Page 288 of 345 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5168

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I have two questions for anyone who'd like to answer:

1- Is there any character from any era of the Wonder Woman comic that you simply did not like (for whatever reason) at first, but warmed up to lately?

2- Is there any character that you liked from the get go, and whom you think should be revisited due to the potential you think they have?
    1. Probably Nubia. I didn't dislike her particularly (given she wasn't in much to begin with) but I mainly found (and still do) the secret lost sibling twin trope eye-rolling. But I liked the stuff that came out of Williams minis.

2. Ferdinand. Why no one outside Rucka uses this guy is beyond me.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-18-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    2. Ferdinand. Why no one outside Rucka uses this guy is beyond me.
    G. Willow Wilson used him in her run (not much but he's there)! And the best WW thing she's done is a hilarious Ferdinand story she and Stjepan Sejic did in a summer anthology a few years back.

Side note, I reallllly love how Sejic draws Diana and Ferdinand.

1- Is there any character from any era of the Wonder Woman comic that you simply did not like (for whatever reason) at first, but warmed up to lately?

2- Is there any character that you liked from the get go, and whom you think should be revisited due to the potential you think they have?
    1 Mostly I didn’t like a new character if I thought another past character could have fulfilled the role, but there was nothing intrinsically wrong with the character past that. So Nemesis, Maggie and others irked me at first, but I’ve come around to them and how they fit in the overall Wonder tapestry. My one qualifier is Jason… never liked him when he showed up and I still don’t like him.

2 So many: Myndi Mayer, Trevor Barnes, Ferdinand, Siggy, Helena Sandsmark, Angle Man (Jimenez version), Achilles Warkiller, Ed Indelicato, Peter Garibaldi, Rachel Keast and others. And those are just the more modern age characters. I think some others like from earlier eras are equally interesting when coming from a Wonder “tapestry” perspective… Updated and new takes on Camille Sly, Mother Juju, Johnny Double, Mike Bailey, Stacey Macklin, Keith Griggs, Andros, Brad Covington, etc.

But this is all just how my brain works… I like Diana to be able to operate in many scenarios and with many themes.

1. Sebastian Ballesteros. So much to dislike about the character. But looking at him less as a Cheetah and more as his own character, I found myself appreciating having this evil CEO who has a talent for seeking out the likes of Circe and Doctor Psycho, appealing to their interests and knowing just what to do to get what he wants.

2. To many. Putting aside villains since thats its own thing....
    Mala, Galenthias, Mother Juju, Althea the Wood Nymph, Zoe the Neriad, Genro Genie, Cathy Perkins, Glitch, Sofia Constantinas, Jumpa, Myndi Mayer, Pele, Kane Milohai, Sojourner, Camille Sly....

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I heard dc vs vampire is going to continue in 2024? Is this true? Why can't Diana catch a break in these crappy stories?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    I heard dc vs vampire is going to continue in 2024? Is this true? Why can't Diana catch a break in these crappy stories?
    In fairness no one else is happy about that either. It is an all around terrible story that treats everyone badly. It is a trainwreck.

Like Killer Frost got killed by being set on fire, THE HEAT VAMPIRE ONE. And Martian Manhunter got killed wrestling some scrubs and falling over a building, its embarrassing.

Plus the artist Otto Schmidt is a jackass so thats not good either.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In fairness no one else is happy about that either. It is an all around terrible story that treats everyone badly. It is a trainwreck.

Like Killer Frost got killed by being set on fire, THE HEAT VAMPIRE ONE. And Martian Manhunter got killed wrestling some scrubs and falling over a building, its embarrassing.

But WW always got it bad in these stories. Always. It is super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

What happened with Schmidt?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What happened with Schmidt?
    From what I remember for one he draws Pro-Kremlin art and its very graphic stuff. Plus he's also friends with an artist who draws extremally gross awful **** whose contents shouldn't be specified.

Its uh some fucked up ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I thought it was going to be with the battle skirt for a second there!

Shield looks awful and not a fan of the amount of the stars of the bottoms but a solid C+/B- effort for McFarlane.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-21-2023 at 10:34 AM.

Shield looks awful and not a fan of the amount of the stars of the bottoms but a solid C+/B- effort for McFarlane.
    The left inner thigh cut is up a little too high for me. I want the Wonder Thang to be fully covered.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

reminds me of this

Happy Wonder Woman day.