this type of talk more so after endgame from certain type of youtube channels and their comment sections and from a few on certain forums but marvel mcu is still doing really well.
    The longer something goes on and expands like comics, cinematic universes etc there will always be this type of talk.
    Heck i remember when avengers age of ultron and the first guardians of the galaxy came out i had a friend who did not like any of those 2 movies and he said to me they were bad and that was back in phase 2.
    He was saying to me something is wromg with folks if anybody liked those two movies and the gogt is for kids under 13 or i think he said 12 etc..
    Of course i disagree with him.
    Those movies are for kids and adults and they are really good movies.
    Anyway he was only excited about the marvel tv shows that were out at the time after that and did not care about ant-man that was coming out and was not looking forward to future mcu movies anymore and that was before phase 3.
    So i heard/read all about these types of disillusionments from a few before.
    Nothing new to me.
    I told my friend i was more excited then ever for phase 3 and beyond by the way.
    Note- we don't talk anymore,but there other reasons for that too i will not go into here.

My quick thoughts for doctor strange 2 and phase 4 so far.
    Really good film/story,really good action and well done cgi for doctor strange 2.
    For me Phase 4 movies and shows have been really good and all have had well done cgi.
    I don't think the cgi has gotten worse by the way.
    By the way when i mean phase 4 that includes canon tv shows as well.
    So far phase 4 has been better on average then the past phases of marvel like phase 1 and 2 for example and it's not over yet.

I am going give more details of my view below and post some updated info.
    No one is telling me that ironman 2,hulk,ironman 3,thor 1 for example are better movies then doctor strange 2,shang -chi,eternals and spiderman no way,moon knight,loki,wandavision etc.. for example.
    For me all phase 4 has been a hit and i am more excited for the phase 4 and beyond then past phases on average.
    The stories,action,cgi and character development are well done/really good.
    The average person who watch the phase 4 films and shows all phase 4 show and movies have been hits.For them the mcu has not gone downhill as well.
    Anybody saying that in comment sections,forums and anti-sjw channels are living in a bubble.
    That's a fact.
    Even eternals is mostly a hit(hit for the audience and half for the critics going by the rt score and average rating).
    Phase 4 for example is rating higher on average by critic and audiences then phase 1 and 2 and it's not even over yet.
    There is more variety in the mcu canon more then ever.
    Marvel keep doing what you doing.
    MCU phase 4 canon comicbook movies and shows ratings update.
    Critics and Audience Consensus

Movies
    BLACK WIDOW 79% Average Rating: 6.9/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91% Average Rating: 4.5/5

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS 91% Average Rating: 7.5/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 98% Average Rating: 4.8/5

ETERNALS 47% Average Rating 5.60 /10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 78% Average Rating: 4.0/5

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME 93% Average Rating: 7.9/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 98% Average Rating: 4.8/5

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS 75% Average Rating: 4.3/5
    AUDIENCE SCORE 87% Average Rating: 4.3/5

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 86% AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 84%

LOKI 92% AUDIENCE SCORE 91%

WHAT IF...? 94% AUDIENCE SCORE 94%

HAWKEYE 92% AUDIENCE SCORE 91%

MOON KNIGHT 87% AUDIENCE SCORE 92%

Now looking at the ratings from the critics and audiences for the mcu films,the average person or most would say there are no bad or mediocre mcu movies. All mcu films are fresh from either the audience,critics or both. That's a fact. Even if eternals has a rotten from critics the average score is good (5.3/10) and it's not a rotten from audience and has higher rt score and average score from them.
    THREAD: MS. MARVEL ON D+

Chris C quote-
    Feige literally told everyone that phase 4 and onward they would be changing things up, making some things less connected and more niche for different tastes. I don't understand why people keep getting mad if they don't like something new they release. The MCU is changing and it's not all one standard style and vibe anymore. I personally enjoy it all, but if someone doesn't that's okay, not everything is going to be for everyone anymore.

