Page 70 of 278 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4160
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Time to put my tin foil hat on.

spoilers:
    Clearly, it's to give reason for Mystique to show up in CM3 to recruit Kamala who isn't keen to join a mutant terrorist organization and Carol thwarts their efforts, enter the Rogue absorption drama.

*copium*
    end of spoilers

I'm loving this theory. Also

spoilers:
    Could Agent Deever be Mystique I wonder? That would explain her drive to apprehend Kamala. It would also be perfectly aligned with comics Raven impersonating a government agent, and making her first appearance on Ms. Marvel
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    And WON'T. They've had five years to make a break out solo character, but they know it's useless because people only care about legacy characters. There's tons of d-list mutants that haven't seen the light of day in ages and even popular characters don't get enough page time.

If they did a new solo character instead of use one that hasn't gotten any attention, fans would be livid.
    You're misunderstanding, get off the "solo" 1-track mindset. My point IS, that *historically*...
    MUTANTS didn't *always* have to be... on X-teams!

And I'm of the opinion they didn't, and WON'T... be eXclusive 2 them, as things... EVOLVE!

BANNED

The article from the official Marvel website confirms she's a mutant.
    I have never contested that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Don't really care about the reveal, but I hope it means Wanda can be a mutant again.
    If they were planning on making Wanda a mutant again they would have done it in Trial of Magneto.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:

So if Rogue absorbs Carol's powers in the MCU like in the comics does this mean that she get the energy manipulation abilities too? Was there an explanation why she didn't get that from Carol in the comics?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I have not watched the episode but are they implying that the Clandestines have the X-gene?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    spoilers:

So if Rogue absorbs Carol's powers in the MCU like in the comics does this mean that she get the energy manipulation abilities too? Was there an explanation why she didn't get that from Carol in the comics?
    end of spoilers
    No spoilers needed because this all happened like 40 years ago in the comics LOL. Rogue didn't get any energy absorption powers from Carol Danvers because Carol didn't have those back then, just flight, super-strength and resistance and a "seventh sense".

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    I have not watched the episode but are they implying that the Clandestines have the X-gene?
    end of spoilers
    They aren't going to bring those characters up again. I would say no. It's just the main character and perhaps the other enhanced person.

They aren't going to bring those characters up again. I would say no. It's just the main character and perhaps the other enhanced person.
    spoilers:
    Are you referring to Kamran?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    Are you referring to Kamran?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah. Because they both get their powers from the Noor dimension, and I guess they both also have the genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    30 minutes after watching *that scene* and I'm still freaking out with excitement.

spoilers:
    I didn't immediately realize this, and obviously I'm basing this on a 5-second scene, but this seems to confirm that mutation is genetic and is existing in the MCU, so all classically X-Men and not coming via incursions, not man-made, etc... again, at least as far as we know, which isn't a lot LOL
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No, it's not genetic. Bruno specifically mentioned Kamala's DNA was different from the rest of her family's.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    spoilers:
    ah yes, for her entire supporting cast and family to fall off the face of the eart, be fridged or turn into homicidal bigots
    end of spoilers
    I mean, Franklin's family is still kicking

spoilers:
    If Kamala is retconned as mutant in the comics, she will be like Franklin, Squirrel Girl and Firestar, less Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman.

ETA: Franklin as in pre-2021 Franklin.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-13-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    No, it's not genetic. Bruno specifically mentioned Kamala's DNA was different from the rest of her family's.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What are you trying to say here? That it can't be a genetic mutation because Kamala's DNA was different from the rest of her family's? That's....how mutations work? And why tons of mutants in the comics are the first mutants in their otherwise human families?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

And WON'T. They've had five years to make a break out solo character, but they know it's useless because people only care about legacy characters. There's tons of d-list mutants that haven't seen the light of day in ages and even popular characters don't get enough page time.

If they did a new solo character instead of use one that hasn't gotten any attention, fans would be livid.

Now to be fair... Leah Williams and Vita have FOUGHT for ongoing, minis, one shots and even guest spots for a lot of mutants. Only to get constantly shot down by editorial.

A solo and being on a team are not exclusive to each other.

And to be honest having a solo and being on a team does not always mean success.

Especially if one is crapping on the lead and/or is a low seller.

See Cyborg. Low selling solo that got derailed by the editor and background fodder in Justice League.

See Black Panther the past 7 years.

See Black Panther spinoffs-that have all been among the top worst sellers for Marvel.

Now for X-Men-there is no excuse for not having a breakout solo person especially one of color.

Everything does not have to be the Scott, Emma and Jean show.

A series of one shots never hurt anyone. Even Batman did them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    spoilers:
    What are you trying to say here? That it can't be a genetic mutation because Kamala's DNA was different from the rest of her family's? That's....how mutations work? And why tons of mutants in the comics are the first mutants in their otherwise human families?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Okay, genetic as in just genes? I thought the previous poster meant genetic as in hereditary. I misread that because a lot of folks assumed Kamala's mutation being genetic means it's hereditary, so the Clandestines were mutants, which was not the case the show presented.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-13-2022 at 11:02 AM.