Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1072
  1. #946
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    So WW gets a pig, what does that imply?

  2. #947
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So WW gets a pig, what does that imply?
    Nothing... if they do the awesome thing and have the pig be a wild boar.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  3. #948
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Or war pigs.

  4. #949
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,798

    Default

    I'd be perfectly fine with gryphons or pegasi as a Wonder Woman pet.

  5. #950
    Spectacular Member HestiasHearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Themyscira
    Posts
    248

    Default

    #WonderWoman is trending on Twitter; apparently Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 3 is indeed happening and that Gal and Patty are returning.

  6. #951
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    #WonderWoman is trending on Twitter; apparently Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 3 is indeed happening and that Gal and Patty are returning.
    ....they confirmed it last year though....

  7. #952
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Maybe we'll get a release date at Fandome next month. Either 2023 or 2024.

  8. #953

    Default

    It would be nice to get an update or confirmation of something, just so we know it's definitely happening. I mean they were saying they would make a second Man of Steel movie for how many years?
    "Never place your trust in us. We're only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you."


  9. #954
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    #WonderWoman is trending on Twitter; apparently Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 3 is indeed happening and that Gal and Patty are returning.
    Thank Hera. I was getting kinda anxious actually. That Amazons spin off is probably cancelled though

  10. #955
    Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It would be nice to get an update or confirmation of something, just so we know it's definitely happening. I mean they were saying they would make a second Man of Steel movie for how many years?
    I think the film side of WB/DC has more confidence about a third WW film than they do about MoS atm.

    We haven't heard that much about MoS from them. Just clickbait and rumors. Official words has been few.

  11. #956
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    #WonderWoman is trending on Twitter; apparently Warner Bros. has confirmed that Wonder Woman 3 is indeed happening and that Gal and Patty are returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....they confirmed it last year though....
    Yea, this isn't news - from December:

    Variety: ‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty Jenkins
    “As fans around the world continue to embrace Diana Prince, driving the strong opening weekend performance of ‘Wonder Woman 1984,’ we are excited to be able to continue her story with our real life Wonder Women — Gal and Patty — who will return to conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy,” said Warner Bros. chief Toby Emmerich.

  12. #957
    Spectacular Member HestiasHearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Themyscira
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yeah.
    When I first saw the Twitter trend and why it trended, I thought that "we all knew this. WB announced it soon after WW84 opened." SO i really don't know what exactly happened that made WB allegedly re-confirm it (?)...

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the film side of WB/DC has more confidence about a third WW film than they do about MoS atm.
    True.
    And we all know that what has kept MOS2 from being made was the fact that the first film was a critical flop and and underwhelming box office performer, while the first Wonder Woman film was a huge box office hit (made more money than MOS on a smaller budget) and a huge critical success (still the best reviewed DCEU so far). WB definitely sees more potential in a second sequel to a beloved film (despite the first sequel underperforming real bad) than a first sequel to a movie that audiences did not care for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Thank Hera. I was getting kinda anxious actually. That Amazons spin off is probably cancelled though
    One of the reasons I want Wonder Woman 3 to become a huge hit that resurrects movie audiences' love affair withe Wonder Woman is that, if it does, it will once more encourage WB to spend resources on other WW-related endeavors, which could potentially include the amazons project...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 09-29-2021 at 04:13 AM.

  13. #958
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yeah.
    When I first saw the Twitter trend and why it trended, I thought that "we all knew this. WB announced it soon after WW84 opened." SO i really don't know what exactly happened that made WB allegedly re-confirm it (?)...



    True.
    And we all know that what has kept MOS2 from being made was the fact that the first film was a critical flop and and underwhelming box office performer, while the first Wonder Woman film was a huge box office hit (made more money than MOS on a smaller budget) and a huge critical success (still the best reviewed DCEU so far). WB definitely sees more potential in a second sequel to a beloved film (despite the first sequel underperforming real bad) than a first sequel to a movie that audiences did not care for.



