Page 104 of 336 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5030

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Wonder Woman and Green Lantern is a more interesting pairing anyway
    I’ve always thought Hal Jordan and Steve Trevor were kind of similar.

^^^

I love CC's Wonder Woman vids. That one was especially funny. XD

Also on Steve and Hal being similar, they are both pilots. (I'm wondering if that also had something to do with the paring)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-08-2022 at 10:49 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Y'all sleeping on my man Mister Monster, all because he doesn't look like a hunky super model. T_T

He didn't ask to be born looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This look sort of reminds me of Big Barda.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

If she's going against circe possibly in the next movie wouldn't she need long-range attacks since circe is not a fighter? Does she have lightning powers in dceu or comics?she had it in Justice League when she broke the bridge with lightning fighting steppenwolf. I'm not sure if that's cannon since the snyderverse is over so idk im very curious
    Last edited by Mysterious; 01-15-2022 at 02:27 PM.

She has an indestructible Magic Lasso that allows her to restrain and enemy and pull them to close quarters, and she has the speed strength to move towards the target, and the gauntlets that can concentrate the magic energy so she can block attacks while coming closer to them.

The infamous moment

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The infamous moment

Where does this come from?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Where does this come from?
    The Other History of the DC Universe

Death of the Justice League

So Diana's getting dragged down in another crummy League story no one asked for.

And, in other news, water is wet.

I've said it before, I'll say again, and I'll probably continue saying it until my dying breath: the Justice League sucks and does far more harm than good for Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

So Diana's getting dragged down in another crummy League story no one asked for.

I've said it before, I'll say again, and I'll probably continue saying it until my dying breath: the Justice League sucks and does far more harm than good for Wonder Woman.
    ...And she literally just got back.

It’s nice to know Diana died so she could be a tour guide of the afterlife for the rest of the JL.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

This and Trial has me now suspecting the main book will pretty much become the Yara Flor Show now when that's over.

Really kind of undercuts both Trial and Cloonan/Conrad's run at the moment for me if I'm being honest if that's what it's all leading to.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-19-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This and Trial has me now suspecting the main book will pretty much become the Yara Flor Show now when that's over.

Really kind of undercuts both Trial and Cloonan/Conrad's run at the moment for me if I'm being honest if that's what it's all leading to.
    Sadly us WW fans need to remember. That with WB/DC trackrecord. We should never expect too much. Because thing will likey turn out to be bad.

WW will have no title based on everything we are hearing? Because i would love for DC to lose the rights to the character.

In the past three to four years, we've seen...

- Diana murdered and turned into a zombie in DCeased; said zombie was later put down in the sequel series

- Diana torn apart and turned into a cyborg slave in the animated Apokolips War before getting erased from existence

- Diana killed as part of the Knightmare in Snyder's Justice League

- the whole build-up to Death Metal had the Justice League getting wiped out by Perpetua

- Diana turned into a vampire in DC vs. Vampires, and given the non-canon nature of this story, I don't think we should expect her to be freed or saved by the end

Nothing's happened yet, but I don't foresee good things coming in Dark Knights of Steel.
    Meanwhile, on the horizon, we still got Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League, and now they've announced this Death of the Justice League.

And that's Wonder Woman alone. In most of these stories I've mentioned, other heroes suffer just as bad, if not worse.
    I know "dark futures" and "anyone can die" and "all is lost" stories are a staple of superhero comics, but it feels like we've been seeing a lot of them from DC in a very short time.

They want to keep pushing big, sweeping company-wide stories that drag in dozens of characters, but they clearly can't think of anything without artificially raising the stakes by "killing" the heroes in graphic fashion, or they've become hopelessly dependent on "shock & horror" to garner attention. Probably both.

Just strikes me as creative bankruptcy and makes me hate the shared universe that much more.