Page 286 of 346 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5178

Only KSD interests me because she hasn’t written a “proper” WW focused story, but none of the rest should do it. For a new take you should get a writer who has never written Diana in a solo capacity before and the best choices for that are both named Kelly amusingly enough: KSD and Kelly Thompson.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only KSD interests me because she hasn’t written a “proper” WW focused story, but none of the rest should do it. For a new take you should get a writer who has never written Diana in a solo capacity before and the best choices for that are both named Kelly amusingly enough: KSD and Kelly Thompson.
    I think Thompson might be pretty likely since Wonder Woman is one of her favorite characters, she just got done writing Marvel's "premier" female Superhero, and it wouldn't get in the way of King's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Thompson might be pretty likely since Wonder Woman is one of her favorite characters, she just got done writing Marvel's "premier" female Superhero, and it wouldn't get in the way of King's run.
    That’s why I mentioned her. She successfully got Carol’s solo book to 50 issues without relaunches, she is a Diana fan, and she’s a woman. Also she likely wants the job whereas KSD has said she doesn’t want to write a WW book
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, I definitely understand wanting new blood. I'd absolutely love to see Kelly Thompson as well and can't wait to see her take on Diana in BOP. Would be great to kick things off with a woman, plus she's one of the few active writers out there regardless of gender who's a big talent with a lot of hype and an outspoken WW fan.

An all-women creative dream team for me would be Kelly Thompson, Bilquis Evely, and Jordie Bellaire, though I get why people would want an artist who hasn't pencilled the ongoing before.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Definitely want to take this with a grain of salt because it's not exactly a reputable source (Bleeding Cool, reporting NYCC gossip) but it looks like there's a rumor about DC starting their own spin on the "Ultimate Universe": https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...-scott-snyder/

Got me thinking - if they were going to start an alternate DCU with more creator control and establish a new canon from the ground up, which writer(s) would you like to see in charge of WW?

My picks:

- Kelly Sue DeConnick: Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they just put Historia in the new universe as the canon lore and built everything out from there.

- Phil Jimenez: An obvious choice for a reason - he's sort of like the Mark Waid of WW, though his approach is much more academic. I think he'd take an interesting mix of elements from Pre- and Post-Crisis, lean into the queerness of her world (in the political sense that he often uses it, not just the sexual orientation sense), and make something cool and unique that felt distinct from main continuity but still felt familiar.

- Steve Orlando: Tbh I think he'd take a very similar approach to Phil Jimenez but he's a much more realistic choice.

- Gail Simone: I actually think she's a very likely contender because of the 3 working writers most closely associated with Diana (her, Rucka, Jimenez), she's the only one I could definitely see writing a new DC ongoing or maxi-series. I think she'd very much go to the Perez roots rather than doing something brand new like Jimenez or Orlando would, but she'd put a fun spin on things as she always does and I think she'd do an amazing job setting up a strong supporting cast and foundation.
    Hmm, Simone would be interesting. Being able to a WW book that didn't have to deal with the status quo left by bad events. I enjoyed that Conan crossover she did did for that reason.

Think DeConnick is unlikely, though maybe she'd be tempted by being able to set the ground for WW how she'd want it done.

Kelly Thompson maybe for someone who hasn't written WW before (at leas that I'm aware of).

I really don't care who the next writer is. All I want is someone who can handle a medium sized cast without shortchanging Diana, put the Amazons back in the background again, and build up her supporting cast. And I mean Steve, Candy, Donna, Cassie, and Vanessa. Let the Amazons have an embassy back and have Vanessa and Candy work there, with a small group of Amazons. Let Steve be her contact with the U.S. government. And let Donna be her closest confidant.
    I would want the new writer to be able to put their stamp on her legacy by creating a new villain, if they want. But I would rather they use the wealth of villainy that her rogues bring. Bring back Queen Clea. Make something out of Villainy Inc. Use Dr. Cyber creatively. Bring on the Queen of Fables. I wouldn't mind seeing the First Born again (with some updating). Have Devastation live up to her initial promise. Stop using her villains like jokes. I hate seeing her defeat them within two panels at the start of a storyline as a set up to something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I really don't care who the next writer is. All I want is someone who can handle a medium sized cast without shortchanging Diana, put the Amazons back in the background again, and build up her supporting cast. And I mean Steve, Candy, Donna, Cassie, and Vanessa. Let the Amazons have an embassy back and have Vanessa and Candy work there, with a small group of Amazons. Let Steve be her contact with the U.S. government. And let Donna be her closest confidant.
    I would want the new writer to be able to put their stamp on her legacy by creating a new villain, if they want. But I would rather they use the wealth of villainy that her rogues bring. Bring back Queen Clea. Make something out of Villainy Inc. Use Dr. Cyber creatively. Bring on the Queen of Fables. I wouldn't mind seeing the First Born again (with some updating). Have Devastation live up to her initial promise. Stop using her villains like jokes. I hate seeing her defeat them within two panels at the start of a storyline as a set up to something bigger.
    The Amazons have been in the background for most of her post crisis history, if not further back. The last run to focus heavily on them was Jiminez.

