Page 91 of 289 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4321

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's no way they could get Denzel for something like this. In the unlikely event they did, then Marvel would make the movie all about him...again.
    I think he's reached a stage in his life and career where he could be interested in being part of something this groundbreaking without it being all about him.

Anyhoo if they go the Dawn of X route, then the Krakoan era is all about Erik in a way. It is HIS dream finally winning out over Xavier's.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wild theory but I wonder if they changed the (pretty good) title of House of Harkness because they are saving it for House of X in Phase 7?

It could also neatly tie into an Incursion based plotline with Moira strategizing that the only way mutants survive in her Life X is to escape her universe for the MCU during Secret Wars.
    I think they changed the title to tease at Wanda's return.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-30-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    This is why Magneto was right... but so was Senator Kelly...

in the comics I am 100% pro mutant. If I was a normal 'flat scan' in the MCU or the Marvel Comics I would be 100% pro registration.

I hear arguments about what guns "should" be legal to own... when someone is born with a bazooka that needs to be regulated a bit, at least signed up to make sure they are okay. BUT remember some of these people are born with NUKEs... (yeah like 1 in a million but still that is out of 7.7 billion people... and there is a GOD tear above that called OMEGA LEVEL mutants that has a dozen or so remember that can just snuff out the sun or change the globe or if they work together terraform a planet...

edit: lol I put this in my signature last time this discussion came up
    The mutant registration act would also be unlikely to ever go away as in universe topic.

If it doesn't pass the first time, it would return as topic everytime mutant heros or villains would do something that is picked up by the media, or just when yet another catastrophy is accidently caused by a mutant's powers activating at the worst time.

And if it does pass the first time, it would likely be subject to constant discussions about what ever it's too harsh, too mild, too unhelpfull, too restrictive, too inflexible, etc.

Even very positive actions by mutants via their powers could potential cause for the demand of a registration act to flame up again, but this time with the idea of allowing them to use their powers for a good cause legaly, like what happend in the universe of My Hero Academia.

Spectacular Member

Perhaps I should have added minority= ONLY black men to make my point more clear.

I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's experience of course, just that because of obvious historical context as well as problems existing today (all you need is look at cases similar to George Floyd), Americans quite often just equals minority struggles with oppression and fight for civil rights with black men struggles, but when you look at it worldwide- which Marvel must, as the US is only a minority of the audience- it's a lot more muddled than that.

Even in the US alone, minority struggles also equal women, hispanics, native-americans, immigrants, etc. So just trying to reduce to a simple matter of turning most major characters black otherwise the movie will fail as a minority allegory (which to be clear, is not what I'm saying you specifically are doing), misses the point that not only this wouldn't be necessary to make it work in the US, but also doesn't take into account the necessity of reaching and reflecting a global audience, who'll also see it reflecting their struggles.
    Yep, I wasn't trying to do that. You just kept coming back to it.

I just personally wanted a Black male as the lead character, or as a lead character.

The rest of the cast can be any other minority of any stripe. Makes me no difference. And that's what I meant by saying that I would like to see the minority characters be the most important characters this time and not the side characters. And of course I'm talking about this from a U.S. perspective; as in those who are minorities in the U.S. -- Asian, Hispanic and so on...

Either way, again, I was primarily talking about who I wanted as the star, and you just kept pushing back on that which was just weird to me. But no worries.

And that adds to another problem- as many pointed out in the past, even writers (Gillen was someone that did), if you try too hard to tie X-men to a specific minority or problem, the metaphor falls apart. MLK couldn't read people's minds, Malcolm X didn't had Magneto-like superpowers, etc. In fact, it can be troublesome- after all, humanity has actually very good reasons to fear someone like Magneto or Apocalypse. If you just make them into fictional allegories for specific people or specific minorities, you can send very much the opposite message of what you intended.
    Yeah, just get a good writer.

If comic book guys don't do the metaphor well, find someone else. Which any movie will do anyway, because they're not going to go with a comic book writer, so it's a non-issue.

And it all comes down to what Disney/Marvel wants to do. They may do something different than use the MLK and Malcolm X metaphor. And the metaphor is really kind of flimsy anyway: Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam was not evil or a menace to society. It was just a metaphor that's been used, but it is in error.

