Page 340 of 345 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5172
    Fantastic Member

A lot of people are hoping for a female writer which would be nice. But honestly how many female writers are considered A-list? Just Gail Simone if even she is? I like Thompson (usually) and DeConnick, but they aren't considered A-list. Obviously there is a talk about female writers and the changes they get.
    Last edited by Skytten; 04-15-2024 at 01:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just give me a good creative team.

It really depends on who you consider A-list. To me Spurrier and Ram aren't A-listers either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It really depends on who you consider A-list. To me Spurrier and Ram aren't A-listers either.
    I agree, but I think a case for Ram could be made since he has written Detective for such a long time and wrote Venom.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'd like to see PKJ. Top notch world building and his work on other titles has been awesome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Now this is a look I wanna see again:

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Now this is a look I wanna see again:

The fast food uniform? That can get kept in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I doubt he'd want to. I mean his writing for WW speaks for itself. Waid is also unlikely. Out of the A-listers I think Snyder is the only one who expressed an interest in writing her.
    Snyder is also a possibility (which Im not a huge fan of, even if he gave some cool feats to her at Death Metal) but he's most 100% possibly going to write one or all the Batman titles.

in fact, Im starting to suspect this will be a new excuse to publish more batman titles, and that there won't be any non-batfam character on this at all.

Problem with the concept of A-List writer is that, the people that Marvel & DC tend to nurture or groom into A-listhood are usually dudes, and usually the type of dudes that give zero effs about Wonder Woman or any female character that is not a "kill-happy badass chick" cliche.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Problem with the concept of A-List writer is that, the people that Marvel & DC tend to nurture or groom into A-listhood are usually dudes, and usually the type of dudes that give zero effs about Wonder Woman or any female character that is not a "kill-happy badass chick" cliche.
    I feel like PKJ is the antithesis of all of this and would do a really good job with Diana. He’s done justice to every title he’s written and can excel in and across any genre.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Renae De Liz's instagram says she has an unannounced DC title, possibly Absolute Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Renae De Liz's instagram says she has an unannounced DC title, possibly Absolute Wonder Woman?
    Is that a real WW title that has been hinted at?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't

Don't do that

Don't give me hope

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Snyder is also a possibility (which Im not a huge fan of, even if he gave some cool feats to her at Death Metal) but he's most 100% possibly going to write one or all the Batman titles.

in fact, Im starting to suspect this will be a new excuse to publish more batman titles, and that there won't be any non-batfam character on this at all.
    I don’t see him doing Batman again. With the New 52 he already did a long run with a rebooted Batman that he got to revamp as he wanted. He also already did JL, which leaves either Superman or Wonder Woman. Of the two I figure he’s probably writing Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is that a real WW title that has been hinted at?
    Nothing official yet but Bleeding Cool leaked that DC is doing their own “Ultimate Universe” called “Absolute Comics” and an Absolute WW book is likely. I’ve seen some whispers that Al Ewing will write WW but nothing official yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t see him doing Batman again. With the New 52 he already did a long run with a rebooted Batman that he got to revamp as he wanted. He also already did JL, which leaves either Superman or Wonder Woman. Of the two I figure he’s probably writing Superman.
    the man doesnt grow tired of doing 2921 Batman titles, surely he'd believe himself ready to go for 2922 or 2939 for the matter. I just can't see Absolute DC as nothing but another excuse to saturate the market with exclusively batman titles, seeing how Black Label and Elseworlds are already turning into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nothing official yet but Bleeding Cool leaked that DC is doing their own “Ultimate Universe” called “Absolute Comics” and an Absolute WW book is likely. I’ve seen some whispers that Al Ewing will write WW but nothing official yet.
    Well, that's MUCH better, but where did you find this rumour? Wouldn't say No to an Inmortal Wonder Woman run