Shoaib Hussain quote-
    Yeah you're totally right man... people are just giving it hate for no reason... they're making projects for everyone now not just for one type of audience...now it's for all collective audience...so people need to understand that

Bob The dope man quote-
    The bandwagoners ALWAYS show up to hate popular things. They want to participate because its popular and being talked about. But they want to seem unique or "ahead of the curb" by hating on it.

Thecell quote-
    The mcu always had varied tones and vibes(including the non canon mcu shows not made from marvel studios),but now for the canon mcu there is more varied tones and vibes happening in phase 4.

Thecell quote-
    The mcu did not just have one type of project for one type of audience before phase 4(more so if you include the marvel mcu shows before disney plus)but now with phase 4 and the future there is and will be more varied content.Anyway before phase 4 there different types of projects and varied audiences but now is is more varied.It's clear there with folks with agendas that do not want that but they were a increasing loud minority but eventually they will be drowned out because marvel is not like star wars for example.That will be a painful lessen they will learn and are learning now,and the sooner the better.

________
    Bet Tech quote-
    What I like about the mcu is that there are different genres within it. The best shows/movies are ones that make me experience something I haven't before and marvel does that every time. They're always pushing the superhero envelope by pulling inspiration from other styles of film
    Oleksandr Byelyenko quote-
    I feel like people are misunderstanding phase 4. It is mirroring phase 1. It can have hit and misses. It will not show some greater plots or characters. I think really big stuff will be happening in next phase if not in phase 6.

@Rilist quote-
    Ye but the products of phase 4 70% is not good. Ye it’s mirroring phase 1 with some hits and some misses… but that’s not suppose to be a good thing.

Thecell quote-
    Even back then there were folks who did not like the mcu hulk movie or iron man 2 or thor. Grace from beyond the trailer did her mcu phase list and to her about half of the of the phase 1 movies were bad movies.Of course i disagree with her but phase 3 and 4 are the best phases of the mcu so far. Even the audiences and critics would agree looking at the scores on average.The only ones that were not box office hits is the hulk film in phase 1,black widow and maybe eternals for phase 4. For black widow however the disney plus money was added so overall it was not miss. Now if you talking about critics and the audiences all phase 1,2 and 3 are hits. Phase 4 is mostly hits.Eternals is not a hit on the rt score from critics but still hit with the average rating.The rating is still good. For shows that are not canon ironfist is not a hit for the critics and inhumans is not a hit for critics and audiences on average.
    Captain marvel was a hit with the audience on rt originally but it got reviewed bombed like black panther but black pnather still remain positive while captain marvel did not but captain marvel did have a A cinemascore.

Thecell quote-
    @Rilist Your view is the minority view looking at rt and cinemascores for phase 4.
    Let's keep in mind there were few folks who said phase 3,2 and 1 had mostly bad movies or so-so ones.It's just with phase 4 that view is louder on the internet because of a few think what happen to star wars and dc overtime or folks who are more into the older heroes then the newer ones and of course the mcu having more women heroes or hardcore impatient x-men fans who are speaking up louder wanting too see the x-men in the mcu etc.. or combination of all that.

Note-captain marvel was a hit with the audience on rt originally but it got reviewed bombed like black panther but black pnather still remain positive while captain marvel did not but captain marvel did have a A cinemascore.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2022 at 10:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMutant...18470138044416

According to @_CharlesMurphy, Marvel Studios’ The Mutants will probably be released in 2025.
    It's still a loooong way away but a 2025 release date was not unexpected since Phase 4 concludes in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMutant...18470138044416

It's still a loooong way away but a 2025 release date was not unexpected since Phase 4 concludes in 2024.
    That is apparently around the time the Secret Wars movie will be released.

Honestly, just an announcement of the title and date would be enough for hype to start building. Possibly they're waiting for X-Men `97 to give that a push.

2025.......uff, that is still such a long time to keep waiting....