Anyway, at the end of the day I'm just trying to find a foothold in the MCU. The only thing they've done of interest to me is the Black Panther. Now that they're doing the X-Men too, and are calling it "The Mutants," then "Oh, here's an opportunity for me to find something."

If it was called The X-Men, then I pretty much know what they're going to do: something similar to Fox, just with different actors playing the same roles. And therefore something that I have little to no interest in...

The Mutants though... yeah, they might be doing something different. Probably not, but they might.

(And if the MCU did something with Miracleman I would want to check that out too.)

I mean, Denzel has already played Malcolm X before and now he is Magneto aged.
    Yeah, I wouldn't think that Denzel Washington would want to do a comic book movie, regardless of what the role was...

I think he's one of those kind of actors that don't do that sort of thing. And I personally wouldn't want to see him in a comic book movie.

Now his son, John David Washington: I could maybe see him playing a version of Erik. And he has been publicly open to playing these kind of roles.

I think he's reached a stage in his life and career where he could be interested in being part of something this groundbreaking without it being all about him.

Anyhoo if they go the Dawn of X route, then the Krakoan era is all about Erik in a way. It is HIS dream finally winning out over Xavier's.
    Not really Charles was the one who convinced Eric to come aboard. Krakoa is still mutants/humans coexisting not mutant subjugating humans…

The basketball team leader reminds me of William Stryker…

What if Westchester is actually Westview in the MCU and all mutant activity is happening there because of the “incident”. Professor is there intercepting them as they manifest. Keeping this story small and confined to a specific area so it’s not on Avengers radar or global news.

The title for the next Avenger movie after Secret Wars will apparently be the "Eternity War", which is a title from Ultimates. It could possibly mean that the multiverse will be merge into one universe with multiple versions of Earth. Here is a video on it.

Makes me wonder if that is going to be that is going to be the MCU version of Battleworld. If they go down this route we might see an MCU version of Arakko.

That sounds pretty sick. If Hugh Jackman comes back for Secret Wars, which would make sense, he’s obviously going to be Old Man Logan because he played a big role in SW. Having said that, I feel like fans will disappointed if they don’t get Hugh in the suit in the MCU since we never got that in the FOX-verse. I think I have the perfect compromise…

C2A16C62-9B0A-4DED-B067-F56F3F397C1E.jpg

… throw him in some jeans with the yellow shirt, and sleeves/shoulder pads ripped off as well as the mask. Boom. Always thought that look from Morrison’s ‘Here Comes Tomorrow’ was badass. Just gray up his hair and it’s OML in the MCU.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

What is even more interesting is that is that next saga after the Multiverse Saga is apparently going to be the Eternity Saga. Possibly suggesting that the amalgam universe is going to be a long term status quo.

That means non-616 character can easily travel to the 616 earth via spaceship.

That sounds crazy but I don’t hate it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm not even gonna really focus on the next saga since we still got like 3 years and 10+ projects till then lol. I don't think anyone in 2015 expected Thanos to kill 50% of all life and for said life to be brought back after a five year timejump. Anything can happen after Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm not even gonna really focus on the next saga since we still got like 3 years and 10+ projects till then lol. I don't think anyone in 2015 expected Thanos to kill 50% of all life and for said life to be brought back after a five year timejump. Anything can happen after Secret Wars
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. The MCU version of the snap had long term consequences unlike in the comics. So the same is likely to happen with the MCU version of Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I mean, Denzel has already played Malcolm X before and now he is Magneto aged.
    It's insulting to Malcolm X's legacy to compare him to Magneto. And I don't think Denzel would stoop so low as to not only play a character who's been erroneously equated to Malcolm X, but I don't know if he has any love for these Disney movies that do no favors to the art he's a part of.

Unless he's doing it for his children or great-grandchildren like all the other high profile actors say as an excuse for them doing it for the money.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah. And I might be wrong, but I don't see the point of introducing the concept of mutants so soon in the MCU if the X-men are really going to appear only 5 years from now after Secret Wars and as transplants from another universe.