Page 62 of 342 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    *Breathes deeply*

Covers are just supposed to entice you into buying the book. Sometimes they are intentionally off-putting to make someone buy the book to answer the burning question in the back of their mind, "what the ****." Covers lie. Covers can be a jo--

WHAT THE ****.

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me there.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed yet so forgive me. I got a copy of the 80th Anniversary Collection today. Was surprised to see nothing from Simone or Orlando in there. Also nothing from Byrne or Luke. But four Kanigher stories...

Also the weirdest choice to include a Perez from right in the middle of War of the Gods, and also that accursed "I don't even like women" issue from the 60s... Would love to hear the rationale for the selections.
    I want to give DC the benefit of the doubt here and assume they don't realize that these stories are bad or just mediocre. At least it wasn't Amazons Attack.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I want to give DC the benefit of the doubt here and assume they don't realize that these stories are bad or just mediocre. At least it wasn't Amazons Attack.
    In general I'd say all these 80th anniversary collections haven't been that great.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    *Breathes deeply*

Covers are just supposed to entice you into buying the book. Sometimes they are intentionally off-putting to make someone buy the book to answer the burning question in the back of their mind, "what the ****." Covers lie. Covers can be a jo--

WHAT THE ****.

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me there.
    You know, Batman kissing Granny Goodness would've generated more talk and increased sales... but, sadly, DC wouldn't never allow it to be printed.

Extraordinary Member

The Russia story in Batman: The World begins with the main character as a child being gifted a Batman pen by his grandfather and ends with the below.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Russia story in Batman: The World begins with the main character as a child being gifted a Batman pen by his grandfather and ends with the below.

That's nice. If it does well, perhaps we'll get this kind of anthology for Diana someday.

Guess this is the place to ask - has Wonder Woman had any popular or semi-popular OGNs, mini-series, one-offs, or trades in the past couple of years that are stand alone stories? I know of the last volume of Earth One and of Dead Earth (not interested in either honestly). Or if not, are any on the way? I'm wanting to get in a nice new Wonder Woman story soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Guess this is the place to ask - has Wonder Woman had any popular or semi-popular OGNs, mini-series, one-offs, or trades in the past couple of years that are stand alone stories? I know of the last volume of Earth One and of Dead Earth (not interested in either honestly). Or if not, are any on the way? I'm wanting to get in a nice new Wonder Woman story soon.
    The current creative team has had some stellar issues. If you collect 770, 771 and 772 you have a really great story there that doesn't require any prior knowledge of WW. The story continues after that but only the other issues drawn by Travis Moore have the same quality.

Apart from that, everyone here is really excited about the black label book Wonder Woman Historia: Amazons. It's not about Diana though. It's about the 3000 years of history of the amazons, and the art is just mind blowing. Seriously, check out the Phil Jimenez instagram page, you won't believe the work he put into this book. It comes out in November.

I would also recommend the first issue of Wonder Woman: Black and Gold. It has some amazing art in there and really fun and somewhat poignant stories. The other issues also have some good stories but are not as compelling to me.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-17-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Also, there was a 6 issue miniseries by Liam Sharp that I haven't gotten around to read called The Brave And The Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman. The story seemed good and the art was absolutely astounding, as is to be expected from Liam Sharp.

Steve Orlando also wrote some pretty cool stories these last few years but the best of them aren't in singular trades. I would recommend WonderWoman vol 5 Annual 4

If you are able to find them then two other solo issues by Orlando are Wonder Woman vol 5 #51, a nice story about Diana every few years visiting a villain called Mayfly whom she put in prison. Wonder Woman vol 5 #73 is an awesome and endearing flashback into Diana's childhood adventure with her mom in a dangerous mirror dimension.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-17-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I have to agree with Alpha that Historia is going to be the big one, though God knows when we will have it all collected. The author stated she wants it to be the length of From Hell by the time it's completed, and so far only the first three of the nine massive issues she has planned have been announced. But the first issue in November (about the goddesses creating the Amazons and Hippolyta meeting them) will definitely be worth getting on its own.

JLA: A League of One stars Wonder Woman despite the title, that'd be a good one to get as well. I'm also curious on what the general consensus is here on Gail Simone's WW/Conan team up.

Extraordinary Member

So Diana and Hippolyta in Justice League next year?

And another look at Diana in Dark Knights of Steel

Extraordinary Member

And Diana in the JLD backup:

Recent-ish? Well aside from what's already been mentioned. There's Wonder Woman: Evolution by Stephanie Philips (Harley Quinn writer) on the way in November.

I've enjoyed the current Black and Gold mini-series (still ongoing, so you'll have to wait if you want to read it all collected). Sensational Wonder Woman had a few decent gold nuggets for one off issues.

Bit more on the niche side but I also liked Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-05-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Also DC vs Vampires by Tynion features Wonder Woman as a vampire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Also DC vs Vampires by Tynion features Wonder Woman as a vampire.