Page 66 of 287 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Margot is not going to be Emma. X-Men are still 3-5 yrs out, and I doubt Emma would be on the leading edge. It's unfortunate its going to take so long, the MCU just debuted the perfect Emma actress, as freaking CLEA?! What a waste. I'm sorry, but I don't like Benedict's Strange, and Clea is a waste of Charlize, who would have been the absolute perfect Emma! Margot as Sue would be an inspired choice, certainly injecting a somewhat bland archetype with a more pop culturally relevant actress. Inspired and modern, but maybe too good to be true? Celebrity gossip and fandoms are treacherous waters. We'll just have to see what actually is true and what is just clickbait.

I do wonder what age they will go with for the main cast though. A lot of the Avengers are being replaced with children/teens/young adults. I always thought the MCU should do a proper long-form storytelling of the X-Men by starting with teens/college aged young adults and show us them develop individually and as a team over the course of 10-20 years, finally maturing to the statesmen and galactic leaders we see them now as in the current comics. I think it would be a great mistake to start them off as 30/40 year olds in Krakoa, for example, given how deep and rich their canon is, and how voracious Disney's appetite for content is(you could make 5000 D+ shows just with X-stories/characters). Feige has so much beloved canon to adapt, I hope he takes his time and doesn't try to cram too much in too fast. The fact that they've had the rights back for so long and have barely touched them yet makes me feel like they are going to take their time and exploit the hell out of the rich IP. But again, only time will tell.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Rogue was actually the first name that came to me when I saw the news. TAS/comics Rogue more than movie/Evolution Rogue, I think Margot would be gold.
    Margot is already in her 30's. Rogue was literally a teenager when she joined, like maybe 17. I know Hollywood casts 30 somethings as teens all the time, but given how long of a role Rogue could be, and how expensive someone like Margot would be for a long-term contract, I don't think she's the right angle. Honestly, I hope Feige and co just go for more obscure, new faces for these characters. Nobody knew who Hugh was and then he just was Wolverine. I hope they do wide open casting for most of the team members, and save the known Hollywood talent for featured villains or supporting roles. Like, go to the woods of Canada and ask around at the bars for the burliest hairiest 30 year old dude in the area. Go to Kenya and look for the tallest, most beautiful 20 year old young woman who can speak English well. Go to Mississippi and find the sassiest mud rat with a heart of gold 18 year old. Go to New Orleans and find the most irresistible street rat 20 year old. Etc, etc. I don't want Zack Effron and Margot Robbie trying to pretend to be Gambit and Rogue. I want new actors who will be those characters.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Some reports indicate that Namor may not get his flight ability from being a mutant in Wakanda Forever, though he does still have the wings.

He's also conspicuously not blue like the other Atlanteans they've shown in the movie so maybe that's how he's a mutant?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Margot is already in her 30's. Rogue was literally a teenager when she joined, like maybe 17. I know Hollywood casts 30 somethings as teens all the time, but given how long of a role Rogue could be, and how expensive someone like Margot would be for a long-term contract, I don't think she's the right angle. Honestly, I hope Feige and co just go for more obscure, new faces for these characters. Nobody knew who Hugh was and then he just was Wolverine. I hope they do wide open casting for most of the team members, and save the known Hollywood talent for featured villains or supporting roles. Like, go to the woods of Canada and ask around at the bars for the burliest hairiest 30 year old dude in the area. Go to Kenya and look for the tallest, most beautiful 20 year old young woman who can speak English well. Go to Mississippi and find the sassiest mud rat with a heart of gold 18 year old. Go to New Orleans and find the most irresistible street rat 20 year old. Etc, etc. I don't want Zack Effron and Margot Robbie trying to pretend to be Gambit and Rogue. I want new actors who will be those characters.
    Finding random people like that means they won’t have experienced snd skilled actors and the movie would flop.

Realistically they are going to cast known actors. MCU was so successful because of Robert Downey Junior, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlet Johansson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Some reports indicate that Namor may not get his flight ability from being a mutant in Wakanda Forever, though he does still have the wings.

He's also conspicuously not blue like the other Atlanteans they've shown in the movie so maybe that's how he's a mutant?
    What are the sources of these reports?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

he is half human, right?

The boards have been really quiet about the first reveal of a Marvel mutant in the MCU. This is how important Namor is for X-Men fans. ;-)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    he is half human, right?

The boards have been really quiet about the first reveal of a Marvel mutant in the MCU. This is how important Namor is for X-Men fans. ;-)
    We don't really know for sure Namor is a mutant in the movies. They had the chance to drop the M-word in Multiverse of Madness after introducing Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four and Black Bolt, King of the Inhumans and the Terrigen Mists LOL. Makes me think they will keep everything mutant and X-Men-related for an X-Men-proper movie. That's not to say Namor couldn't be established as a mutant later once mutants themselves are established in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    What are the sources of these reports?
    It was reported that his flight came from some sort of Aztec jaguar god and then these official promo art surfaced of him with a gigantic Jaguar head so they seem legit

Astonishing Member

Why would jaguars fly?It should be a bird god or feathered serpent god, lol.

He's the god of the night sky and winds so it makes sense in context.

that is a snake head to me...or a Jaguar? I don't know. Wouldn't a water animal make more sense?

The resolution makes it hard to see but I'm pretty sure you can see whiskers at the very front

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

spoilers:
    Ms. Marvel is officially the first mutant in the MCU. Will she be the first member of the X-Men?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    Ms. Marvel is officially the first mutant in the MCU. Will she be the first member of the X-Men?
    end of spoilers
    Wow... lmao, I think this is gonna upset a fair amount of people, not sure why they went with this but ok. Curious to see if this will have any repercussions in the comics, considering this is a lot of people's first exposure to the character.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Wow... lmao, I think this is gonna upset a fair amount of people, not sure why they went with this but ok. Curious to see if this will have any repercussions in the comics, considering this is a lot of people's first exposure to the character.
    They're definitely going to retcon her to being a mutant in the comics because they'll have to sell her merchandise as X-Men adjacent with X-Men logos. I wonder if they'll do it during her next run.