Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1382
  1. #1066
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Meh, not good enough for me.
    That show is pretty great. I don't watch it regularly but I absolutely can respect the quality of it.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  2. #1067
    Amazing Member Garrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Ey guys, I see the Golden Age omnibuses are about to be out of stock on Amazon. Does someone now if DC is going to put more items? They don't clarify it on the page...

  3. #1068
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That show is pretty great. I don't watch it regularly but I absolutely can respect the quality of it.
    It is enjoyable but its a cop out for solo series.

  4. #1069
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It is enjoyable but its a cop out for solo series.
    Agreed entirely. I want it in addendum to a solo project. I adore Batman the Brave and the Bold, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't long for a solo show as well if I didn't have BTAS to fall back on.

    WWTAS is sorely needed, but I worry we're more likely to see her show up in a later season of MaWS (not as competition for Clark's affections, but as a friend I'd hope) then her own thing.

    I really want to be wrong and see her get her own show. If She-Ra could find an audience for five seasons, Wonder Woman would have no trouble at all.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  5. #1070
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,646

    Default

    It's sad. Diana has everything needed to become a trailer blazer. Instead we are seeing Korra, She-Ra, Steven Universe and Captain Marvel starting race past her.

  6. #1071
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's sad. Diana has everything needed to become a trailer blazer. Instead we are seeing Korra, She-Ra, Steven Universe and Captain Marvel starting race past her.
    I've never seen any of these other I.P.s be called iconic, none have 80 years worth of history, none have partnered with the U.N., and none have made the top 10 for merchandising sales on their name alone like Wonder Woman did in 2017, and none have had the number one costume like Wonder Woman, and none had magazine articles dedicated to their social impact by Smithsonian Magazine like Wonder Woman.

    I agree that I want a Wonder Woman cartoon, but those other I.P.s have a long way to go before we can realistically say they've surpassed her.

  7. #1072
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's sad. Diana has everything needed to become a trailer blazer. Instead we are seeing Korra, She-Ra, Steven Universe and Captain Marvel starting race past her.
    Part of being the OG is being replaced by the newer, hipper models. You never go away completely because you have that vintage OG allure, but the new hotness always steals your thunder. Sucks, but people are fickle.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  8. #1073
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's sad. Diana has everything needed to become a trailer blazer. Instead we are seeing Korra, She-Ra, Steven Universe and Captain Marvel starting race past her.
    ...she is a trail blazer for female superhero movies.

    As for female action cartoons, agh the early 2000's had so many good ones! Original IP's that weren't spin-offs of male lead franchises, that stood on their own completely!

    I'm talking Kim Possible, Totally Spies, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls! That was the golden age for female lead action cartoons.

    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  9. #1074
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...she is a trail blazer for female superhero movies.

    As for female action cartoons, agh the early 2000's had so many good ones! Original IP's that weren't spin-offs of male lead franchises, that stood on their own completely!

    I'm talking Kim Possible, Totally Spies, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls! That was the golden age for female lead action cartoons.

    Haha, I loved all 4 of those shows and now I feel old!

  10. #1075
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I've never seen any of these other I.P.s be called iconic, none have 80 years worth of history, none have partnered with the U.N., and none have made the top 10 for merchandising sales on their name alone like Wonder Woman did in 2017, and none have had the number one costume like Wonder Woman, and none had magazine articles dedicated to their social impact by Smithsonian Magazine like Wonder Woman.

    I agree that I want a Wonder Woman cartoon, but those other I.P.s have a long way to go before we can realistically say they've surpassed her.
    I love Diana but DC is just coasting off of her name and arent doing anything to elevate her more. She is famous because of her overall message but ask anyone to name a WW story and they probably wouldnt be able to tell you.

  11. #1076
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love Diana but DC is just coasting off of her name and arent doing anything to elevate her more. She is famous because of her overall message but ask anyone to name a WW story and they probably wouldnt be able to tell you.
    Are we strictly talking about comic book stories? If so, how many people can tell you a Captain Marvel story? Realistically, how many people can tell you a Superman story? Hell, I'll even put in the most successful comic characters like Spider-Man and Batman. Most people don't read comics, and if we look at the statistics for who are buying comics, it paints a pretty small, aging, white, and male audience. Of course, as comic fans, we already know this.

