Page 206 of 346 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5178

So we get the long-anticipated Gunnverse announcement, and of course we get firm news about Batman, Superman, and...Supergirl? Yikes. Hard pass for me.
    Of course I will watch the amazons show and hope for the best, but how in the eff do you concoct a DC Comics multi-media universe without its biggest female character (that also happens to be one of its three most iconic characters, period)?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So we get the long-anticipated Gunnverse announcement, and of course we get firm news about Batman, Superman, and...Supergirl? Yikes. Hard pass for me.
    Of course I will watch the amazons show and hope for the best, but how in the eff do you concoct a DC Comics multi-media universe without its biggest female character (that also happens to be one of its three most iconic characters, period)?
    The most insulting part is how Gunn begins, saying: “One of our strategies is to take our diamond characters — which is Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman — and we use them to prop up other characters that people don’t know." Then he proceeds to tell us how Batman and Superman will be starring in films, but Wonder Woman will not be. Batman and Superman get to be in their films. Wonder Woman gets to be only a "prop."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...an-1235314176/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He has to be joking with this right? Surely?

So how many releases are you looking at per year?
    Safran: Probably two movies and probably two HBO Max series.

Are these 10 projects everything in chapter one?
    Safran: We haven’t announced everything in chapter one. There’s some stuff that comes beyond this. So let’s just say it just it’s too early to talk about that, but it becomes very clear what the story is.

Gunn: This is half of it.
    2 movies per year? And they announced 6 movies? That's a bit ridiculous imo. Should at least be 3. 2 DC Studio movies and an Elseworlds movie in between.

That would mean no Wonder Woman movie until 2028. Which is 100% unacceptable.

He also commented on the 2 WW movies
    And we have Wonder Woman and we have Wonder Woman [1984], which doesn’t even match what happened in Wonder Woman one.
    https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-sl...gue-1850051467

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He has to be joking with this right? Surely?

2 movies per year? And they announced 6 movies? That's a bit ridiculous imo. Should at least be 3. 2 DC Studio movies and an Elseworlds movie in between.

That would mean no Wonder Woman movie until 2028. Which is 100% unacceptable.

He also commented on the 2 WW movies

https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-sl...gue-1850051467
    Blegh. I'm not excited about this, at all.

An Amazon prequel series, but it's "Game of Thrones" like?

Dangit, who used the money's paw?!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    An Amazon prequel series, but it's "Game of Thrones" like?

Dangit, who used the money's paw?!
    Don't hold the GOT comparison too seriously

Its generic PR talk, everyone talks about how GOT a new show is like, even kids shows

Yeah, I am not worried about the GOT comparison. It's a normal thing in Hollywood to take any IP that becomes hugely successful and use it as a soundbite to hook people into watching new product with superficial similarities. It's happened forever ("this will be a new, Star Wars-like concept" "It's like Die Hard, but on/in a [insert slightly different setting/city/vehicle, etc]!" "This will be our Friends!" "This is The Godfather-meets-superheroes!" "This will be Wonder Woman-meets-Game of Thrones!")

The only thing I hope is that the show doesn't become a set up for a potential Amazons Attacks film or series. I can see how that storyline/concept might have an appeal to the "let's make the amazons *badass and blood-thirsty* warriors" crowd of fanboys. At the same time, the fact that the new DCU is indeed working on a Wonder Woman-adjacent show is, imo, a good thing. I mean, Superman and Batman get all these Superman/Batman projects that don't feature them and it only helps their overall presence in pop culture. I can see this being part of a strategy to position WW into finally being on equal standing with the boys as far as output. Maybe the next announcement will include an animated WW series, and the inevitable solo film. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's definitelt not true. Future State didn't mention "everything happened".
    Future State cared so much about continuity that it was an out of continuity event in which everything and nothing mattered even if that wasn't the PR slogan yet.

We know even now stories planned for 5G are still being rewritten, which is why I specifically mention Infinite Frontier. Future State isn't the end all be all of repurposed 5G stories.

GOT-like just means there's fantasy mixed with political intrigue, which like at an absolute bare bones level should be what an amazon TV series should be about.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Spectacular Member

Seen a Shazam 2 TV spot with shots of her. Hope her scenes are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Seen a Shazam 2 TV spot with shots of her. Hope her scenes are great.
    Damn! I want to see it now!!!

Watching the new Black Panther, I am even more sad about the loss around Rucka's 1st run. They dealt with arms race and nations' covetousness of their resources and technologies. The movie has an accelerated pace but I would loved to see more of the vignettes such as when the Archons had a side meeting at the White House dinner.

Is Tom Taylor admitting a mistake without admitting it?

Injustice for me is a very troubled time. I had so much fun on that book. Obviously, I was on it for years. I think I was originally hired for fifteen chapters, and I wrote over 150. But there's a lot about Injustice that that rubs me up the wrong way. I don't believe Superman, no matter what happens to him, can become that person. I don't believe Wonder Woman becomes that person...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    This has been his, and his fanboys, go-to line for years on the Injustice comics.

Doesn't really explain why he felt the need to never go into her character or motivation until there was a widely popular movie adaption of WW he could ride the coattails of.

Those scenes of Harley, BC, and GA being super best friends forever were just to important to the narrative.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    No. I think he's basically sating He was hired to write them that way but he doesn't believe Superman or WW would be those people.