Page 324 of 345 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5166

I initially dismissed it as typical DC stupidity, but it actually is rather dumb that there's apparently no Wonder Woman rogue involved with Waller's Absolute Power scheme considering it involves robbing the heroes of their powers. You'd think, given Diana's magic/divine powers, it would behoove Amanda to have a magic-based villain who knows Diana well enough to screw with her powers as opposed to Brainiac and Batman's other, other contingency plan screw-up.

This can only mean we're going to get treated to Mark Waid contriving some nonsense explanation that will probably make zero sense, if not completely misinterpret Diana's abilities.
    I mean this is the same guy who had Batman's brilliant contingency for Wonder Woman be "shoot a VR chip into her brain that makes her think she's fighting an unbeatable opponent, thus he competitive nature will drive her to overexert herself and die."

This is gonna suck so bad.

Wait, that robot is another Batman contingency plan gone wrong?

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I initially dismissed it as typical DC stupidity, but it actually is rather dumb that there's apparently no Wonder Woman rogue involved with Waller's Absolute Power scheme considering it involves robbing the heroes of their powers. You'd think, given Diana's magic/divine powers, it would behoove Amanda to have a magic-based villain who knows Diana well enough to screw with her powers as opposed to Brainiac and Batman's other, other contingency plan screw-up.

This can only mean we're going to get treated to Mark Waid contriving some nonsense explanation that will probably make zero sense, if not completely misinterpret Diana's abilities.
    I mean this is the same guy who had Batman's brilliant contingency for Wonder Woman be "shoot a VR chip into her brain that makes her think she's fighting an unbeatable opponent, thus he competitive nature will drive her to overexert herself and die."

This is gonna suck so bad.
    I think the main issue is Sovereign wouldn't make a good visual or might be wrapped up by the time this is starting.

Brainiac Queen and Zur-Bats is building off of stuff going on in those respective franchises, King might not have wanted any of his stuff involved.

Of course since you don’t like Waid Guy, I would say you probably wouldn’t enjoy anything he’d do with any Wondy villain anyway.

As a guy who does feel more positively towards Waid I do wish we could have had Cyber involved. She was the best revamp of Rucka’s run and no one has exploited her full potential since!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the main issue is Sovereign wouldn't make a good visual or might be wrapped up by the time this is starting.

Brainiac Queen and Zur-Bats is building off of stuff going on in those respective franchises, King might not have wanted any of his stuff involved.
    Yes my hunch is King didn’t want to “waste” Sov on this. Or, they might be saving Sov to be the Big Bad of his own event, King did say he wanted his run to impact the entire DCU, that’s why he came back to the mainline after being at BL for so long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, I haven't followed it that close, but apparently Bats subconsciously created Failsafe as yet another contingency to defeat and humiliate his allies if they step out of line. And, just like the other times, it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course since you don’t like Waid Guy, I would say you probably wouldn’t enjoy anything he’d do with any Wondy villain anyway.
    Got me there.

That reminds me--slight tangent--during the recent World's Finest arc, I saw some people saying Waid might use it as a chance to address or rectify how he wrote her during Kingdom Come. Of course he didn't, nor did I expect him to, but what if he had tried? Does anyone believe it would've amounted to any more than Superman and Batman lecturing her about how killing is always wrong and she should feel bad about herself?

Maybe it's better he left it at Darkseid smashing her into the ground and her sulking in the background...which, since I'm already complaining, seems to have become Waid's go-to way of avoiding having to write Diana any more than he needs: have the villain immediately crush her, sometimes off-panel, so the real heroes can save the day instead.

I'm sorry, but a measly Silver Age throwback in the 80th anniversary book doesn't impress me.

Anyway...back to my original point, at least magic might be a better explanation than whatever "clever" nonsense he conjures up to negate Diana's powers.

Or maybe it wouldn't. There is no bottom.

All I know is Batman fans give Spider-Man fans a run for their money in terms of hating the main Batman/Spider-Man writer but yet still buy their book in massive numbers anyway.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-23-2024 at 05:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah, I haven't followed it that close, but apparently Bats subconsciously created Failsafe as yet another contingency to defeat and humiliate his allies if they step out of line. And, just like the other times, it backfired.
    Technically Failsafe was a contingency towards himself which it later revealed it was never intentionally made by him.

It was the creation of Zur, an artificial personality created by Batman who has since run wild and created Failsafe so he can transplant his mind into the robot so he can gain a body into the physical world without Batman holding him back.

Got me there.

That reminds me--slight tangent--during the recent World's Finest arc, I saw some people saying Waid might use it as a chance to address or rectify how he wrote her during Kingdom Come. Of course he didn't, nor did I expect him to, but what if he had tried? Does anyone believe it would've amounted to any more than Superman and Batman lecturing her about how killing is always wrong and she should feel bad about herself?