    If we're expanding to outside media, my mother was a huge Wonder Woman 77 fan, and she talked to me at length about her favorite Wonder Woman episodes as a kid when the Wonder Woman film was releasing. Speaking of, there are two films people can speak about at length regardless of how they feel about said films. Also, DC "aren't doing anything to elevate her more" but they just announced a Serena Williams partnership, a clothing line with Venus Williams, she was recently added to Fortnite, they announced a partnership with Dove, announced a Tik Tok challenge that is an homage to the 77 series, yet again reconfirmed a third film with Patty and Gal, and a jewelry collection at Zales. We're also discussing this very week about Trial of the Amazons which will be an event that centers the Wonder verse in 2022.

    I'm honestly not certain how we can look at that and say that D.C. is "coasting."

  12. #1077
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...she is a trail blazer for female superhero movies.

    As for female action cartoons, agh the early 2000's had so many good ones! Original IP's that weren't spin-offs of male lead franchises, that stood on their own completely!

    I'm talking Kim Possible, Totally Spies, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls! That was the golden age for female lead action cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Haha, I loved all 4 of those shows and now I feel old!
    I got grey hairs just being reminded of those shows.

  13. #1078
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...she is a trail blazer for female superhero movies.

    As for female action cartoons, agh the early 2000's had so many good ones! Original IP's that weren't spin-offs of male lead franchises, that stood on their own completely!

    I'm talking Kim Possible, Totally Spies, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls! That was the golden age for female lead action cartoons.

    Oh man, those were my childhood...

  14. #1079
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I got grey hairs just being reminded of those shows.
    I just plain have them. Hurray, stress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Haha, I loved all 4 of those shows and now I feel old!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...she is a trail blazer for female superhero movies.

    As for female action cartoons, agh the early 2000's had so many good ones! Original IP's that weren't spin-offs of male lead franchises, that stood on their own completely!

    I'm talking Kim Possible, Totally Spies, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls! That was the golden age for female lead action cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh man, those were my childhood...
    *Shakes cane at the young people*

    Most those are pretty much one minute after my time, but that's a good point. Luckily, the continued success of animation aimed at young women has proven the audience is there, so with some luck we'll get a WW animated project in the next few years.

    I just want to see it before I die from all this cane shaking.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  15. #1080
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Are we strictly talking about comic book stories? If so, how many people can tell you a Captain Marvel story? Realistically, how many people can tell you a Superman story? Hell, I'll even put in the most successful comic characters like Spider-Man and Batman. Most people don't read comics, and if we look at the statistics for who are buying comics, it paints a pretty small, aging, white, and male audience. Of course, as comic fans, we already know this.

    If we're expanding to outside media, my mother was a huge Wonder Woman 77 fan, and she talked to me at length about her favorite Wonder Woman episodes as a kid when the Wonder Woman film was releasing. Speaking of, there are two films people can speak about at length regardless of how they feel about said films. Also, DC "aren't doing anything to elevate her more" but they just announced a Serena Williams partnership, a clothing line with Venus Williams, she was recently added to Fortnite, they announced a partnership with Dove, announced a Tik Tok challenge that is an homage to the 77 series, yet again reconfirmed a third film with Patty and Gal, and a jewelry collection at Zales. We're also discussing this very week about Trial of the Amazons which will be an event that centers the Wonder verse in 2022.

    I'm honestly not certain how we can look at that and say that D.C. is "coasting."
    Wonder Woman in general. The public knows far more about all those that you mentioned, especially Spiderman and Superman because they've been in their lives forever in various media. They can look back to Spiderman and his amazing friends or maybe Spiderman TAS got them hooked, or the OG films.

    Wonder Woman is mostly related to Lynda Carter and they just now get to relate her to Gal but even during BvS so many tried to call her q Xena ripoff. They probably can't name a WW villain outside of Ares.

    If you think that she's on the same level as Superman/Spiderman/Batman.....well we'll have to disagree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •