Page 82 of 346 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 5178
    All-New Member

A battle between Diana and Aquaman would be interesting...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    Please not again, either Wonder Woman should be out of his league, or Aquaman needs finally a constant upgrade to the kryptonian/higher Green Lantern level for that to be a good or interessting fight that makes sense.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Disney would do with WW the same thing that WB does. Didn't Carol/CM struggle with Thanos, while Marvel's golden child Captain America actually withstood a punch from the mad Titan without being turned to mincemeat? And wasn't Iron Man, not Carol or any of the female Avengers, who saved the day in the end? Let's not act as if the MCU is any better. Well, maybe a little better, but not that much.
    MCU Carol was overpowering Thanos. He had to use an infinity gem to break free from her hold. DCEU Diana has no power moment close to that or anything that Carol did in her solo movie in the final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Thena is analogous to Wonder Woman in the sense she's an immortal warrior goddess. But, in terms of "lead female hero," Marvel is/has been positioning Carol as their "Wonder Woman."

I don't think Thena is an indicator of how Marvel would treat Diana, but I'm also unconvinced Marvel would treat her any better if they did get the rights to her.
    Yeah, it’s interesting looking as an outsider who doesn’t read much Marvel seeing Marvel trying to find that character they can fit into the “WW role” like how they’ve tried with Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Wait WHAT? Now I want to know
    Maybe another digital series like what she was teasing last year or something for the main book.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Those words need to stop being taken so lightly in the comic realm. thena did nothing impressive. And can't be immortal when we know for a fact they all can be hurt, feel pain and die. It's the same problem Diana has nowadays. We get a lot of lipservice about how she is an ''immortal goddess''. But the actual performances they give her are neither immortal nor very god like.
    Being immortal is about living forever. Even gods can die so yes, the word is being used correctly.

And Thena is close enough to being their WW just as they literally had Ikarus be compared to Superman. They don't hold the same ideals but that isn't what this is about.

Carole herself got her powers from an Infinity Stone which is why she's formidable, just like Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    And Thena is close enough to being their WW just as they literally had Ikarus be compared to Superman. They don't hold the same ideals but that isn't what this is about.
    I still disagree. Sersi's characterization was much more in line with a version Wonder Woman.
    Mel Dyer even wrote a blog post about it

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I still disagree. Sersi's characterization was much more in line with a version Wonder Woman.
    Mel Dyer even wrote a blog post about it
    In personality but it doesnt always come down to that. Ikarus is nothing like Clark but he's still comparable to Superman. Power Princess is Marvels knock off of WW but is nothing like Diana.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, it’s interesting looking as an outsider who doesn’t read much Marvel seeing Marvel trying to find that character they can fit into the “WW role” like how they’ve tried with Superman and Batman.

Maybe another digital series like what she was teasing last year or something for the main book.
    I would love it if Sensational Wonder Woman returned. I liked most of those stories.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Being immortal is about living forever. Even gods can die so yes, the word is being used correctly.

Carole herself got her powers from an Infinity Stone which is why she's formidable, just like Wanda.

Being immortal means you can't die. Literally. There can be a very specifict way to kill an immortal. But that is the exceptin not the rule. While the likes of thena, WW, Superman etc can be killed just by anybody with higher power level than them.

And WW used to be formidable. Before DC nerfed her so much. thena is nothing like WW. Even her powers aren't the same as WW.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Being immortal means you can't die. Literally. There can be a very specifict way to kill an immortal. But that is the exceptin not the rule. While the likes of thena, WW, Superman etc can be killed just by anybody with higher power level than them.

And WW used to be formidable. Before DC nerfed her so much. thena is nothing like WW. Even her powers aren't the same as WW.
    You can't say "immortals can't die" and then go "there can be a specific way to kill them"

Superman is not immortal since he still ages. The Amazons are immortal since they never age and will never die unless wounded. The gods are immortal but can still die as they have countless times. WW had an entire mini series titled The Immortal Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

You can't say "immortals can't die" and then go "there can be a specific way to kill them"

WW had an entire mini series titled The Immortal Wonder Woman.
    Speaking of, I would actually love an Immortal Wonder Woman series that follows Zach Snyder's general idea for the first Wonder Woman film. Wonder Woman at different wars throughout time in her search to defeat Ares. I think it was Gaius or Dr. Poison who suggested once that a different Wonder Rogue should be the leader of each war. Wonder Woman throughout time until she confronts Ares in a hypothetical World War III in present-day could be a phenomenal mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Speaking of, I would actually love an Immortal Wonder Woman series that follows Zach Snyder's general idea for the first Wonder Woman film. Wonder Woman at different wars throughout time in her search to defeat Ares. I think it was Gaius or Dr. Poison who suggested once that a different Wonder Rogue should be the leader of each war. Wonder Woman throughout time until she confronts Ares in a hypothetical World War III in present-day could be a phenomenal mini-series.
    DC not coming out with an Immortal WW title is beyond me....it sounds amazing and I love the font they used for it. Like you said, can explore WW throughout time and expand on her history.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    It already happened in Justice Society and Aquaman beat her underwater very easily and beat her on ground to boot.

Same thing happened in the Justice League animated series in which Aquaman was even with her on land and took her out easy in water.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    It already happened in Justice Society and Aquaman beat her underwater very easily and beat her on ground to boot.

Same thing happened in the Justice League animated series in which Aquaman was even with her on land and took her out easy in water.
    I think it was clear that she was the winner on land in JL. But underwater, Aquaman should always have the uppderhand against any of the League imo.

She did kill him in Flashpoint
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWM1...istercustodian

And he never beat her on ground in JS, the battle was never truly over.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAb...el=VeteranWolf

But I am surprised that they've fought so much in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They have a lot...

Power Princess
    Thena
    She-Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    their version of Hippolyta
    Valkyrie
    Sif
    and my personal favorite Thundra

To one degree or another they're all Wonder Woman analogues in power, personality, weapons or background.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 11-14-2021 at 04:51 PM.