Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
I thought this 2010 article from Fox News was pretty interesting. Long story short they like the pants but hate removing the patriotism from Wonder Woman's costume in favor of something more "global". Surprise, surprise.
I would describe the Odyssey costume as "boring" with it's black leather jacket and pants combo, myself. It also reeks of being street wear, which also makes Diana seem like a street level hero (which is at the opposite end of "global"). I likewise dislike Zatanna's leather pants street wear outfit she's had in JLD. It's far too plain clothes and normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
something similar happened with the attempt to change the thong for pants on the new 52, ​​and also in the frustrated TV show. It is clear that someone, call it fans or the media, does not want to see her wear pants.
I feel that the xena styled battle skirt is much better compromise if you think the classic bottoms are too silly or whatever while retaining her overall look and also being consistent with a greek mythology theme. It took until the movie people actually settled on that for the comics to come to the same realization.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
Diana's costume being modelled after the American flag never made any sense since she isn't American in-universe.
I kind of liked Simone's run where the costume was give an alternative Themysciran meaning behind it's motiffs.