Page 85 of 287 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4295
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Interesting. I thought Feige said recently they wouldn't be branding any further films as "Avengers."
    The Avengers are basically what the X-Men were in the 90's. I mean, they made billions of dollars with their movies. The brand is Disney gold and I doubt they would just let it disappear because they're going to have the Thunderbolts, Blade and the X-Men. They're creating an empire and aren't going to throw away their money makers.

Wakanda was a cultural movement and Infinity War was the biggest epic in movie history.

Also, I'm 100% were going to get all the X-Men movies and shows announced at D23.

All the gaps will be X-Men, Deadpool, Shang-Chi 2, and maybe Eternals 2. I don't know who else they could do otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I doubt that considering it's their single strongest brand
    https://insidethemagic.net/2022/02/k...engers-5-rwb1/

More significantly, a quote by Feige from the below:

https://bgr.com/entertainment/kevin-...vengers-movie/

Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now past their tenth anniversary and with the release of the final Avengers movie, we’ve finally completed a 22-movie Infinity Saga.
    (Emphasis mine)

Now maybe what he said was simply poorly phrased, but that certainly was the impression his comments were giving.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-24-2022 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I assume there will be a mutants film in Phase 6 but the X-Men will really take off after Secret Wars. My current prediction is that the next 'saga' will be some kind of mutant driven one
    Hoping to see Hugh Jackman in Secret Wars as OML, who had a big role in that event in the comics. And, of course, if he rocks the yellow spandex top with some jeans like so…

158DB21A-DEAA-4FEF-8F49-73BA95AD2E62.jpg

… well then I could die happy.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/02/k...engers-5-rwb1/

More significantly, a quote by Feige from the below:

https://bgr.com/entertainment/kevin-...vengers-movie/

(Emphasis mine)

Now maybe what he said was simply poorly phrased, but that certainly was the impression his comments were giving.
    "Avengers" was like a blanket term for the important team that wasn't the Fantastic Four or X-Men. They might just rename the movie to "Secret Wars", but the Avengers is an idea as opposed to a just a team. They also have the most diverse team with every species being a part of it.

However, I can see them wanting to cement the phase 1 team as the Avengers, and have a different name for new iterations of enhanced people ensembles. X-Men will just be "the mutant Avengers" and the Thunderbolts, "the bad guys Avengers."

He also said this, "Feige went on to say that he believes the ethereal Eternals franchise will “redefine the MCU entirely,” changing the Marvel universe as fans know it on the silver screen."

Just realized they didn’t show Deadpool 3 in Phase 4, 5 or 6. Obviously it’s coming and I’m sure will get slotted in somewhere.

Really, really, really hoping they bring back Zazie Beetz and Josh Brolin as Domino and Cable. The rumors surrounding Doctor Strange 2 indicated that they might show up in an after credits scene along with Morena Baccarin, so hopefully “where there’s smoke there’s fire” and that indicates that Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios would like to bring those three back at least and port them over to the MCU along with Ryan.

That would be awesome, and then they could even spin off a mature X-Force series featuring Cable, Domino and some other characters. Could be the MCU’s answer to The Boys honestly.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-24-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just realized they didn’t show Deadpool 3 in Phase 4, 5 or 6. Obviously it’s coming and I’m sure will get slotted in somewhere.

Really, really, really hoping they bring back Zazie Beetz and Josh Brolin as Domino and Cable. The rumors surrounding Doctor Strange 2 indicated that they might show up in an after credits scene along with Morena Baccarin, so hopefully “where there’s smoke there’s fire” and that indicates that Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios would like to bring those three back at least and port them over to the MCU along with Ryan.

