Page 159 of 346 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5178
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God, I love Xena. Such a great series that never seems to get the love it deserves.
    It makes me yearn even more for a proper WW series. Just getting to the first Amazon episode...I can imagine WW having a similar episode with the Bana.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

God, I love Xena. Such a great series that never seems to get the love it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It makes me yearn even more for a proper WW series. Just getting to the first Amazon episode...I can imagine WW having a similar episode with the Bana.
    There's a script floating around for the aborted reboot that has Xena be part of Hercules's gang (and in fact is implied to have been the real brains behind the successes of his labors) before she's cast out. Hercules would have been the bad guy, Gabrille would have been a Scythian, and Callisto was meant to show up at some point too. Presumably we would have gotten the Amazons at some point, maybe Alti, etc.

It probably would have been too dark/gritty and miss some of the campy charm of the original, but Xena mixed with the tone and epicness of Historia would be AMAZING.

Incredible Member

Absolutely! It was groundbreaking in so many ways. As Xena: Warrior Podcast coined, Xena did it first!

It’s such a shame that NBC don’t seem to know what to do with the Xena brand.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There's a script floating around for the aborted reboot that has Xena be part of Hercules's gang (and in fact is implied to have been the real brains behind the successes of his labors) before she's cast out. Hercules would have been the bad guy, Gabrille would have been a Scythian, and Callisto was meant to show up at some point too. Presumably we would have gotten the Amazons at some point, maybe Alti, etc.

It probably would have been too dark/gritty and miss some of the campy charm of the original, but Xena mixed with the tone and epicness of Historia would be AMAZING.

The script is by the then showrunner, Javier Grillo-Marxuach of The Middleman, Lost and Dark Crystal fame. It, along with his original “pitch” and season 1 outline are available on his website.

I greatly enjoyed parts of the pilot script, but was unsure about other parts. I believe the Scythians were to replace the Amazons as it was intended to have a more … grounded tone (i.e. there were no “gods” (Ares was going to be a warlord) or mythological beasts).

I don’t think it was intended to be anywhere near as campy / cheesy as the original series, but there was still going to be humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    The script is by the then showrunner, Javier Grillo-Marxuach of The Middleman, Lost and Dark Crystal fame. It, along with his original “pitch” and season 1 outline are available on his website.

I greatly enjoyed parts of the pilot script, but was unsure about other parts. I believe the Scythians were to replace the Amazons as it was intended to have a more … grounded tone (i.e. there were no “gods” (Ares was going to be a warlord) or mythological beasts).

I don’t think it was intended to be anywhere near as campy / cheesy as the original series, but there was still going to be humour.
    Actually yeah that's right, I recall now that Hercules was only going to be the "Son of Zeus" because he cultivated that reputation around himself, but it wouldn't be real.

It was an interesting approach with some really cool ideas. I'd rather have a big budget fantasy series for a Xena reboot, with the Greek myth elements treated with more seriousness, but some of the grounded ideas from this pitch could still be used

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Actually yeah that's right, I recall now that Hercules was only going to be the "Son of Zeus" because he cultivated that reputation around himself, but it wouldn't be real.

It was an interesting approach with some really cool ideas. I'd rather have a big budget fantasy series for a Xena reboot, with the Greek myth elements treated with more seriousness, but some of the grounded ideas from this pitch could still be used
    Even though I am not anti Xena reboot if done correctly...taking out the Gods would've been a mistake. Its like the WW film killing them all off in the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even though I am not anti Xena reboot if done correctly...taking out the Gods would've been a mistake. Its like the WW film killing them all off in the first film.
    Yeah. The fantasy elements are part of the appeal.

The overall pitch is really cool, but I'd change it to the Gods and monsters actually existing. So Ares would be a God, and Hercules would be the son of Zeus whose labors include the Hydra, Nemean Lion, etc. (but Xena would still play a big part in his successes).

I'm assuming this Xena pitch was a post-Nolan Batman "realistic and gritty" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm assuming this Xena pitch was a post-Nolan Batman "realistic and gritty" thing.
    Of course. The way the person described it "The original is the myth. This is the real story"

Incredible Member

I’ve seen people on here say that WW is treated badly by DC. But isn’t that the case with quite a few of their female characters, just that it’s more noticeable with WW because she’s such a high profile character.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I’ve seen people on here say that WW is treated badly by DC. But isn’t that the case with quite a few of their female characters, just that it’s more noticeable with WW because she’s such a high profile character.
    It's certainly not the case with Harley Quinn

I can't think of any major DC female character who gets disrespected as often and as badly as Wonder Woman, Cheetah and Donna Troy.

Yes, but this is a WW subform after all.

Probably aren't going to find many people discussing their gripes with Tom King's Batman run in the Superman subforum.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yes, but this is a WW subform after all.

Probably aren't going to find many people discussing their gripes with Tom King's Batman run in the Superman subforum.
    I meant generally across the DC comics not just specific to the Batman section of it. I’d argue some of the supporting characters and villains associated WW don’t do the best. Cheetah springs to mind here.

I meant generally across the DC comics not just specific to the Batman section of it. I’d argue some of the supporting characters and villains associated WW don’t do the best. Cheetah springs to mind here.
    I mean, yes. If WW herself isn't done well by DC then it's not likely they'll care to bring up her ancillary character/villains.

Just at look Harley as Psy-Lock brought up. Terrible and unenjoyable character all around but she'll be completely fine by virtue of her connection to Batman.