Page 228 of 336 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5031

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oof. They say most of the best versions are from pre-Crisis, then the list is mostly post-Crisis?

Some of the images don't add up with the number they are attached to. And that picture of Steve fishing doesn't have anything to do with what is being listed.
    I think almost none of the pictures, aside from the last, lineup with the era of Themyscira they talk about lol.

That is a horrible, confusing, complicated, jumbled article. Does CBR have any standards for it's writers?

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    That is a horrible, confusing, complicated, jumbled article. Does CBR have any standards for it's writers?
    When CBR wants to do Wonder Woman content they should really get one of us. We couldn't do any worse than some random that doesn't know what they're talking about.

10 Themyscria's? I didn't even know there were more than 5 (Golden Age, Silver Age, Post Crisis, Nu52 and Rebirth) and even then some versions like the Golden and Silver Age versions blends together and even the Rebirth version is a melding of the Pre Crisis or Post Crisis versions.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Beginning in 2011, the New 52 DC reboot also gave Themyscira a makeover. Unlike the war-torn island depicted post-Crisis, this version depicts the Amazons as a race of supremely smart and strong-willed women who are completely independent of the evil that men do. While short-lived, it was another time of triumph.
    Which comic did this writer read?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    10 Themyscria's? I didn't even know there were more than 5 (Golden Age, Silver Age, Post Crisis, Nu52 and Rebirth) and even then some versions like the Golden and Silver Age versions blends together and even the Rebirth version is a melding of the Pre Crisis or Post Crisis versions.
    You could add elseworld versions like Legend of Wonder Woman and Historia (I'm surprised the latter wasn't even mentioned given they have an image from Morrison's Earth One comic).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Or it's a lack of editors.

Who green lit this?

I love the chaos storm that shields Themyscira from Patriarch’s World, but I’ve never warmed to megaladons patrolling the waters of Themyscira.

Parts of this felt totally nonsensical to me so I copied and pasted it into an AI content detector in chunks and sure enough...big sections of it ranged from 50-60% human-generated.

The state of modern journalism, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which comic did this writer read?

You could add elseworld versions like Legend of Wonder Woman and Historia (I'm surprised the latter wasn't even mentioned given they have an image from Morrison's Earth One comic).
    Well on one hand we only see Themyscira for like the last two pages and it's not exactly an idyllic depiction at the moment.

...but it's not like it'd be out of place with the logic of the rest of that list.

What do you guys prefer, the name Paradise Island, or the name Themyscira. And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you guys prefer, the name Paradise Island, or the name Themyscira. And why?
    For me Themyscira is the capital city of Paradise Island.

Themyscira only because Paradise Island while fine when comics were written for children, it isn't distinct enough for modern times. Besides we already have a Paradise Island here in Man's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    For me Themyscira is the capital city of Paradise Island.
    Seconding this. This is actually how Perez had established it in his run. Yet somehow people overlooked this and just started calling the island Themyscira.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Paradise Island for what it stands for.