Page 46 of 344 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People said Aquaman ripped off Black Panther and people will say Namor is a rip off of Aquaman, but that didn’t matter at all for Arthur’s billion dollar box office and I doubt it will affect BP2. If they want to do the contest they can do it, not like BP invented the concept of “fighting tournament”

If there are women involved in creating the show from the ground up, then perhaps they’d go with the classic origin, but I expect the execs would want the Zeus tie because Diana’s parentage is something that pretty much all the other forms of WW media have synergized on.

The thing to remember about JL is: they had no f****** clue the WW movie would be a success, it was assumed BvS was going to be a massive success and Batman would be the star character of the DCEU. Superman was going to be the big villain alongside Darkseid so Snyder was going to show why him turning would basically assure Darkseid of success. Yes Snyder’s an idiot, but nobody saw Batman and Superman being hated and mocked while WW was the sole breakout star. Nobody saw a world where WW, Aquaman, and Shazam were more successful than Batman and Superman. Not excusing anything, you all know how much I despise Snyder and his creative choices, but my point is the decision to have Supes beat Wondy came before her movie released and she was a huge hit. If another JL movie gets made, I’m sure she will be given much more respect (not that I ever expect another JL movie to get made anytime soon).

For what it’s worth I’d happily have DCEU Superman and Batman killed off and have Diana as the sole leader of a new JL. Hell that’s pretty much what’s going to happen if the rumors about Affleck and Cavill getting erased are correct.
    Wonder Woman still jobbed just as hard in the Synder cut as in the Whedon cut. Time had passed since the first Wonder Woman movie and Synder doing his 4 hour cut, but he didn't change a thing about the Justice League jobbing out to Superman. If you really think she would have fared better then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Wonder Woman still jobbed just as hard in the Synder cut as in the Whedon cut. Time had passed since the first Wonder Woman movie and Synder doing his 4 hour cut, but he didn't change a thing about the Justice League jobbing out to Superman. If you really think she would have fared better then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.
    He couldn’t change anything for the 4 hour cut, he could barely convince the studio to add that unnecessary 5 minutes onto the end.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He couldn’t change anything for the 4 hour cut, he could barely convince the studio to add that unnecessary 5 minutes onto the end.
    How much money did he get for the reshoot, at least 70 million, right? Sounds to me that if he wanted to redo the jobbing scene the Justice League did to Superman, he could have.

How much money did he get for the reshoot, at least 70 million, right? Sounds to me that if he wanted to redo the jobbing scene the Justice League did to Superman, he could have.
    Henry Cavil wasn’t part of the reshoots, nor was Gal Gadot.

Pretty sure most of the money went to the special effects department since everything had to be redone from scratch for a 4 hour movie.

Henry Cavil wasn’t part of the reshoots, nor was Gal Gadot.

Pretty sure most of the money went to the special effects department since everything had to be redone from scratch for a 4 hour movie.
    Are we trying to make excuses on why Synder, or Whedon for that matter, had the entire Justice League job out to Superman?

This is why I tend to be so negative with respect to Wonder Woman and that is because she gets no respect. We are even trying to give reasons why the Synder cut stayed the same even with reshoots and special effects added. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't some of the actors like the Flash come back to shoot some scenes? Sounds like if Synder really wanted to, they could have had Cavill and Gadot back.

Let us stop making excuses and try to SHOUT out as best as we can about the disrespect that Wonder Woman gets!

Are we trying to make excuses on why Synder, or Whedon for that matter, had the entire Justice League job out to Superman?

This is why I tend to be so negative with respect to Wonder Woman and that is because she gets no respect. We are even trying to give reasons why the Synder cut stayed the same even with reshoots and special effects added. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't some of the actors like the Flash come back to shoot some scenes? Sounds like if Synder really wanted to, they could have had Cavill and Gadot back.

Let us stop making excuses and try to SHOUT out as best as we can about the disrespect that Wonder Woman gets!

Everyone who was in the post credit scenes were the people brought in for the reshoots.

I’m not making excuses for Snyder’s creative choices, we all know that whole fight scene existed to show that the world lives or dies by Superman being a hero or a villain, that no one could stop him if he got serious. But saying he could fix it in the Snyder Cut just sounds like ignorance in the process of film making.

Even if Snyder wanted Cavil to come back, I’m not sure if WB would have let him.

And I am definitely not making excuses for Whedon, who we all know had the mentality of Wonder Woman being “put in her place” back when he wrote that screen place years ago. If anyone could have changed the fight scene, it was him.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-23-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Everyone who was in the post credit scenes were the people brought in for the reshoots.

I’m not making excuses for Snyder’s creative choices, we all know that whole fight scene existed to show that the world lives or dies by Superman being a hero or a villain, that no one could stop him if he got serious. But saying he could fix it in the Snyder Cut just sounds like ignorance in the process of film making.

Even if Snyder wanted Cavil to come back, I’m not sure if WB would have let him.

And I am definitely not making excuses for Whedon, who we all know had the mentality of Wonder Woman being “put in her place” back when he wrote that screen place years ago. If anyone could have changed the fight scene, it was him.
    Wasn't Cavill in the post credit scene as Evil Superman? Sounds like all they were missing was Gadot. If Synder really wanted to, they could have changed the fight scene and at least had the characters show up much more than the jobbers that they were!

