Page 37 of 336 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Being a sexy seductress to test Batman's loyalty to Selina isn't good writing?
    That's not how he wrote her. Again, I still disliked the romantic aspect of it, but neither of them was throwing themselves at the other.

Do you all think the Amazons should all be as powerful as Diana? With Philippus and the Queen being more powerful/skilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Do you all think the Amazons should all be as powerful as Diana? With Philippus and the Queen being more powerful/skilled?
    I prefer Diana to be the only one who really has powers though I tend to view the average Amazon would be around comic book "peak human"/Captain American-levels.

I think Nubia should be as powerful as Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think Nubia should be as powerful as Diana.
    Pretty much..... Diana=Nubia>>>Donna>>>Hippolyta and her sisters>>Yara=Cassie=(My head cannon Wonderboy)>>Important Named Amazons>Other Amazons

Edit: switched the sidekicks with Hippolyta and her sisters
    Last edited by Perseus; 06-18-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I lean more towards the 'all the Amazons have incredible power' approach. Makes Wonder Woman winning the contest to become Wonder Woman and proving herself to be the greatest of all the Amazons into an actual achievement and not a farce. Also lends more weight to the notion that she would be well trained and skilled since she would be learning to combat people in her weight class.

Actually, I've reached the point where I believe Diana should totally outscale the other amazons, and the contest shouldn't be about Diana masking herself and competing to prove she is the best, it should be about the amazons determining if she is ready. So the whole contest is made around testing Diana.

Diana should be trained at full strength when she is growing up, because that's what allows her to know how to take advantage of her powers in the most efficient ways. The amazons should design training equipment for her super strength and challenges where she has to fight multiple amazons with weapons at the same time, while she only uses a lasso (by her own choice)
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-17-2021 at 01:44 AM.

I ask because I was reading some clippings of Lynda Carter discussing her approach to the mythology. I liked a lot of what she said.

I think they at least should have the potential to be.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think they at least should have the potential to be.
    To somewhat quote the Incredibles, if everyone can be Super, than no one is. Diana should be in a class of her own!

I remember in the 90's when I was still purchasing Superman comics when the New Krypton storyline came in. If I remember right, there were now 100,000 kryptonians around Earth. So what makes the Last son of Krypton super anymore? First of all, he is not the last son anymore, and second of all, if Superman by himself gives Darkseid a run for his money, what suspense does a 100,000 more give. I gave up on Superman comics after that!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    To somewhat quote the Incredibles, if everyone can be Super, than no one is.
    You do remember that the person who said that was the villain? The person we should not be agreeing with?

I remember in the 90's when I was still purchasing Superman comics when the New Krypton storyline came in. If I remember right, there were now 100,000 kryptonians around Earth. So what makes the Last son of Krypton super anymore? First of all, he is not the last son anymore, and second of all, if Superman by himself gives Darkseid a run for his money, what suspense does a 100,000 more give. I gave up on Superman comics after that!
    Superman hasn't been the last son of Krypton ever since Supergirl and Zod showed. Superman losing his powers is what makes him less super not the number of Kryptonians running around.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You do remember that the person who said that was the villain? The person we should not be agreeing with?

Superman hasn't been the last son of Krypton ever since Supergirl and Zod showed. Superman losing his powers is what makes him less super not the number of Kryptonians running around.
    I still think the quote stands up from the villain. What makes Diana special if anyone on Themyscria can be as powerful as Diana? Did everyone on the island get blessed by gods like Diana?

If it is about the tournament that Diana wins, why not go the William Messner Loebs route and magically have Diana be the same as the others just for the tournament?

And yes I realize that Superman isn't the only person that survived Krypton, but when another 100,000 show up, that was when I gave up on him. If there were only 2 or 3 left, fine, but 100,000?!? Come on now! It sounds like the writers couldn't think of any good storylines, so they came up with the New Krypton crap.

Im just not a fan of that 'special one of a kind' approach since it takes away any sense that Diana had to work for what she has and just had it served up to her on a silver platter. A nice part of what made the whole concept so interesting in the beginning is how on an island of Amazons with incredible abilities who were all capable of feats beyond the normal man, Diana was able to stand out and prove herself and persevere.

The 'only one of the Amazons' logics the sort of thing that led to DC trying to retcon away all the other Kryptonians and killing off Supergirl to try making Superman special. Which is pointless when a dozen other flying bricks with the exact same powerset already exist without that specific origin.

The thing is, I've come to realize that the best thing about Diana is that she is totally privileged, which means that she has to challenge herself far beyond the standards of the other amazons.

And that's what she preaches to the world, be your best self, go beyond your own limits. So Diana doesn't have to be a normal woman that earned everything she has, she has to be a blessed being that made the best out of the amazing gifts she was given.

That's why I want to see the amazons use catapults to throw huge boulders at Diana for her to catch and throw at targets in the distance, and have her be chased by those giant sharks while juggling. Or more serious stuff, as long as her training equipment is specifically designed to challenge her superhuman powers.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-17-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Incredible Member

I prefer the origin of The Legend of Wonder Woman, she initially had no powers, the powers came from the arms and artifacts of the Amazons but in the end she "received" the powers of Gaia

I really loved this comic, because the sequel was never made?
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 06-17-2021 at 09:00 AM.