Page 325 of 345 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Because she wasn't treated different from anyone else, there is no point to be held here. This issue had Alan Scott Green Lantern in his kickass KC armor look getting thrashed same as Diana, and said issue also had Flash and Shazam getting their asses grassed as well.

Wonder Woman isn't treated any worse than anyone else. Again you bring up Newmazo, again I remind you that everyone was involved in that fight and she didn't do particularly any worse than anyone else.

Constantly whining that Wonder Woman isn't treated like an immaculate untouchable God every time she appears isn't a legitimate issue.
    You know "But other characters got shat on" isn't the great defense you think it is. Just means Mark Waid is a pretty mediocre writer.

And given that he's openly admitted he doesn't get Wonder Woman, nor does he know what to do with her, maybe he should just stop trying and stay in his goddamn lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd say thats about right.

Sampere nicely carving himself a place in great Wonder Woman artists.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    You know "But other characters got shat on" isn't the great defense you think it is. Just means Mark Waid is a pretty mediocre writer.

And given that he's openly admitted he doesn't get Wonder Woman, nor does he know what to do with her, maybe he should just stop trying and stay in his goddamn lane.
    Not really no, but you're already predisposed to automatically despising everything so what can ya do.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    So he makes an AI that makes a Justice League contingency plan?

He makes an AI that is technically a contingency for himself, but for some reason is loaded with kryptonite daggers to kill Superman if necessary.

This is entirely on Chip Zdarsky, the idea of Failsafe as a contingency does not make sort of sense with how Batman's contingency plans are previously portrayed.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-23-2024 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Even if he hasn't consistently written Diana well doesn't automatically make him mediocre in my opinion.
    All I know is Batman fans give Spider-Man fans a run for their money in terms of hating the main Batman/Spider-Man writer but yet still buy their book in massive numbers anyway.
    I'm not buying 'em.
    Sampere nicely carving himself a place in great Wonder Woman artists.

Does great action, characters, and expressions.

New character designs...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean Perez and Jimenez are G.O.A.T.s but for every one they knocked out of the park there's at least two or three we don't speak of again.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Superman has been jobbing alot too. Batman’s previous books under King and Tyson had him OOC and got his ass kicked alot. In Detective run, Batman is always being tortured, possessed, or taking a L. Wonder Woman never had her spine ripped out or pissed herself like Batman which is as disrespectful as you can get. Batman and Superman get higher moments, but their lows are the absolute worst.
    batman getting his spine broken by one of his villains in which became an iconic moment for him is not an example of jobbing. WW's powers, skills and gear failing to get the plot going is an example of jobbing. Like in all the examples i gave. And their lows are not as low as what they do to WW.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Even if he hasn't consistently written Diana well doesn't automatically make him mediocre in my opinion.

I'm not buying 'em.

It makes him a mediocre Wonder Woman writer.

Folks if you don't like Waid's stuff just don't read it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    batman getting his spine broken by one of his villains in which became an iconic moment for him is not an example of jobbing. WW's powers, skills and gear failing to get the plot going is an example of jobbing. Like in all the examples i gave. And their lows are not as low as what they do to WW.

That “iconic” moment became a running gag and has been parodied in mainstream media for years.
    You should read Killing Time. Batman was worfed by Tom King’s OC, The Help, who he couldn’t even touch. And had Catwoman in the same story manage to get a good hit on the guy.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Folks if you don't like Waid's stuff just don't read it.
    Seriously. And just because he clearly doesn't click well with Wonder Woman, it doesn't mean he's a mediocre writer. After the travesty of what he did with Wally West, I wouldn't write off Tom King as bad overall just on the strength of "Outlaw," and his other GNs. Rucka also isn't a mediocre writer just because he writes a boring Superman.

I mean Perez and Jimenez are G.O.A.T.s but for every one they knocked out of the park there's at least two or three we don't speak of again.
    What designs do you think Perez and Jimenez struck out on?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    So he makes an AI that makes a Justice League contingency plan?

More like "he invented an alternate personality, that invented an AI robot, that made a Justice League contigency plan".

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seriously. And just because he clearly doesn't click well with Wonder Woman, it doesn't mean he's a mediocre writer. After the travesty of what he did with Wally West, I wouldn't write off Tom King as bad overall just on the strength of "Outlaw," and his other GNs. Rucka also isn't a mediocre writer just because he writes a boring Superman.
    Yeah, I've had my fun/rants against Taylor but I haven't paid attention to anything he's actually written in two years. It's just mentally healthier.

What designs do you think Perez and Jimenez struck out on?
    Perez - Silver Swan, Shim'tar, and Donna's early starfield look

Jimenez - Most of his Circe designs (though I wonder if that was supposed to be intentional), Artemis civie design

But like I said, still my favorites and don't takeaway from their Ares, Circe, Cheetah, or Historia designs.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    More like "he invented an alternate personality, that invented an AI robot, that made a Justice League contigency plan".
    Yeah I'm not a fan of Zdarsky's handling of "Batman's contingincy for himself".

Like say what you will about Tower of Babel, at least those anti-JL plans were consistently similar.

Here though Zdarsky made Failsafe an invincible God robot who can solo the DC universe. Its supposed to be a "deconstruction" over how Batman's over-preparedness and Batgod backfired on him with disastrous consequences, but honestly whatever intended metacommentary is rendered the book is just going unironic Batgod and falling into all the exact traps its supposedly criticizing.

Seriously Failsafe defeats Superman the second time by "attacking him with Kryptonian pressure points Superman never knew about". Yes Failsafe knows more about Superman's biology than Superman himself, its all incredibly contrived. I mean we criticize Sovereign for being a a bit of an obnoxious new character, but at least Sovy is getting defeats and admitting when things don't go his plan.

But Failsafe and Zur are infuriatingly invincible, everything constantly going exactly as they planned and with minimal effort. Its why I can Failsafe a God robot, cause the way its written has it immediately stomping everyone no effort like a shitty creator's pet.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-24-2024 at 01:58 PM.