Page 132 of 342 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 5116

Always hoped to see a WW book from Sale. Ah what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I was just listening to a podcast about Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One, and I'd like to ask, what's what's the opinion here about that series?
    Started slow but got better with every volume imo. Genuinely love the final book, but unlike Gaius I adore Paquette’s art, especially his designs for the Amazons and Themyscaria, so that increased my enjoyment.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I was just listening to a podcast about Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One, and I'd like to ask, what's what's the opinion here about that series?
    I found it to be ok but for a high profile book I thought it was a step back for the character and introducing people to her. I was expecting something more along the lines of Historia that would really be a new way of defining her but...it was largely forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    "Thunder-break, my invisible steed" Lol, love it!
    I insist

Sexiest thing of the year

Wonder Woman/Wonderdon team-up when?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I haven't listened to it myself, but I think this is it:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/10K...mnF7P2YrQ&nd=1

And if not, hey, there's another podcast that talks about Wonder Woman: Earth One.
    Yes. This is the one. Sorry I couln't answer earlier.

By the way, thanks to everyone that responded, I enjoyed Earth One overall but it's a polarizing book, not only in its execution but also in how it approaches certain themes.

Really want the butterfly women of Venus to be redesigned and modeled after this...

Start at 40 seconds for the reveal.

Just cause I feel like people aren't gonna watch the clip. Her wings are the butterflies...

Last edited by Perseus; 06-21-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ok that's cool

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It didnt really debunk the myth that well....

We still have the infamous statement "There’s kind of a licensing problem: if we wanted to do Wonder Woman as a series, we could do that, [but] if it was a guest-shot, it was a little more problematic. I don’t really understand it—it just turned out to be easier all the way around [to use Big Barda in the Batman Beyond episode 'The Call'...] we love Wonder Woman—Bruce [Timm] did that great design of her, which is now a maquette at the Warner Bros. store. At some point, we’ll do Wonder Woman…we just need to fight that battle when we get to it.."

What were the major hoops they'd have to jump through? DC didnt want her to be a guest character? If it was harder for WW to guest in a show there's a reason behind it. Just like why were the Wondergirls off limits to Teen Titans and YJ starting out? Was DC so hellbent on detroying the characters that they'd rather them just parish into the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I found it to be ok but for a high profile book I thought it was a step back for the character and introducing people to her. I was expecting something more along the lines of Historia that would really be a new way of defining her but...it was largely forgettable.
    I could never forget this...

WW paradise-island-earth-1-2.jpg

WW paradise-island 2.jpg

Paquette's art alone was enough to make it enjoyable for me, but Morrison also had interesting ideas.

The Invisible Jet is in League of Super-Pets:

Oh, well I hope that in the post credit scene she is adopted by Giganta.

Anyone else been seeing the rumors about WW3 floating around? There's some scooper on Twitter who said apparently the most recent draft of the script is really solid and had this to say:

Themysciran glory. Lots of magic and action. Borrows a lot from recent comics too. Circe and another villain play a big part.

But there are many cool supporting characters, two from the comics including Nubia
    No idea how reliable said scooper is but I hope it's all true because it sounds awesome. And if I had to take a guess on the second villain, I have a feeling it'll be Cheetah round 2.

Relevant tweets:
    https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...C8xfvMrd4qAAAA

https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/sta...97885022003202

https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...56272462774274

I buy that they're planning to focus on the Amazons - they seemed to be setting it up with Asteria and with all of the Nubia hype at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for some brand synergy. If it does draw on the recent comics, I'm guessing they'll introduce the other tribes and do something kinda like the floating island origin with Nubia (maybe she'll be another pantheon's demigoddess from a different tribe?). And if there are 2 major supporting characters from the comics, maybe Yara will show up as well?

My dream would be a movie that followed Diana rounding up Amazons from around the world to fight Circe on Themyscira. But I don't wanna get myself too hyped because it could easily all be BS

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Anyone else been seeing the rumors about WW3 floating around? There's some scooper on Twitter who said apparently the most recent draft of the script is really solid and had this to say:

No idea how reliable said scooper is but I hope it's all true because it sounds awesome. And if I had to take a guess on the second villain, I have a feeling it'll be Cheetah round 2.
    Don't think that is much to look forward to considering how lackluster the fights were with her in the second movie. Maybe if Patty put the action scenes on a different director, this might be something to see, but I don't want to see Cheetah so soon again.