Page 71 of 342 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 5117
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I figure she appears midway through the story to tell the Squad what happened to the League and maybe give them some critical clue to defeating Brainiac or, more likely, tell them where to find Batman and he'll have the key to saving the day.
    Then Superman will bust in, and Diana will sacrifice herself fighting him so the Squad can escape.

She'll lose of course, because as we all know, whenever there's an "evil Superman" story, one of two things will happen to Diana:
    a) she'll be just as evil and for less reason
    b) she gets crushed by him with ease

So we might get a one-two punch of Wonder Woman getting her ass kicked by Superman before she gets her ass kicked as a boss for the Squad. Fantastic.

They could've just made a Suicide Squad game. But nooooo...we need to flog the "evil Superman" horse some more and drag the rest of the Justice League down, too.

Just once, as tired as we all are of it, I would like to see an "evil Supes" story that ends with Wonder Woman saying: "Yeah, my Lasso saw right through that, and between me, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, and about a dozen other guys, we handled that pretty quick."
    I bet what yiu say will happen. DC always loves to find ways to show WW being a helpless ant next to superman.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

With no animated series

No movie

No DTV

No live action series

There will be no main WW coverage outside of comics in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I figure she appears midway through the story to tell the Squad what happened to the League and maybe give them some critical clue to defeating Brainiac or, more likely, tell them where to find Batman and he'll have the key to saving the day.
    Then Superman will bust in, and Diana will sacrifice herself fighting him so the Squad can escape.

She'll lose of course, because as we all know, whenever there's an "evil Superman" story, one of two things will happen to Diana:
    a) she'll be just as evil and for less reason
    b) she gets crushed by him with ease

So we might get a one-two punch of Wonder Woman getting her ass kicked by Superman before she gets her ass kicked as a boss for the Squad. Fantastic.

They could've just made a Suicide Squad game. But nooooo...we need to flog the "evil Superman" horse some more and drag the rest of the Justice League down, too.

Just once, as tired as we all are of it, I would like to see an "evil Supes" story that ends with Wonder Woman saying: "Yeah, my Lasso saw right through that, and between me, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, and about a dozen other guys, we handled that pretty quick."
    The DCUO tie-in comic had something like that! But I’m pretty sure if Diana isn’t mind controlled from the start it will go down like you said. God I’m so sick of this storyline.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    With no animated series

No movie

No DTV

No live action series

They didn't mention the GL HBO series or either big Superman project we know they're working on. They're clearly holding back some announcements.

I live in hope. There's something WW coming down the pipeline.

If nothing else, it seems in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Diana will be the Squad's idea for how to stop Superman so it's possible she gets a good showing there. It'd be nice if she's the one to force him to his senses, though it's also likely they dunk on both Diana and Clark given both their video game histories.

My hope is that, as the Spirit of Truth, she breaks free and the Squad quickly realize she's their way of stopping the Justice League, teaming up with her. I assume they'll let the player decide to kill/pacify the JL, with Diana being the voice of reason to spare them. That's my hope.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-16-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They didn't mention the GL HBO series or either big Superman project we know they're working on. They're clearly holding back some announcements.

I live in hope. There's something WW coming down the pipeline.

If nothing else, it seems in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Diana will be the Squad's idea for how to stop Superman so it's possible she gets a good showing there. It'd be nice if she's the one to force him to his senses, though it's also likely they dunk on both Diana and Clark given both their video game histories.

My hope is that, as the Spirit of Truth, she breaks free and the Squad quickly realize she's their way of stopping the Justice League, teaming up with her. I assume they'll let the player decide to kill/pacify the JL, with Diana being the voice of reason to spare them. That's my hope.
    Superman will still have an animated series and live action series, batman will have an animated series and live action movie. I know GL hasnt really had much compared to any other hero but I expect WW to be a constant solo wise somehow outside of comics.

With no animated series

No movie

No DTV

No live action series

That's a feature of DC, not a bug.

Superman will still have an animated series and live action series, batman will have an animated series and live action movie. I know GL hasnt really had much compared to any other hero but I expect WW to be a constant solo wise somehow outside of comics.
    I think I'm beat down from decades of DC treating her like ****, but a movie in the rear view mirror that's less than a year old and event in the comics during the best run she's had in a long time is good enough for me to not think she's getting dunked on.

You're not wrong, to be sure, but when you're used to crumbs, getting scraps feels like a banquet.
    May we never forget:

As a Superman fan I look at what Batman gets and am jealous. How come he gets all this stuff like video games that my guy doesn’t get? Yet Supes has it better right now than everyone else at DC except Batman. WW fans look at Bats and Supes and get jealous. But compare yourselves to Green Arrow who only a little while ago was a hot property at DC. He had a hugely popular TV show, he had a great ongoing comic under Percy, he was getting stuff. Now? Now Arrow fans have nothing. Another case: Hal Jordan. Within the last decade Hal and the GL franchise went from competing with Batman as the top comic franchise to where they are now. They had animated movies and a cartoon! They had events and a “Family” of books! Now there’s a single GL book and it stars John. We fans of the Trinity have it waaaaaay better than anyone outside the Trinity. Not saying your grievances aren’t justified, it’s bullshit that Harley has a cartoon before Wondy, but it’s still pretty good for a non-Bat franchise at DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think I'm beat down from decades of DC treating her like ****, but a movie in the rear view mirror that's less than a year old and event in the comics during the best run she's had in a long time is good enough for me to not think she's getting dunked on.

You're not wrong, to be sure, but when you're used to crumbs, getting scraps feels like a banquet.
    That's still nothing. Specially with a poorly writen and directed movie like WW84, that did WW and specially Cheetah no favor. An injustice movie where SM put her in her place in one heat vision blast. A suicide squad game that will probably be the same way. No cartoon after 80 years. I can't even think about poor Cheetah in the catwoman movie. How are they gonna explain a human fighting somebody that can take hits from WW and cause flash some trouble with her speed? I am almost certain jobbing Cheetah will be the case again. Only good thging recently was WW 780, i didn't like the part where she struggled to lift a boat though, but since they mentioned multiple times that she was tired, i guess i can give them a pass.

Technically speaking, Bartel is amazing, but boy, this pic brings home a point I have always hated about comics art: artists don't know how to (or don't care to) draw non-white women to look like...non-white women. Ugh. There is zero difference in their faces. Basically, 5 white women with two of them "painted" in darker tones.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Technically speaking, Bartel is amazing, but boy, this pic brings home a point I have always hated about comics art: artists don't know how to (or don't care to) draw non-white women to look like...non-white women. Ugh. There is zero difference in their faces. Basically, 5 white women with two of them "painted" in darker tones.
    To paraphrase George Perez: Sameface is for deadlines.

She did a great job with hair texture, but I want to assume if we got a closer image of them, we'd see more distinct facial features. Zooming in, Nubia's features are soft, but they aren't a white woman's per se.
    May we never forget:

Giving it's Suicide Squad (so it will be bad)
    It's made by Rocksteady, so it will be the opposite of bad.

It would be good for the Suicide Squad who are the main characters of this. I don't think any of the other non SS related characters will get a flattering depiction in this.

With no animated series

No movie

No DTV

No live action series

No solo feature but she is still going to show up in DC Superhero Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No solo feature but she is still going to show up in DC Superhero Girls.
    Meh, not good enough for me.