Page 151 of 344 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5147

Who even knows what's safe anymore.

Kind of worried they'll can the video game also.

I think WW3 will happen at least. Don't know if an Aquaman 3 will happen either.

Regarding a reboot; I would love it but we are still several years away from that. I'm not a fan of Gal Gadot and there is a lot of story problems in Patty's movies but I think she and Gal should at least close out their trilogy so the hand off to the next WW would be more elegant (if we get to see a next WW live action in our life times. >_>).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Official word from Zaslav is they want future DC movies to be "event" blockbusters made for theaters (unless you're Joker, I guess). Which means lower-key stuff like Batgirl, which was meant for HBOMax is getting flushed. I expect Zatanna, Black Canary, and maybe even Blue Beetle are going to get similarly torpedoed.

But who knows what this will mean for Wonder Woman's future.

She's got cameos set for Flash (assuming it ever gets released at this point) and allegedly the next Shazam, too. For what that's worth. I think it's safe to say--and most of us likely guessed already--that Amazons show isn't happening.
    Last I heard, Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins have both said they're still in the script-writing stage of the next solo movie. Assuming Zaslav means what he says, WW3 would likely qualify as the type of blockbuster they'll keep on the slate. But they're still a long way, and a lot can change between now and then.

I won't lie, there's a strong sense of dread hovering over all this. Whenever these things happen, it tends to be the female-led and minority driven projects that get the axe first. Even though the first Wonder Woman was a huge success, who's to say Warner won't decide that was just a fluke and pull the plug? Lest we forget the "no more female superhero movies" mandate they pushed on the animated films not that long ago.

And even if Wonder Woman 3 is safe, who knows what nonsense the executives might push in order to make it more of an "event?" Remember those awful rumors it was going to be a diet Justice League with Hawkgirl, Supergirl, and other random female characters teaming up with Diana? Or the rumor is was basically going to be an Aquaman crossover?
    I mean, Black Adam is at least partially meant to lead to JSA movies. Who's to say they won't just use WW3 as a glorified advertisement for potential spin-offs?

Speaking of...I kinda cringe every time the Rock opens his mouth about Black Adam and his hopes/plans for DC's future. It seems Dwayne wants to reshape the DCEU with him as the centerpiece everything revolves around. Not to mention his apparent insistence he stand at the top of the totem pole as the strongest, most unbeatable character of them all.
    I very much dread what his "I will only take three punches and never lose" contract could mean in regard to Wonder Woman. Bad enough we saw her get stomped on in both versions of Justice League, do we need to see the Rock do it, too?

Woof. Warner/DC really is a mess. I just want Wonder Woman 3 to wrap up the trilogy, be about her, hopefully be good, and for that to be the end of her part in this sinking ship.

Beyond that...I'm not opposed to a reboot. But only if it's not part of shared universe. I'd rather DC as a whole take more of a page from The Batman and just do self-contained movies.
    But I have a feeling they won't do that. I have this fear that, much like the animated movies now, we'll only ever see Wonder Woman in Justice League crossover films once Gal's movies wrap up.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 08-02-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Who even knows what's safe anymore.

Kind of worried they'll can the video game also.
    I wouldn't be too worried about this, especially because it sounds like the game has been in development since 2019ish. It seems like the issues with the films stem from WBD totally changing their strategy around HBO Max (sounds like they may be consolidating it with Discovery+?), plus they've got a whole botched cinematic universe to deal with.

It's also very normal for games to be announced and then disappear off the map for a year. For example, we got the first Mass Effect 4 (5?) teaser trailer/announcement in late 2020 and the only thing we've seen since then is a vague poster that was released about a year later.

I don't trust Warner Bros, and I wont believe that WW3 exists until we have a trailer

I just want a cartoon.

It would be nice for the WW trilogy to, well, be a trilogy.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I just want a cartoon.

It would be nice for the WW trilogy to, well, be a trilogy.
    I am not sure how they can take WW2017 and WW84 into a cohesive trilogy with whatever they come up with in WW3. The first two movies are totally different from one another and that is besides the point the superiority of the 1st movie over the second. If they bring in Steve Trevor again, somehow, then I am out of there.

If WW84 had been better received (and been a better film), I would say WW3 is safe, but I'm not sure. It depends on whether this truly is Discovery wiping the slate clean. It's not that there was groundwork laid for a third film, at least I don't remember anything.

Given what I've learned about Zaslov in the past hours, I'm just praying they don't reboot WW in the style of Azzarello.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If they bring in Steve Trevor again, somehow, then I am out of there.
    And the only reason they bring Steve in is because they believe, very deeply, that white cisgender heterosexual men and boys won't go see Wonder Woman without a heroic male to latch onto because they don't believe white cisgender heterosexual men and boys have the psychological or emotional maturity to identify with and root for a woman hero.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    And the only reason they bring Steve in is because they believe, very deeply, that white cisgender heterosexual men and boys won't go see Wonder Woman without a heroic male to latch onto because they don't believe white cisgender heterosexual men and boys have the psychological or emotional maturity to identify with and root for a woman hero.
    Thissss. Even if we got a different stand-in white man I'd be annoyed.

I hope The Marvels absolutely kills it so Hollywood sees that a film where the lead characters, director, and screenwriter are all women can succeed (especially considering 2 of the 3 leads and the director are WOC).

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    If WW84 had been better received (and been a better film), I would say WW3 is safe, but I'm not sure. It depends on whether this truly is Discovery wiping the slate clean. It's not that there was groundwork laid for a third film, at least I don't remember anything.

Given what I've learned about Zaslov in the past hours, I'm just praying they don't reboot WW in the style of Azzarello.
    True about the lack of setup (other than setting up Lynda Carter's character) but on the other hand the fact that it's entirely self-contained and can exist outside of the DCEU may protect it. Could go either way.

And the one good thing about the whole Snyder mess is that at least now the studio knows edgy/grimdark isn't the way.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 08-03-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about this, especially because it sounds like the game has been in development since 2019ish. It seems like the issues with the films stem from WBD totally changing their strategy around HBO Max (sounds like they may be consolidating it with Discovery+?), plus they've got a whole botched cinematic universe to deal with.

It's also very normal for games to be announced and then disappear off the map for a year. For example, we got the first Mass Effect 4 (5?) teaser trailer/announcement in late 2020 and the only thing we've seen since then is a vague poster that was released about a year later.
    Hmm, good point. Not really a gamer, so keep forgetting these projects can take years.

It also looks like canning Batgirl because of a tax write off was also due to a limited time table to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    OR…because Steve has been an integral part of her story for over 80 years and not everyone will base a decision on something as nonsensical as “white hetero” this or “cisgendered” that…

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    OR…because Steve has been an integral part of her story for over 80 years and not everyone will base a decision on something as nonsensical as “white hetero” this or “cisgendered” that…
    Do you really believe that Hollywood doesn't cater to white cisgendered heterosexual men & boys?

Steve was also irrelevant from 1987-2011. Some of us were born and grew to be adults in that period.

Steve was meant to be a non toxic man but I have to side eye the way later writers have used him, like how in the 2009 movie his entire purpose is boiled down to telling WW 'not all men' are bad and generally 'putting her in her place'.

WW'17 was the first time the character was done right in a modern context but WW84 kind of pissed all over that by bringing back from the dead, having Diana's entire character arc revolve around her love for Steve and oh yeah, having her sleep with him after he was possessing the body of someone else.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    If that was truly the case, then it doesn't seem likely that they would have killed him in the first movie and then brought him back through some mysticism that implicated Diana in a rape scenario in the second.

And it's cisgender. It's a noun, not a verb.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.