That would be awesome, and then they could even spin off a mature X-Force series featuring Cable, Domino and some other characters. Could be the MCU’s answer to The Boys honestly.
    I think the appearance of Cable is REALLY gonna depend on what Feige wants to do with Jean and Scott. Unlike Fox, Feige doesn’t seem like the type to blatantly ignore important parentage and I’d be interested to see if he’d be willing to give Jott a baby and send it into the future early on in the MCU X-Men’s career.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think the appearance of Cable is REALLY gonna depend on what Feige wants to do with Jean and Scott. Unlike Fox, Feige doesn’t seem like the type to blatantly ignore important parentage and I’d be interested to see if he’d be willing to give Jott a baby and send it into the future early on in the MCU X-Men’s career.
    One way to do it would be to have Cable himself appear FIRST and dropping hints, but otherwise leaving his background and origins mysterious until after the baby is sent to the future.

One way to do it would be to have Cable himself appear FIRST and dropping hints, but otherwise leaving his background and origins mysterious until after the baby is sent to the future.
    Agreed. A glimpse of a S.H.I.E.L.D. file which shows his real name as Nathan Summers, for example. Some hints like that. But otherwise let’s leave it mysterious.

They already ruined Wolverine in the FOX-verse by telling his origin. Personally, the character was better for it when it was unknown IMO. This way there’s a mystery surrounding Cable at least, and comic fans can fill in their uninitiated friends who don’t know… I can hear it now, in the row behind me… “Oooh, you know why they zoomed in on that file and his last name, don’t you? Summers is also Cyclops’ last name. It’s because Cable is his son, but he’s a time traveler. Like Kang.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hoping to see Hugh Jackman in Secret Wars as OML, who had a big role in that event in the comics. And, of course, if he rocks the yellow spandex top with some jeans like so…

158DB21A-DEAA-4FEF-8F49-73BA95AD2E62.jpg

… well then I could die happy.
    That would be really a cool for Jackman to appear as OML in MCU. I wouldn't even mind if it's just a cameo. I think there was already a rumor for this during Endgame hype that he will appear in Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That would be really a cool for Jackman to appear as OML in MCU. I wouldn't even mind if it's just a cameo. I think there was already a rumor for this during Endgame hype that he will appear in Secret Wars
    There was. Lots of rumors about him showing up in Doctor Strange 2: MoM and also Secret Wars. He was doing his Broadway thing while they were filming MoM and I bet they decided to just try and get him for Secret Wars instead, since OML had a big role in that series (the 2015 one; not the original from the 1980s).

They will probably give him X-Man's origin, where Sinister directly created him. Cable in the trailers said he was breed for war. I imagine he was part of a program similar to Project X-23 in Logan where he was raised as a soldier.

Now that I think about it, Sinister was involved in the 2015 Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They will probably give him X-Man's origin, where Sinister directly created him. Cable in the trailers said he was breed for war. I imagine he was part of a program similar to Project X-23 in Logan where he was raised as a soldier.

Now that I think about it, Sinister was involved in the 2015 Secret Wars.
    He was. And there have been lots of rumors surrounding the upcoming Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars that have caught my eye. Haven’t seen anything so far about Sinister, but it was rumored that FOX was building him up to be the next big bad (as there are references to “Essex Corp” in the after credits scene of X-men: Apocalypse and in Logan, and to “Essex House” as a home for wayward mutants in Deadpool 2) so it might make sense for Disney to want to bring him in.

There were rumors from some sites saying that Brolin would be back as Cable and would have ties to Kang actually, which would make sense (they fought in the comics once, with Cable beating the Immortus variant of Kang); and also rumors about Jackman coming back for Secret Wars, which would have to be as OML…

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...wolverine.html

… but I don’t know how much stock to put in all these rumors. Especially after Doctor Strange 2 and all the b.s. rumors that swirled around online.

If feels wrong that I'll be 40 something by the time X-Men makes their MCU debut... especially wrong since I'm still mentally not quite there yet

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If feels wrong that I'll be 40 something by the time X-Men makes their MCU debut... especially wrong since I'm still mentally not quite there yet
    Don't worry: you could always die before that happens. Then there's nothing to be concerned about.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

To be perfectly honest the most likely way they do Cable is the simplest: the Josh Brolin one from the movies follows Deadpool into the MCU.