Definitely want to take this with a grain of salt because it's not exactly a reputable source (Bleeding Cool, reporting NYCC gossip) but it looks like there's a rumor about DC starting their own spin on the "Ultimate Universe": https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...-scott-snyder/

Got me thinking - if they were going to start an alternate DCU with more creator control and establish a new canon from the ground up, which writer(s) would you like to see in charge of WW?

My picks:

- Kelly Sue DeConnick: Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they just put Historia in the new universe as the canon lore and built everything out from there.

- Phil Jimenez: An obvious choice for a reason - he's sort of like the Mark Waid of WW, though his approach is much more academic. I think he'd take an interesting mix of elements from Pre- and Post-Crisis, lean into the queerness of her world (in the political sense that he often uses it, not just the sexual orientation sense), and make something cool and unique that felt distinct from main continuity but still felt familiar.

- Steve Orlando: Tbh I think he'd take a very similar approach to Phil Jimenez but he's a much more realistic choice.

- Gail Simone: I actually think she's a very likely contender because of the 3 working writers most closely associated with Diana (her, Rucka, Jimenez), she's the only one I could definitely see writing a new DC ongoing or maxi-series. I think she'd very much go to the Perez roots rather than doing something brand new like Jimenez or Orlando would, but she'd put a fun spin on things as she always does and I think she'd do an amazing job setting up a strong supporting cast and foundation.
    I'd only trust Rucka, Jimenez & Orlando, or possibly KSD. I already know I'd dislike Gail's take, because I don't get her sense of humor or her voice for Diana.

Now that I think about it, if the new universe actually does happen and Scott Snyder is spearheading it, the most likely outcome is that he's gonna do WW. He really digs her and he's wanted to do a run on her book for ages.

I'd be nervous if he took her on because he kinda seems like he digs the n52 flavor of her world (though his take on Diana herself has always been fine), but he hasn't said all that much on the matter and if he's the architect of the new universe she definitely won't be overlooked.

If Snyder's involved, he's probably gonna double down on her being around since the WWII and daddy Zeus.

Now that I think about it, if the new universe actually does happen and Scott Snyder is spearheading it, the most likely outcome is that he's gonna do WW. He really digs her and he's wanted to do a run on her book for ages.

I'd be nervous if he took her on because he kinda seems like he digs the n52 flavor of her world (though his take on Diana herself has always been fine), but he hasn't said all that much on the matter and if he's the architect of the new universe she definitely won't be overlooked.
    It would definitely be either Superman or Wonder Woman. Apparently Snyder talked to someone about his plans and from what that person shared on Reddit, it was Superman that Snyder seemed intent on writing. He may do both or that person may be lying/wrong however, but I’m leaning towards Supes both because it synergizes with Gunn kicking off his cinematic universe with Superman, and because his work towards the end of his DC tenure seemed to point in that direction.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think I've ever liked anything I've read by Scott Snyder. So I don't want him for either WW or Superman, but I guess I'd prefer the latter if I have to pick since Clark is more likely to get good stuff elsewhere. Too bad it wouldn't be Morrison picking up where their Actions Comics run left off

Thompson would be good for some fresh blood, but I would always be open to Jimenez or Simone coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think I've ever liked anything I've read by Scott Snyder. So I don't want him for either WW or Superman, but I guess I'd prefer the latter if I have to pick since Clark is more likely to get good stuff elsewhere. Too bad it wouldn't be Morrison picking up where their Actions Comics run left off

Thompson would be good for some fresh blood, but I would always be open to Jimenez or Simone coming back.
    Same for me. Though I somewhat prefer Jiminez to Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, Simone would be interesting. Being able to a WW book that didn't have to deal with the status quo left by bad events. I enjoyed that Conan crossover she did did for that reason.
    No, she'll still find a way to fit monkeys or scatological humor in there, just for the sake of being "whacky".

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Same for me. Though I somewhat prefer Jiminez to Simone.
    Yeah, I would put them in that order too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No, she'll still find a way to fit monkeys or scatological humor in there, just for the sake of being "whacky".
    She had one throw away joke about poop in her first run and it only related to the moneys. So this seems like a weird exaggeration