    One of the reasons I want Wonder Woman 3 to become a huge hit that resurrects movie audiences' love affair withe Wonder Woman is that, if it does, it will once more encourage WB to spend resources on other WW-related endeavors, which could potentially include the amazons project...
    Given the crapstorm that WW84 was with Patty directing and writing, I really hope all she does is the directing. They also need a top notch person who could be involved with the action sequences since that left something to be desired in the sequel. Hopefully no depowering in the story and no STEVE!!!!

  14. #959
    Spectacular Member HestiasHearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Themyscira
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Given the crapstorm that WW84 was with Patty directing and writing, I really hope all she does is the directing. They also need a top notch person who could be involved with the action sequences since that left something to be desired in the sequel. Hopefully no depowering in the story and no STEVE!!!!
    Patty Jenkins co-wrote the badly-reviewed Wonder Woman 1984 with Dave Callahan and Geoff Johns. She wrote (all by herself) the critically acclaimed Monster, which garnered several Best Screenplay nominations from a couple of film critics associations. And yet, somehow, people are fully convinced that she should never again write anything else, despite the fact that she wrote (again, all by herself) her second best reviewed film (MOnster). Her best reviewed movie ever (Wonder Woman), she co-wrote with Allen Heinberg. Clearly, it's very likely that she is not the horribly untalented screenwriter that some people seem to claim she is.
    I am glad that she is once again writing a WW film, and I am sure that this time, WB will make sure that she is paired with someone who is NOT Callahan and Johns. Jenkins is directing and writing WW3 and that is a fact. I keep my fingers crossed that she learns from the mistakes that brought WW84 down, and that she and Heinberg join forces again to write this third WW film.

    I do agree, however, that this time they need to write/design/execute action setpieces that are truly sensational. WW84 was such a letdown in that respect. I would have possibly "forgiven" the film for all its other "sins" if it at least had had a phenomenal battle between Cheetah and Diana (instead of that silly aerial dance they had)...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 09-29-2021 at 11:35 AM.

  15. #960
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Patty Jenkins co-wrote the badly-reviewed Wonder Woman 1984 with Dave Callahan and Geoff Johns. She wrote (all by herself) the critically acclaimed Monster, which garnered several Best Screenplay nominations from a couple of film critics associations. And yet, somehow, people are fully convinced that she should never again write anything else, despite the fact that she wrote (again, all by herself) her second best reviewed film (MOnster). Her best reviewed movie ever (Wonder Woman), she co-wrote with Allen Heinberg. Clearly, it's very likely that she is not the horribly untalented screenwriter that some people seem to claim she is.
    I am glad that she is once again writing a WW film, and I am sure that this time, WB will make sure that she is paired with someone who is NOT Callahan and Johns. Jenkins is directing and writing WW3 and that is a fact. I keep my fingers crossed that she learns from the mistakes that brought WW84 down, and that she and Heinberg join forces again to write this third WW film.

    I do agree, however, that this time they need to write/design/execute action setpieces that are truly sensational. WW84 was such a letdown in that respect. I would have possibly "forgiven" the film for all its other "sins" if it at least had had a phenomenal battle between Cheetah and Diana (instead of that silly aerial dance they had)...
    This glosses over Geoff Johns contributions to the first Wonder Woman movie - the original WB press release actually gives both Heinberg and Johns screenwriting credits, Johns was later removed due to WGA rules, leaving Heinberg as the sole credited writer.

    Wonder Woman” hits movie theaters around the world next summer when Gal Gadot returns as the title character in the epic action adventure from director Patty Jenkins. Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.Joining Gadot in the international cast are Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner and Sad Taghmaoui. Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg, based on characters from DC Entertainment. Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston. The film is produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Richard Suckle, with Rebecca Roven, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with RatPac-Dune Entertainment, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, “Wonder Woman.” The film is scheduled for release on June 2, 2017, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros.
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-29-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •