Page 331 of 345 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5168

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Honestly, between this and news the MCU wants to take fewer "risks"...including no third Captain Marvel...which likely means fewer women and POC leading movies. I have a feeling if we weren't already in the dog days of superhero movies, we're there now.

Lesser known characters are going to get the shaft. Everything is going to be bloated team-ups and cameo fests. Even Superman is getting saddled with the Authority and Hawkgirl and Mr. Terrific and who knows who else. The next Captain America apparently has a bunch of Hulk characters showing up. Sony insists on future Spider-Man movies to be more multiverse with more characters.
    Unfortunately, if we see Wonder Woman in live action again any time soon, it will almost certainly be in a Justice League or crossover movie. She's never getting a solo again.

And honestly, this is probably the death throes of the fad. Superhero movies might not go away completely, but I think we're approaching the end of the current run. Gunn's Superman will make money--assuming it's any good--but it won't be enough to launch a new cinematic universe. The MCU's on the downturn. After the next Venom, Sony's done. Batman and Spider-Man will continue because they're untouchable. They might still do something with the X-Men. But that'll be about it.

At least we got one decent Wonder Woman movie out of all this.
    I think it probably depends on the success of not only Superman but of the other movies in the works as well as whether the MCU can turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You asked why she would know. If she did - that is how.

It's also possible she isn't looking to see what they're doing outside of WW. She did day dc studio isnt currently interested in WW
    She didn't even mention Paradise Lost being cancelled or it's existence. If she had some inside knowledge beyond what James Gunn and Peter Safran told her more than a year ago, why wouldn't she mention that?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    She didn't even mention Paradise Lost being cancelled or it's existence. If she had some inside knowledge beyond what James Gunn and Peter Safran told her more than a year ago, why wouldn't she mention that?
    Paradise Lost isn't a WW film.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I could be miss remembering or misinterpreting some of what King said, but in an interview last year he mentioned how he’s trying to write his Wonder Woman comic in a way that “proves she deserves an animated series” or something along those lines.

And since he is at the Hollywood writing table, it just tells me that there’s nothing in the works.
    Yeah I remember that. Basically he wanted his series to show that there’s demand for Wondy or something.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was reminded of WW in All-Star Batman and to quote Aretha Franklin "uhh great art. beautiful art". She's so extreme it's almost comical.

Ah the innocent days when post-9/11 Frank Miller wrote the worst WW.

Then came the NRS and Tom Taylor tag-team.

Strangest thing was his Superman Year One had a not completely terrible scene with WW (I mean still bad but marked improvement over his other attempts).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ah the innocent days when post-9/11 Frank Miller wrote the worst WW.

Then came the NRS and Tom Taylor tag-team.

Strangest thing was his Superman Year One had a not completely terrible scene with WW (I mean still bad but marked improvement over his other attempts).
    Going from "Men suck. I hate men. Kiss me you MAN! You're disgusting! I'm skinng Batman alive" to "stop fighting boys, we're about justice, we're a team, kiss me Superman"....thats a massive improvement.

Going from "Men suck. I hate men. Kiss me you MAN! You're disgusting! I'm skinng Batman alive" to "stop fighting boys, we're about justice, we're a team, kiss me Superman"....thats a massive improvement.
    Yeah, like I said. Bar was at zero, so going up to 1 is a massive improvement.

I mean... that is apparently a common reaction to Batman though.

Paradise Lost isn't a WW film.
    I didn't hear the interview, but the quotes didn't specify that she was only talking about movies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I didn't hear the interview, but the quotes didn't specify that she was only talking about movies.
    Being informed of context before one comments is fundamental.

I was reminded of WW in All-Star Batman and to quote Aretha Franklin "uhh great art. beautiful art". She's so extreme it's almost comical.

This is so silly I can’t even be mad about it.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I don’t get why so mang people take All-Star Batman seriously. It's so obviously an intentionally bad parody. That's not to say Miller’s writing for WW (or anyone else) is ever particularly good.

It is a shame we never got a Jim Lee drawn mini when he was in his prime. I lived for his Diana.

Fantastic Member

Frank Miller (and Brian Azzarello) did the Amazon good in Master Race at least with having them slaughter the Kryptonians. Don't remember exactly how Diana was in that, but it was a further improvement that I remember (not hard to do).