Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345
Results 5,161 to 5,172 of 5172

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this his own experience with the mythos?

Also that one Amazon next to Hippolyta seems very underdressed .
    I was gonna say the same thing: even though Jimenez is of Mexican descent, he is still an American-born man whose upbringing in America leaned towards the privilege afforded to a white man in a large urban center (he has addessed this himself https://www.cbr.com/the-color-barrie...being-diverse/). However, the kid in the illustration seems to be an artist-in-the-making (look at all the papers and crayons[?] on the floor, and seems to be living in a place where it's common to have cinder blocks holding up a table on which a TV set sits. Cinder blocks are very normal materials to build homes in Latin America and the Caribbean, so I assume that the kid in the drawing is maybe Hispanic and inspired by Jimenez himself.

Why you assume? I mean, literally it say this:

...an unmissable autobiographical story written by industry legend Phil Jimenez about the fantastical worlds that shaped him, brought to life by Giulio Macaione and Frank Cvetkovic;...

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I always enjoy looking at the side by side of their two costumes. It's like they ran out of money in the middle of designing Drusilla's.
    LOL!

Ran out of money AND ideas.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I always enjoy looking at the side by side of their two costumes. It's like they ran out of money in the middle of designing Drusilla's.
    nah, looks to me like they wanted Drusilla's outfit to be simpler, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    nah, looks to me like they wanted Drusilla's outfit to be simpler, that's all.
    The rumor from Debra Winger is it was an edict from Lynda Carter. You can't have a guest-star visually competing with the lead. Notice she has less of everything, costume decoration, hair, even her tan, but Debra Winger is an unreliable source. She practically ruined her career by talking trash about her co-stars. Shirley MacLaine still probably hates her.

The rumor from Debra Winger is it was an edict from Lynda Carter. You can't have a guest-star visually competing with the lead. Notice she has less of everything, costume decoration, hair, even her tan, but Debra Winger is an unreliable source. She practically ruined her career by talking trash about her co-stars. Shirley MacLaine still probably hates her.
    This is the same era where being the "star" of a show had major industry clout behind it.... I can kinda believe that. There's a similar story from Star Trek about William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy competing to determine whether Kirk or Spock got more screentime.

Also, this thing from Star Trek came out after Leonard Nimoy was doing his kindly elderly gentleman routine and trying to look like he was nice to everyone he ever worked with. Lynda Carter also tried to cultivate an image of her beign someone great to work with and so on..... having someone say bad things about her... especially if they're true, would seriously hurt that image.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-27-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Why you assume? I mean, literally it say this:
    I am assuming because all I am seeing is the pic I am attaching PRIDE.jpg. I don't see any link there, and that text you just quoted is something I had not seen anywhere until you brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And how is it particularly relevant today? Outside of an occasional throwback story in an anthology or Dr. Cyber (who pretty much has no relation to the original version of the character) complaining about this era of WW is like a Batman fan still thinking "Adam West ruined Batman!" is a searing hot take.

WW being written as a blood thirsty warrior who needs to be called out by Superman or Batman for her moral failures is far more pernicious and relevant than anything leftover from the Mod era.
    Well acquitted.

It looks like a composite TV adaptation of Wonder Girl's costumes from the comics of the time. The boots are shiny and look contemporary to the 60s or 70s -I've wondered what it might've looked like, if the boots had been velvety, like Lynda's. The blue of their shorts clearly doesn't match, but the lighter hue would've made DW's butt look fatter; so...

I don't think they ran out of money. I think the designer made some questionable decisions on the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Holliday Girls as a biker gang kind of misses the point of the Holliday Girls. They were used in action stories yes,

But the most important thing about them was that they were being trained by Diana to have all the lessons that the amazons learned. They were learning about science and philosophy, and yes, physical training. This was about creating a system where women pushed themselves to be the best versions of themselves, and helped others do the same
    Biker Gang Holliday Girls...? No, no. Slim-proved Etta...? Triple no.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-27-2024 at 11:50 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My general pitch if DC went all out on the WW line

Wonder Woman - King/Sampere, current day more grounded series

Immortal Wonder Woman - Simone/Scott exploring the more mystical/mythological side of Diana and the fam

Artemis: Requiem - Ayala/Patridge, the darker side of everything WW/AMazons. Artemis hunting down monsters that have escaped Dooms Doorway

The Sensational Amazons - McKinney/Martinez, Nubia/Io/Phillipus take center stage as they lead the Amazons through political upheaval, invasions and more

Fury: Champion of the Gods - Rucka/Mora, Cassie is called upon to become a champion of her Greek Gods lineage. unbeknownst to her as Ares pulls the strings all the while trying to live life as a 20yr old. Buffy meets Greek mythology.

The Almighty Wonder Girl - J.Jones/,Sauvage, Come on the adventure of the lifetime as Yara learns what it is to be a hero not only to the AMazons but to the world. She'll uncover the secrets of her lineage while introducing herself to the DC universe at large

The Wonder of Donna Troy - jimenez/jimenez, see the world of the Amazons/Titans/DC through the lens of Donna Troy as she attempts to stop the bleeding of multiverse
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-28-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Biker Gang Holliday Girls...? No, no. Slim-proved Etta...? Triple no.
    I mean... making Crush one of the Holliday girls is just weird....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... making Crush one of the Holliday girls is just weird....
    Totally weird.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    My general pitch if DC went all out on the WW line

Wonder Woman - King/Sampere, current day more grounded series

Immortal Wonder Woman - Simone/Scott exploring the more mystical/mythological side of Diana and the fam

Artemis: Requiem - Ayala/Patridge, the darker side of everything WW/AMazons. Artemis hunting down monsters that have escaped Dooms Doorway

The Sensational Amazons - McKinney/Martinez, Nubia/Io/Phillipus take center stage as they lead the Amazons through political upheaval, invasions and more

Fury: Champion of the Gods - Rucka/Mora, Cassie is called upon to become a champion of her Greek Gods lineage. unbeknownst to her as Ares pulls the strings all the while trying to live life as a 20yr old. Buffy meets Greek mythology.

The Almighty Wonder Girl - J.Jones/,Sauvage, Come on the adventure of the lifetime as Yara learns what it is to be a hero not only to the AMazons but to the world. She'll uncover the secrets of her lineage while introducing herself to the DC universe at large

The Wonder of Donna Troy - jimenez/jimenez, see the world of the Amazons/Titans/DC through the lens of Donna Troy as she attempts to stop the bleeding of multiverse
    This isn't bad at all.