Page 41 of 343 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WW on the new WB Studios Tour Banner

The Snyderstan subsegment of the Twitterverse is so pissed at that banner. You should see all the virtual huffing and puffing because WB had the nerve (and the "disrespect") to include the DCEU's WW, Aquaman, and HQ but not Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman. These people truly do not understand that Robbie's Harley, Gadot's Wonder Woman, and Momoa's Aquaman are the three most popular characters to emerge from the DCEU, and that general audiences truly took to them, while Cavill and Affleck simply did not connect. And I am happy for that. It's good to have Diana beat Batman and Superman for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The Snyderstan subsegment of the Twitterverse is so pissed at that banner. You should see all the virtual huffing and puffing because WB had the nerve (and the "disrespect") to include the DCEU's WW, Aquaman, and HQ but not Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman. These people truly do not understand that Robbie's Harley, Gadot's Wonder Woman, and Momoa's Aquaman are the three most popular characters to emerge from the DCEU, and that general audiences truly took to them, while Cavill and Affleck simply did not connect. And I am happy for that. It's good to have Diana beat Batman and Superman for a change.
    #ReleaseTheSnyderBillboard

She didn't beat them, they're there front and center while she's looking off to the side with Aquaman. It's the wrong versions of them though and WB was very petty for replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't know that resume was ridiculous. Choking out Phoenix, beating Fin Fang Foom and the Destroyer, turning other big name enemies into stone, using the Siege Perilous and the Bifrost as weapons, it was a lot. Plus the Chain of Veracity and No Blade trump the Lasso of Truth and Diana's invisible jet. I don't like it at all.

Zarda is exactly why I don't want Hippolyta in purple like everyone else, it's too much like Power Princess. Though if she wore white and gold exclusively she'd be dressed like Marvel's Hippolyta so that's no bueno as well. As a DC fan it's easy to hate Marvel right now.
    In fairness, most people don't know who Power Princess is and she's a pretty minor character in the Marvel universe. If anything, people are more likely to think Power Princess is ripping off Hippolyta in addition to Diana.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-22-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, most people don't know who Power Princess is and she's a pretty minor character in the Marvel universe. If anything, people are more likely to think Power Princess is ripping off Hippolyta in addition to Diana.
    That's simply not true, outside of WW fans most people don't know who Hippolyta is, especially being that her live action and comic iterations look vastly different.

In Wonder Woman 776 Diana visits Fairyland. Do you guys think there will be references to A Midsummer Night's Dream? I've never read it but doesn't it involve the marriage of Hippolyta and Theseus? (As well as fairies)

That's simply not true, outside of WW fans most people don't know who Hippolyta is, especially being that her live action and comic iterations look vastly different.
    Not knowing who Hippolyta is and not knowing what she looks like in the comics are two different things. Even fewer people know who Power Princess is.

Like I said, Zarda is already a ripoff anyway.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-22-2021 at 08:01 PM.

She didn't beat them, they're there front and center while she's looking off to the side with Aquaman. It's the wrong versions of them though and WB was very petty for replacing them.
    If WB was petty for replacing Cavill and Affleck with the two most beloved versions of Batman and Superman, I am glad they were. Cavill and Affleck did not captivate audiences like Gadot, Robbie, and Momoa did, let alone like Keaton and Reeve did. It is a proven fact. And the films in which Snyder's iterations of Batman and Superman debuted were both critically reviled box office underperformers.
    WB did what they had to do.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-22-2021 at 08:11 PM.

If WB was petty for replacing Cavill and Affleck with the two most beloved versions of Batman and Superman, I am glad they were. Cavill and Affleck did not captivate audiences like Gadot, Robbie, and Momoa did, let alone like Keaton and Reeve did. It is a proven fact. And the films in which Snyder's iterations of Batman and Superman debuted were both critically reviled box office underperformers.
    You may want to re-check that.

Either way, this is neither the time nor place for this conversation so maybe we can just drop it.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-22-2021 at 08:11 PM.

It was petty and disrespectful and something WB didn't have to do. Either go with modernity or nostalgia but don't do both just to upset Snyder fans.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-24-2021 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not knowing who Hippolyta is and not knowing what she looks like in the comics are two different things. Even fewer people know who Power Princess is.

Like I said, Zarda is already a ripoff anyway.
    People keep thinking she’s WW every time they see her anyway lol. They’re not going to look at Hippolyta and think she’s “ripping off” Power Princess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

She’s on a bus in The Flash movie.

Superman and Batman are not in the center, Harley and the blank red board are at the center. Unless you are not counting the other 4 characters on the other side.

And if you are only looking at the DC side, then only Batman is at the center while Wonder Woman and Superman are in the same position with Harley and Aquaman being last.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed at the visual imbalance of four HP characters and five DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Honestly, I'm more annoyed at the visual imbalance of four HP characters and five DC characters.
    Yeah, Voldemort deserves to be up there. He’s BFF’s with Harley’s boyfriend the Joker, I see them hanging in the Villian’s Pub all the time!