Page 214 of 345 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 5168
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I love the fact that, once again, Diana does NOT look like a generic white woman from Arkansas, with blue eyes and alabaster skin. I love her copper skin tone and her brown eyes and her facial features that kinda make her seem indigenous. However, hate the hair, the tiara, the costume is ugly AF and the armored look is hideous.
    I pretty much echo the Hearth on all counts. Had they taken a little more care with her armour/suit this could be a win. They could have looked to Deva's look if they wanted to go pants but she should not look like she shops at the same store as Deadshot and Harley

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why should they?
    Why shouldn't they? She has only been portrayed that way in TV or Film that way. Preferences may differ, but if we can assume she has been blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite, since most people here like that origin better, then for most people a 'super models' looks would be a safe bet.

As it is, for me, Harley Quinns features look better than Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The problem is Wonder Woman has stereotypical super-model features, don't run from it, embrace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Why shouldn't they? She has only been portrayed that way in TV or Film that way. Preferences may differ, but if we can assume she has been blessed with the beauty of Aphrodite, since most people here like that origin better, then for most people a 'super models' looks would be a safe bet.

As it is, for me, Harley Quinns features look better than Wonder Woman.
    "Beautiful as Aphrodite" still operates under the fact that beauty is subjective.

I'm not wild about the costume (or the entire premise of what will most likely be a pretty stupid game), but Diana's physical appearance isn't an issue. Like HestiasHearth said, she's more visually interesting than just making her a generic looking white supermodel, and are experimenting with giving her the copper skin tone and features.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-25-2023 at 08:06 PM.

I just think a lot of the faces in the game look off and lacking polish, like Lex Luthor.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    "Beautiful as Aphrodite" still operates under the fact that beauty is subjective.

I'm not wild about the costume (or the entire premise of what will most likely be a pretty stupid game), but Diana's physical appearance isn't an issue. Like HestiasHearth said, she's more visually interesting than just making her a generic looking white supermodel, and are experimenting with giving her the copper skin tone and features.
    I never said beauty isn't subjetive. But I am willing to be that most people would operate under a 'Lynda Carter' look or a 'Gal Gadot' look. And neither were generic white looking women to begin with. One being half mexican, the other being middle-eastern.

But sure, let's keeping dropping our standards, at least to my point of view.

Why should they?
    Because that's who she is, I'm a purest. Subjectivity aside Wonder Woman looks a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I never said beauty isn't subjetive. But I am willing to be that most people would operate under a 'Lynda Carter' look or a 'Gal Gadot' look. And neither were generic white looking women to begin with. One being half mexican, the other being middle-eastern.

But sure, let's keeping dropping our standards, at least to my point of view.
    When Gal Gadot was cast, half the responses were that she was too skinny to play Diana. Carter being half-Mexican is not known by most and she had to hide this fact to be accepted in Hollywood. If the internet had existed back then, I can't imagine what kind of comments she'd be getting. Even the Golden Age version - who wasn't gifted with Aphrodite's beauty - wouldn't be considered "super model attractive" by today's standards.

Wanting accuracy for Diana's origin, personality and powers is one thing but something as superficial as her looks doesn't warrant this. Especially when beauty standards are frequently being challenged and discarded.

Because that's who she is, I'm a purest. Subjectivity aside Wonder Woman looks a certain way.
    She has black hair, white skin and dresses in primary colours. What more do you want? The Wonder Woman look most people know isn't even how she was originally drawn.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-26-2023 at 12:52 AM.

When Gal Gadot was cast, half the responses were that she was too skinny to play Diana. Carter being half-Mexican is not known by most and she had to hide this fact to be accepted in Hollywood. If the internet had existed back then, I can't imagine what kind of comments she'd be getting. Even the Golden Age version - who wasn't gifted with Aphrodite's beauty - wouldn't be considered "super model attractive" by today's standards.

Wanting accuracy for Diana's origin, personality and powers is one thing but something as superficial as her looks doesn't warrant this. Especially when beauty standards are frequently being challenged and discarded.

She has black hair, white skin and dresses in primary colours. What more do you want? The Wonder Woman look most people know isn't even how she was originally drawn.
    WW BLUE GA.jpg

WW BLUE.jpg

NICOLA 751.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just think a lot of the faces in the game look off and lacking polish, like Lex Luthor.
    You mean Lex Luthor's stunt double?

Gal herself said she was too thin and did not have enough muscle. I remember Gal "reassuring" us fans through a video that she would indeed put on 25 pounds of muscle and "bulk up" for the role.

I have always known all about Lynda Carter having Mexican heritage, and that is a WONDERful thing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope her face and design are better in her solo game.
    She does look better from what we saw in the teaser

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2023 at 08:44 AM.

I'm curious, do you take issue with Gal Gadot? She looks nothing like any of those (brown eyes, dark brown hair, tan skin).

You could point to so many completely different interpretations from the comics. Even just looking at Nicola Scott you see inconsistency - she's experimented with a few different takes on her, and in Year One she had olive skin and more traditionally Mediterranean features.

Then compare that to, say, Jamal Campbell's or Jen Bartel's:

The Suicide Squad video game model is still a Caucasian woman with black hair and blue eyes (albeit dark blue eyes, but Gal has brown eyes and no one complains about that). Her having slightly darker skin and a stronger nose doesn't change that. I can see someone taking issue with her costume or hairstyle but I don't see what the problem is with the face model.

And I'm not gonna take beauty into the equation here because it's far too subjective. I think the SS:KTJL model is beautiful and find Alex Ross' model really ugly and off-putting, but I'm not gonna say one looks more like Wonder Woman than the other just because I personally find one more attractive.

Fantastic Member

Love how Diana looks in the game! Nice to see a different look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm curious, do you take issue with Gal Gadot?
    Yes, she never really looked like Wonder Woman to me. Diana has blue eyes.

I posted Nicola Scott's retrospective to show if you follow the basic rules concerning her coloring you can alter the features and she's still Wonder Woman. Conversly you can follow all the rules and still get an unattractive version, like Alex Ross did yet she looks cold and unapproachable.

It has less to do with what you personally find attractive and more about what she's supposed to look like.