Page 90 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5132

Another one for the Take It With A Grain of Salt files: Jason Momoa's Aquaman [May Be] Appearing in Wonder Woman 3 [?]

Some tidbits that are intriguing (yet, concerning to me):

Remember Arion? He might be the villain. All the wiki pages I see claim he is an old hero of both amazonian and atlantean lore (but nobody expands on the amazonian part. Any WW historians here know anything about this? I had never heard of Arion being a part of amazon history before.

Also...if these rumours are true, no Circe as the villain? Hmm.

Also, WTF...if they have to bring in Momoa's Aquaman (which I am not against) and ignore Circe in favor of another, much less known villain (which I am definitely against) why not Queen Clea?

Third I am not crazy about this part of the report (and I know that mystical41 won't like this either): "When Arion decisively defeats Wonder Woman and further puts an alliance between the Amazons and Atlantis at risk, she goes to Aquaman to assist her."

That is not necessarily a scenario that thrills me.
    Granted, this plot could be explosively action-packed (something that WW84 lacked) and Momoa's billion-dollar-level popular Aquaman could be an asset for the box office prospects of WW3, but I don't know. I gotta be positive. In any case, the final product won't fail or succeed based on who the villains are necessarily. The screenplay needs to be top notch, obviously. Whatever happens, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best...

I'm not going to take this with anything.

It's a dumb click bait article better left ignored. They just want to incite outrage and reactions for clicks.

The original scarped plot for Justice League 3 was to have Aquaman and Wonder Woman take their respective thrones and lead their people into battle despite having once been enemies (or something).

Maybe someone is trying to make that plot-thread fit into Wonder Woman 3 (under the assumption this article has any sense of truth to it, thought it sounds like a load of hog-wash to me).
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

It's not worth anyone's time or energy.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

How can they be so sure that AQ is going to be in it?

Hope it isn't truth. WW3 needs to be about WW and her lore. If not then the curse will carry over from the comics and other media. Where we can hardly have WW content solely focused on her.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Doubt Patty Jenkins will allow Aquaman into Wonder Woman 3. She don't let studios dictate what to do as seen by her walking out of Marvel and Star Wars projects.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Doubt Patty Jenkins will allow Aquaman into Wonder Woman 3. She don't let studios dictate what to do as seen by her walking out of Marvel and Star Wars projects.
    And we got the disaster called WW84!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    "Disaster". And that doesn't nullify all the good work she's done before.

Amazing Member

That's so true.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's not worth anyone's time or energy.
    Exactly. Nuff said.

She also gave us the amazing (and amazingly well received) Wonder Woman (2017)!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    She also gave us the amazing (and amazingly well received) Wonder Woman (2017)!
    Never said anything about the first movie, but Patty was not in control of that movie like she was for WW84

Never said anything about the first movie, but Patty was not in control of that movie like she was for WW84
    She directed it and it was a critical and financial triumph. I celebrate her for giving us a beloved film that happens to star our favorite Themysciran amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    She directed it and it was a critical and financial triumph. I celebrate her for giving us a beloved film that happens to star our favorite Themysciran amazon.
    You seem to be missing the point. In the first movie she did not have the control she did like in the 2nd movie, and one movie turned out great while the other should never have been made, or at least been rewritten a dozen times before coming out with that turd of a product.

So, yes, I have always agreed with anyone who says the first movie was good, but what changed between the first and second movie? Articles I have read have stated 'Ultimately the film-maker got to make the Wonder Woman movie she wanted to make, without any studio interference – again, a rare achievement in Hollywood', so why was the 2nd effort so bad? I can only attribute it to that Patty had full control of the picture unlike the first one and she wrote it to boot.

So, here is hoping she leaves herself only to directing duties, they hire top notch writers (not Patty) and hire great action directors to help her with that aspect of the flim.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

If patty jenkins has full control over WW3. THen i wouldn't hold my breath expecting great things from that film. Not in terms of powerhouse action and entertainment value. She literally has 0 evidence of being capable of handling those aspects of a super hero film. WW84 totally lacked all that. And WW17 only had no man's land. Which was good but still not on the level of the type of epěc vibe and power, that a character like WW needs to have. So if she has full control. Then i'm expecting another flop.