Page 81 of 343 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 5141

She's never voiced her but I always read Artemis in YJ Cheshire voice. Has kind of the overwhelming arrogance I associate with Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How much should Diana's "royal" status play into being an Amazonian, treated by other Amazons, as a hero, etc...as Princess of Themyscira, should the Bana Queen(s) treat her a certain way?
    Reading Vordan's blog on Superman's main "sin" being wrath/anger had me kind of think what Wonder Woman's equivalent and I figured having something of an ego (even if justified) sounds like it would Diana and a lot other Wonder characters.

In terms of how she's characterized? I liked how Phil Jimenez said it when he described his creative process for WW, regal but not haughty.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Watched Eternals and since Thena/Angelina is their version of Wonder Woman....it continued the WW is a badass but cant fully win against Superman.

Watched Eternals and since Thena/Angelina is their version of Wonder Woman....it continued the WW is a badass but cant fully win against Superman.
    I guess we know the answer to the "would Wonder Woman do better under Disney" debate.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I guess we know the answer to the "would Wonder Woman do better under Disney" debate.
    Yes we know. Carol Danvers is our answer. The character of thena has nothing to do with WW. Unlike Carol Danvers, a character directly inspired by WW. Not to mention that it's DC's fault for turning current WW into generic warrior that heavily depends on weapons to get the job done. Disney actually gave us a real female powerhouse.

Who said it's their WW? Carol Danvers is a character that was inspired by WW more than thena. And we know how Disney turned her into a big powerhouse. While DC and WB keep nerfing WW and make her depend more and more on weapons. If people think she can't win against Syuperman. It's because DC and WB don't respect WW as a powerhouse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Not really, the Eternals dynamic is not comparable with stand-alone characters, and Thena has not even the same type of powers. And as little as i would have trust in Marvel, there are quite a few decades where doing worse for Wonder Woman would require a crazy amount of effort, to actively make her as terrible as possible.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 11-13-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Who said it's their WW? Carol Danvers is a character that was inspired by WW more than thena. And we know how Disney turned her into a big powerhouse. While DC and WB keep nerfing WW and make her depend more and more on weapons. If people think she can't win against Syuperman. It's because DC and WB don't respect WW as a powerhouse.
    Have you watched Eternals? A film that is basically their version of the JL? We have a man who has heat vision and is the strongest, a woman that is practically a warrior goddess, someone with super speed....Thena is far closer to WW than Carol.

Thena is analogous to Wonder Woman in the sense she's an immortal warrior goddess. But, in terms of "lead female hero," Marvel is/has been positioning Carol as their "Wonder Woman."

I don't think Thena is an indicator of how Marvel would treat Diana, but I'm also unconvinced Marvel would treat her any better if they did get the rights to her.

Have you watched Eternals? A film that is basically their version of the JL? We have a man who has heat vision and is the strongest, a woman that is practically a warrior goddess, someone with super speed....Thena is far closer to WW than Carol.
    thena is not far closer to WW than Carol. First of all. thena is not a goddess. And WW is not treated as a real Goddess in current era either. She is just a glorified superman human warrior nowadays. The aliens like Superman are the ones performing crazy power feats like a God. And unlike thena, WW also has super strength, super speed, durability etc like Carol Danvers. Carol was also directly influenced by WW when she was created as a character. thena's powers are nothing like WW.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 11-14-2021 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Thena is analogous to Wonder Woman in the sense she's an immortal warrior goddess. But, in terms of "lead female hero," Marvel is/has been positioning Carol as their "Wonder Woman."

I don't think Thena is an indicator of how Marvel would treat Diana, but I'm also unconvinced Marvel would treat her any better if they did get the rights to her.
    Those words need to stop being taken so lightly in the comic realm. thena did nothing impressive. And can't be immortal when we know for a fact they all can be hurt, feel pain and die. It's the same problem Diana has nowadays. We get a lot of lipservice about how she is an ''immortal goddess''. But the actual performances they give her are neither immortal nor very god like.

Wasn't Thena afflicted with a madness specific to the Eternals?

Thena didn't even have a big role in the movie. Sersi and Ikaris were the leads. It looks like they're saving the Eternals who didn't have a lot of screen time in the first movie for a follow up appearance.

Actually, the character in Eternals that reminded me of Wonder Woman was Sersi. Not the version of Qonder Woman that I like, but the version that George Perez and Phil Jiménez wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wait WHAT? Now I want to know

Disney would do with WW the same thing that WB does. Didn't Carol/CM struggle with Thanos, while Marvel's golden child Captain America actually withstood a punch from the mad Titan without being turned to mincemeat? And wasn't Iron Man, not Carol or any of the female Avengers, who saved the day in the end? Let's not act as if the MCU is any better. Well, maybe a little better, but not that much.