People said Aquaman ripped off Black Panther and people will say Namor is a rip off of Aquaman, but that didn’t matter at all for Arthur’s billion dollar box office and I doubt it will affect BP2. If they want to do the contest they can do it, not like BP invented the concept of “fighting tournament”

If there are women involved in creating the show from the ground up, then perhaps they’d go with the classic origin, but I expect the execs would want the Zeus tie because Diana’s parentage is something that pretty much all the other forms of WW media have synergized on.

The thing to remember about JL is: they had no f****** clue the WW movie would be a success, it was assumed BvS was going to be a massive success and Batman would be the star character of the DCEU. Superman was going to be the big villain alongside Darkseid so Snyder was going to show why him turning would basically assure Darkseid of success. Yes Snyder’s an idiot, but nobody saw Batman and Superman being hated and mocked while WW was the sole breakout star. Nobody saw a world where WW, Aquaman, and Shazam were more successful than Batman and Superman. Not excusing anything, you all know how much I despise Snyder and his creative choices, but my point is the decision to have Supes beat Wondy came before her movie released and she was a huge hit. If another JL movie gets made, I’m sure she will be given much more respect (not that I ever expect another JL movie to get made anytime soon).

For what it’s worth I’d happily have DCEU Superman and Batman killed off and have Diana as the sole leader of a new JL. Hell that’s pretty much what’s going to happen if the rumors about Affleck and Cavill getting erased are correct.
    Sure, if I had any power over a WW adaptation, I would totally advocate for including the contest, Amazonium, Queen Clea and the Atlantis stuff, Villainy Inc, even if people accuse it of being a rip off, since they are WW lore anyway but we all know WB execs are more fickle.

The daughter of Zeus stuff will probably be gone though. Historia is not going to use it. I can see it being ditched in future adaptations since nearly everybody, including the JL Action showmakers tip toe around it anyway.

Okay. Post that on twitter then. Do you actually think people at Warner Brothers or even the editorial staff of DC comics are reading these forum discussions? You are complaning to other fans, not to the actual people in charge.

Wasn't Cavill in the post credit scene as Evil Superman? Sounds like all they were missing was Gadot. If Synder really wanted to, they could have changed the fight scene and at least had the characters show up much more than the jobbers that they were!
    Oh yeah, evil Superman was there for a second. But that wasn’t a reshoot, that was re-used footage, Henry Cavil confirmed he would not be doing any reshoots back when the Snyder Cut was announced.

To edit that much of the fight scene, they would have to re-do large parts of it. It would take months, which means a lot of money for fully CGI animated fight sequences that I doubt WB would have spend money on. Plus the whole movie was being advertised as the “original vision” of Justice League, warts and all. To WB that would sound like a waste of money to edit that big and expensive of a scene, especially when it goes against its advertising.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Like its been stated majority of the Snyder cut was already filmed. Gal and Henry had nothing to do with it, there was no changing to the story, you could only add on to it. The 70mill was to complete the CGI and the cliffhanger because Snyder likes to waste money. Even Joss only had so much time to finish his cut and he couldnt reshoot the entire thing, he was only able to make minor changes as even when he took over for the RESHOOTS, the cast wasnt available all at once. Gal never filmed any of her Joss scenes with the other cast.

Well yeah, Zack’s a hack and his Cut was never going to be “good”. But the Cut was billed as his original vision restored, they didn’t go and change other scenes either. They added that terrible epilogue and finished the CGI, so that Snyder fans could get his original vision as he shot it back in 2017. That it still sucks is because Snyder’s plans for the DCEU were always terrible and we’re better off for his departure, but the Cut is not connected to Patty’s take anyway considering how murder-happy Snyder makes Diana. It’s a crappy Elseworld take like Injustice, hopefully the last time Snyder will get to mess up the DC characters.

And if another JL movie ever gets made they pretty much HAVE to center her lol. Affleck and Cavill seem to be out, so Diana is the only OG Trinity member left to lead this new all female Trinity they’re building.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-23-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well yeah, Zack’s a hack and his Cut was never going to be “good”. But the Cut was billed as his original vision restored, they didn’t go and change other scenes either. They added that terrible epilogue and finished the CGI, so that Snyder fans could get his original vision as he shot it back in 2017. That it still sucks is because Snyder’s plans for the DCEU were always terrible and we’re better off for his departure, but the Cut is not connected to Patty’s take anyway considering how murder-happy Snyder makes Diana. It’s a crappy Elseworld take like Injustice, hopefully the last time Snyder will get to mess up the DC characters.

And if another JL movie ever gets made they pretty much HAVE to center her lol. Affleck and Cavill seem to be out, so Diana is the only OG Trinity member left to lead this new all female Trinity they’re building.
    I am not sure if that is true, but I definitely WOULD NOT mind a new DCEU with an all-female Trinity starring Gal Gadot, Leslie Grace (the newly announced DCEU Batgirl), and Sasha Calle (Supergirl).

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I highly doubt it. I can't have faith in DC and WB anymore when it comes to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I highly doubt it. I can't have faith in DC and WB anymore when it comes to WW.
    Given how bad WW84 was, they should instead focus on good writing (not you Patty Jenkins) and truly showcase a good story and show her power!