Page 344 of 346 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Maybe. Maybe they did study science and philosophy and push themselves to be amazing people.

But so far, I think the thought is just "female biker gangs are cool", which Is a statement I agree with, but doesn't fulfill the promise of the Holliday Girls.

Female Biker Gang seems more like something Diana would be hanging around with in the Dennis O'Neil era, when she had a boutique store and went up against THEM!
    I think the female biker gang is just a cool aesthetic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the female biker gang is just a cool aesthetic thing.
    Well.. it's CRUSH.... She already did that stuff. She somehow got it from Lobo.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

For some reason CBR decided to re-publish this and its bringing new attention to it:

DC Nerfing Wonder Woman is Comic Legend Denny O'Neil's Greatest Regret

Boy, did I screw that up. My thinking, such as it was, was this: she is a super being beholden to a male God. Let us make her somebody who achieves on her own. What I did, in effect, was take the feminist icon, and de-power her, and then, to compound the sin, give her a mentor who is a male, and then to compound that sin, name the male after one of the classics of Chinese literature.

Instead of the woman who could move a mountain and do anything she set her mind to, Diana became a street-level vigilante with karate skills she learned by studying under a man. This change didn't last long, and eventually, Wonder Woman was brought back to the powerhouse that fans know her as.
    https://screenrant.com/dc-nerfing-wo...iggest-regret/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    For some reason CBR decided to re-publish this and its bringing new attention to it:

Seems a bit odd to drudge this up, we're so far removed from this particular era that's not even like O'Neil would even crack top five worst people to have written WW.

I mean Mark Waid and Tom Taylor wrote worst and they try to defend their nonsense to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems a bit odd to drudge this up, we're so far removed from this particular era that's not even like O'Neil would even crack top five worst people to have written WW.

I mean Mark Waid and Tom Taylor wrote worst and they try to defend their nonsense to some degree.
    Waid and Taylor have nowhere near the impact on Wonder Woman that O'Neil did by depowering her. Who knows where the character would've gone had she not lost her powers during that time.

Waid and Taylor have nowhere near the impact on Wonder Woman that O'Neil did by depowering her. Who knows where the character would've gone had she not lost her powers during that time.
    And how is it particularly relevant today? Outside of an occasional throwback story in an anthology or Dr. Cyber (who pretty much has no relation to the original version of the character) complaining about this era of WW is like a Batman fan still thinking "Adam West ruined Batman!" is a searing hot take.

WW being written as a blood thirsty warrior who needs to be called out by Superman or Batman for her moral failures is far more pernicious and relevant than anything leftover from the Mod era.

He tried to do right by Diana and in many ways he did. Those Wonder Woman stories are different, but they aren't terrible. O'Neil brought her up to date, made her hip and cool for the first time ever and for that he should be applauded. The book had gone stagnant, he stirred the water and brought new life to it and Wonder Woman.

And how is it particularly relevant today? Outside of an occasional throwback story in an anthology or Dr. Cyber (who pretty much has no relation to the original version of the character) complaining about this era of WW is like a Batman fan still thinking "Adam West ruined Batman!" is a searing hot take.

WW being written as a blood thirsty warrior who needs to be called out by Superman or Batman for her moral failures is far more pernicious and relevant than anything leftover from the Mod era.
    I never said it was relevant to today. I said the impacts are very different.

Phil Jimenez has a story in DC's Pride Special

Incredible Member

Wait....they can't actually draw the Lynda Carter show? After doing a Lynda Carter WW77 comic???

^That art doesn't even mimick a sequence from the show. Its like....the boy is watching a silver Age WW series.

??

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Wait....they can't actually draw the Lynda Carter show? After doing a Lynda Carter WW77 comic???

^That art doesn't even mimick a sequence from the show. Its like....the boy is watching a silver Age WW series.

??
    Believe they have to get Carter's permission everytime they want to use her likeness, given it's just a short story in a one shot probably not worth the hassle.

Phil Jimenez has a story in DC's Pride Special

Is this his own experience with the mythos?

Also that one Amazon next to Hippolyta seems very underdressed .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this his own experience with the mythos?

Also that one Amazon next to Hippolyta seems very underdressed .
    Probably.

The Amazon in the back is probably Wonder Girl from the tv show

oh yeah Drusilla. The one example of a Wonder Girl who's actually just a random Amazon

Probably.

The Amazon in the back is probably Wonder Girl from the tv show

I always enjoy looking at the side by side of their two costumes. It's like they ran out of money in the middle of designing Drusilla's.