Page 230 of 342 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5117

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I would be very surprised if there isn't some "pitch" lying around DC comics that's "WW has a child".

Personally I think given the Mother/Daughter relationship in WW's mythos with Hippolyta I think there is some value in exploring the idea of Diana as a parent in regards to a daughter. There's obviously the issue in some fiction of presenting woman characters as their only purpose is to have kids and then stop being useful but I'd be interested in seeing some Black Label type book that explores the idea. Rucka's unused "Diana's Daughter" project sounds like it would have explored the concept from what little we know.

That said given DC's history I imagine they'd only give Diana a daughter so they can just have a "kid trinity" with Jon and Damien rather than exploring how Diana having a kid would affect her. Like how they tried to speedrun Yara who only started interacting with WW in any meaningful sense after her book was canned and needed somewhere to go. And while a son could be interesting in concept with the write writer, I'd imagine it'd end up being a "Diana and the Amazons get called out on being sexist"-storyline.

I guess while we're on the subject I've never really cared for Lyta (Diana's daughter with Steve in Earth-2), if the concept were ever approached I'd rather a new creation.
    Why, what was wrong with Lyta? If you said she was paired up and married off too quickly I'd agree, but other than that she was cool.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I would be very surprised if there isn't some "pitch" lying around DC comics that's "WW has a child".

Personally I think given the Mother/Daughter relationship in WW's mythos with Hippolyta I think there is some value in exploring the idea of Diana as a parent in regards to a daughter. There's obviously the issue in some fiction of presenting woman characters as their only purpose is to have kids and then stop being useful but I'd be interested in seeing some Black Label type book that explores the idea. Rucka's unused "Diana's Daughter" project sounds like it would have explored the concept from what little we know.

That said given DC's history I imagine they'd only give Diana a daughter so they can just have a "kid trinity" with Jon and Damien rather than exploring how Diana having a kid would affect her. Like how they tried to speedrun Yara who only started interacting with WW in any meaningful sense after her book was canned and needed somewhere to go. And while a son could be interesting in concept with the write writer, I'd imagine it'd end up being a "Diana and the Amazons get called out on being sexist"-storyline.

I guess while we're on the subject I've never really cared for Lyta (Diana's daughter with Steve in Earth-2), if the concept were ever approached I'd rather a new creation.
    I've always considered Diana having twins, a boy and a girl. Especially since her compatriots tend to have single kids so twins or triplets of the like would be an interesting distinction.

I would find it interesting Diana grappling with such a situation as with any parent they have to be careful not to fall into favoring one kid over the other. Like being one of those folks who sure would love any kid they have with all their heart, but they have an obvious preference to a daughter so a son would probably be a weird experience for her. Of course the son shouldn't get all the focus, it should balanced with same focus on the girl too.

Though as you mentioned the idea can fall into easy traps like just being about the Amazons being sexist. I admit I thought about the Amazons rejecting the kid so yeah care should be put in so the execution is actually interesting.

Really Diana having a kid is a cute thought cause ya know that child is gonna be loved, that kid is gonna have a lot of aunts since all the Amazons are gonna love their beloved princess' kid.

I really hope they never give Diana a child, first because she doesn't have to follow the pattern of the other members of the trinity and second because I'm fine with her not having children and somehow representing all those people who don't have children. and live a full life without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I've always considered Diana having twins, a boy and a girl. Especially since her compatriots tend to have single kids so twins or triplets of the like would be an interesting distinction.

I would find it interesting Diana grappling with such a situation as with any parent they have to be careful not to fall into favoring one kid over the other. Like being one of those folks who sure would love any kid they have with all their heart, but they have an obvious preference to a daughter so a son would probably be a weird experience for her. Of course the son shouldn't get all the focus, it should balanced with same focus on the girl too.

Though as you mentioned the idea can fall into easy traps like just being about the Amazons being sexist. I admit I thought about the Amazons rejecting the kid so yeah care should be put in so the execution is actually interesting.

Really Diana having a kid is a cute thought cause ya know that child is gonna be loved, that kid is gonna have a lot of aunts since all the Amazons are gonna love their beloved princess' kid.
    I'll admit I never considered twins.

Usually because fiction (and superhero ones in particular) usually just have one and then maybe a second later on.

Plus we already have Wonder Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I really hope they never give Diana a child, first because she doesn't have to follow the pattern of the other members of the trinity and second because I'm fine with her not having children and somehow representing all those people who don't have children. and live a full life without them.
    I get this sentiment, but (a) mother-daughter relationships are so central to the character and (b) she's immortal. It'd feel right for her journey to eventually lead there, though as others have said I think it'd need to be a child sculpted out of clay rather than one she had with a man. For all of my issues with Earth One, I loved what Morrison did there - she creates a daughter thousands of years in the future, after the world is shaped to her vision.

That said, I'd really only want that in an Elseworlds/future state situation. I see it as an "as her first mission concludes" thing, which inherently can't happen in continuity. Besides, writers have a hard enough time figuring out what to do with her and her adult supporting cast...

I wish Rucka could've made his BL book about Diana's daughter work, would've been interesting to see.

I wouldn't mind seeing it explored in an Elseworlds or "possible future" story. But not in current continuity...especially if it's only because Superman and Batman have kids now.

Personally--and others might disagree on this--I don't think Diana's currently at a place where a daughter (or son or both) is the direction to take her. Because her status quo is in constant flux with supporting cast coming and going, with so much unstable, I feel like adding a daughter would just be one more thing thrown at the wall that either gets lost in the shuffle or would engulf everything to the detriment of everything else. Wonder Woman is barely a mentor to any Wonder Girl right now. Is motherhood really what she needs as a character?

I’m all about bringing Lyta Trevor back into the Wonder world - similarly to how it’s happening with Helena Wayne in the JSA/Golden Age title. A good character who deserves to exist as part of the fun. (And I don’t really care about her usage in Sandman affecting her usage in the DCU.)

I hated it when they made Diana a twin with Jason (he’s banished from existence in my head canon), but I’ve often thought about Diana having twins and what that’d be like.

Lots to consider with a storyline of the preeminent superheroine having a pregnancy, in-universe and out-of-universe. It’d be intriguing if they did it in real-time over nine monthly issues.

I wonder what it would mean to the Themysciran Amazons? (I mean, the only times we know this has happened [depending on the origin] is with Hippolyta and Myrina Black - yeah I’m not going to count Azz’s pirate Amazons.)

I wonder what it would mean for the Olympians? Diana’s villains? The Justice League?

I can think of lots of interesting possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    True enough, my friend.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Plus we already have Wonder Twins.
    Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Wonder Twins already in use.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Whatever happened to Superwoman's baby? Is there still a Damnation Island where it could grow up? If not, would Diana take it to her home and raise it or leave it there for someone to raise as an Amazon?

Preview for next Dark Knights of Steel features Diana in typical Tom Taylor fashion: belligerent, angry, intolerant, and needs everyone else to calm her down. She just needs get murdered with a single blow and we got a BINGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Preview for next Dark Knights of Steel features Diana in typical Tom Taylor fashion: belligerent, angry, intolerant, and needs everyone else to calm her down. She just needs get murdered with a single blow and we got a BINGO.
    That still hasn’t finished?

It’s been like a year and half.

Incredible Member

"Hey, Angry Amazon Lady" summs up Taylor's entire approach to the character.