Page 338 of 345 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5172

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Hush is often mentioned as a good entry level story for Batman because it showcases lots of characters, is mostly standalone and has great art. So I guess implication is that this is expected to be entry level run for WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    From what we have seen so far I would say it is a good entry level for WW. Shows some of her villains and they get explained fast and easy, shows Steve Trevor and the Wonder Girls with their personalities. The only thing yet is not a good showing for her pacifist/ambassador of peace side. But still that has come through here and there, but not like in a big way.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Like I said, maybe I'm thinking too much but just something that occurred to me was I was reading through parts of Hush a few days ago.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Like I said, maybe I'm thinking too much but just something that occurred to me was I was reading through parts of Hush a few days ago.
    Yeah, I agree with what you said. It was supposed to be a reply to you.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Zack Snyder Explains Scrapped Wonder Woman 1854 Story: ‘We Talked About It So Much’ – Exclusive
    Wonder Woman 1854
    By Ben Travis | Published35 Minutes Ago
    Throughout the course of the DCEU, we saw Wonder Woman in a variety of environments – in her native home of Themiscyra with the Amazons; fighting through the battlefields of World War I with Steve Trevor; living in 1980s USA in Wonder Woman 1984; and battling alongside Batman and Superman in the present-day in Justice League. But, once upon a time, there was an idea to present a different kind of early Wonder Woman story – one that would have seen her fighting in the Crimean War in the 1800s. All that came of the possible project – dubbed ‘Wonder Woman 1854’ – was an image that Snyder shared on social media, with Gal Gadot’s Diana Prince surrounded by soldiers and… er, holding three severed heads.

In Empire’s major new interview with Snyder – in The Acolyte issue – we posed him your reader questions. And among them came up the topic of Wonder Woman 1854, and what it might have been. Allow Snyder himself to explain. “The idea of that was an early riff we were doing: once Wonder Woman left the island in search of Ares, what happened to her in her different incarnations?” he states. “My idea for it was that she would travel around the world looking for Ares and she would go to every place where there was conflict.”

The resulting story would have been a combination of love and war. “On those battlefields she found these lovers, warriors, and they would age out because she is immortal,” he elaborates. “They would be her lover for ten years or they might die in battle, and it was probably sad for a lot of the guys because they would see her starting to be nice to the next young soldier and be like, ‘Oh, I’m being replaced.’ But all the guys that she had with her were those loyal warriors she found on the battlefields all over the world.”

Ultimately, the story would have led Diana to Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor. “We talked about if Steve Trevor was there in Crimea,” Snyder confirms. Instead, Wonder Woman’s journey through the Snyder-verse took another path – but that one shot, from Stephen Berkman, remained. “It was never a screenplay, but we talked about it so much that it kind of had its own life.” There you have it: wonder no more.
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ory-exclusive/

The resulting story would have been a combination of love and war. “On those battlefields she found these lovers, warriors, and they would age out because she is immortal,” he elaborates. “They would be her lover for ten years or they might die in battle, and it was probably sad for a lot of the guys because they would see her starting to be nice to the next young soldier and be like, ‘Oh, I’m being replaced.’ But all the guys that she had with her were those loyal warriors she found on the battlefields all over the world.”
    Literally barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Literally barf.
    Same.
    It's basically a 12-year-old-fanboy fantasy; a badass warrior chick who f***s her fellow [male] warriors and decapitates her enemies (and then carries their severed heads with her like trophies).
    I mean, isn't that the essence of who Wonder Woman is? [sarcasm]
    Hack Snyder...fundamentally misunderstanding/misrepresenting superheroes since 2013.

So he wanted to make Highlander, but with an Amazon.

In fairness, that could make for an interesting one-off Elseworlds...ideally made with someone who has a better understanding of the character...but not the mainline Wonder Woman in what would've been her first live action movie.

And then you have some people here defending him.

(I do like the fact that Diana moves from place to place, exploring the world, but not to decapitate people, and the various people she would fall in love with would be people that create, not kill)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's very in line w/Snyder wanting Bruce/Lois to hook up. Lois have his baby and Clark raise the baby after Bruce dies.

While never ideal...you at least want enough "faithful" adaptions of a character in any medium before trying something so extreme

And there's still cultists who cling to their conspiracy theory Snyder ghost directed Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

It's very in line w/Snyder wanting Bruce/Lois to hook up. Lois have his baby and Clark raise the baby after Bruce dies.

While never ideal...you at least want enough "faithful" adaptions of a character in any medium before trying something so extreme
    Apparently all of that came from Snyder's passion for the 80s movie Excalibur. He wanted to recreate the origin of Arthur, which has nothing to do with Superman or Batman

Im probably going to get angry after reading this, so I'll just ignore it's whole existence

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Same.
    It's basically a 12-year-old-fanboy fantasy; a badass warrior chick who f***s her fellow [male] warriors and decapitates her enemies (and then carries their severed heads with her like trophies).
    I mean, isn't that the essence of who Wonder Woman is? [sarcasm]
    Hack Snyder...fundamentally misunderstanding/misrepresenting superheroes since 2013.
    You said that!

...I mean....seriously?? How was that even considered as a storyline!?

I just don't understand how this accomplished grown man can have an idea like that and not immediately think "Hmmm...maybe this is not representative of the female experience at all, just my own narrow male point of view."

Cripes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It fits with Snyder's whole obsession with presenting the heroes as "Gods unconnected to their humanity"

In this Diana is an immortal who takes an endless string of lovers like Aphrodite or something.

Snyder was better off with his own IP's (and even he can't really sell those properly).