Maybe it's better he left it at Darkseid smashing her into the ground and her sulking in the background...which, since I'm already complaining, seems to have become Waid's go-to way of avoiding having to write Diana any more than he needs: have the villain immediately crush her, sometimes off-panel, so the real heroes can save the day instead.

I'm sorry, but a measly Silver Age throwback in the 80th anniversary book doesn't impress me.

Anyway...back to my original point, at least magic might be a better explanation than whatever "clever" nonsense he conjures up to negate Diana's powers.

Or maybe it wouldn't. There is no bottom.
    No one defeated Darkseid in that fight, you're getting stuff wrong. He trashed literally everyone, including both Supermen as they were nothing to him, and he was about to accomplish his goal of gaining an anti-life equation from Gog's mind. He was only stopped by Magog murdering Gog before Darkseid had a chance to read his mind.

What follows is everyone giving Magog grief for what he did. Absolutely no one gave any shade to Wonder Woman, and she was just as horrified as everyone else at what Magog did because he killed someone.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-23-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Technically Failsafe was a contingency towards himself which it later revealed it was never intentionally made by him.

It was the creation of Zur, an artificial personality created by Batman who has since run wild and created Failsafe so he can transplant his mind into the robot so he can gain a body into the physical world without Batman holding him back.
    Huh.

I genuinely don't know if that explanation makes it better or worse.

Huh.

I genuinely don't know if that explanation makes it better or worse.
    Yeah Darkseid utterly wrecked both Supermen:

Haha I love that he freaking stepped on Clark’s body on the way to Gog. My opinion is Darkseid is not someone any single Leaguer can beat one on one. Hell even all together it should be a close thing. Mongul is the villain for Superman you can use for a pure physical brawl between a hero and a villain, and Grail is now the one you can use for Wonder Woman, but Darkseid should demand more effort. Darkseid wrecking everyone is fine with me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not sure how Darkseid wrecking other heroes invalidates my point that Waid's Wonder Woman is functionally useless in his plots.

In a previous arc, she got wrecked by Newmazo, and before that, turned to mud. Thus my point: Waid gets around writing Diana by having her get her ass kicked as quickly as possible. He could just NOT include her in his books and save everyone the trouble, but apparently that's unfathomable.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Not sure how Darkseid wrecking other heroes invalidates my point that Waid's Wonder Woman is functionally useless in his plots.

In a previous arc, she got wrecked by Newmazo, and before that, turned to mud. Thus my point: Waid gets around writing Diana by having her get her ass kicked as quickly as possible. He could just NOT include her in his books and save everyone the trouble, but apparently that's unfathomable.
    Because she wasn't treated different from anyone else, there is no point to be held here. This issue had Alan Scott Green Lantern in his kickass KC armor look getting thrashed same as Diana, and said issue also had Flash and Shazam getting their asses grassed as well.

Wonder Woman isn't treated any worse than anyone else. Again you bring up Newmazo, again I remind you that everyone was involved in that fight and she didn't do particularly any worse than anyone else.

Constantly whining that Wonder Woman isn't treated like an immaculate untouchable God every time she appears isn't a legitimate issue.

So he makes an AI that makes a Justice League contingency plan?

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Because she wasn't treated different from anyone else, there is no point to be held here. This issue had Alan Scott Green Lantern in his kickass KC armor look getting thrashed same as Diana, and said issue also had Flash and Shazam getting their asses grassed as well.

Wonder Woman isn't treated any worse than anyone else. Again you bring up Newmazo, again I remind you that everyone was involved in that fight and she didn't do particularly any worse than anyone else.

Constantly whining that Wonder Woman isn't treated like an immaculate untouchable God every time she appears isn't a legitimate issue.
    She gets the short end of the stick and jobbs more often than all the characters you mentioned. dceased, dc vs vampire, world's fines, injustice, jl movie, suicide squad game, for the man who has everything(both comic and tv version), and the list goes on.

Amazing Member

DC broke their universe. Batman’s prep time schtick along with the BWL has become so ridiculous that I can no longer read the comics. I don’t know what they were thinking.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    She gets the short end of the stick and jobbs more often than all the characters you mentioned. dceased, dc vs vampire, world's fines, injustice, jl movie, suicide squad game, for the man who has everything(both comic and tv version), and the list goes on.
    Superman has been jobbing alot too. Batman’s previous books under King and Tyson had him OOC and got his ass kicked alot. In Detective run, Batman is always being tortured, possessed, or taking a L. Wonder Woman never had her spine ripped out or pissed herself like Batman which is as disrespectful as you can get. Batman and Superman get higher moments, but their lows are the absolute worst.