Page 133 of 336 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 5030
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Anyone else been seeing the rumors about WW3 floating around? There's some scooper on Twitter who said apparently the most recent draft of the script is really solid and had this to say:

No idea how reliable said scooper is but I hope it's all true because it sounds awesome. And if I had to take a guess on the second villain, I have a feeling it'll be Cheetah round 2.

Relevant tweets:
    https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...C8xfvMrd4qAAAA

https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/sta...97885022003202

https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...56272462774274

I buy that they're planning to focus on the Amazons - they seemed to be setting it up with Asteria and with all of the Nubia hype at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for some brand synergy. If it does draw on the recent comics, I'm guessing they'll introduce the other tribes and do something kinda like the floating island origin with Nubia (maybe she'll be another pantheon's demigoddess from a different tribe?). And if there are 2 major supporting characters from the comics, maybe Yara will show up as well?

My dream would be a movie that followed Diana rounding up Amazons from around the world to fight Circe on Themyscira. But I don't wanna get myself too hyped because it could easily all be BS
    A movie focused on Diana, Nubia, Cheetah and Circe sounds like a great way to wrap up the trilogy and make up for WW84.

Just get Heinberg back to help with the script, or get literally anybody else to help Patty besides the people on WW84 (John's and I believe one other person). Also, I love movie Steve but definitely keep him away this time b

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Anyone else been seeing the rumors about WW3 floating around? There's some scooper on Twitter who said apparently the most recent draft of the script is really solid and had this to say:

No idea how reliable said scooper is but I hope it's all true because it sounds awesome. And if I had to take a guess on the second villain, I have a feeling it'll be Cheetah round 2.

Relevant tweets:
    https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...C8xfvMrd4qAAAA

https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/sta...97885022003202

https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...56272462774274

I buy that they're planning to focus on the Amazons - they seemed to be setting it up with Asteria and with all of the Nubia hype at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming for some brand synergy. If it does draw on the recent comics, I'm guessing they'll introduce the other tribes and do something kinda like the floating island origin with Nubia (maybe she'll be another pantheon's demigoddess from a different tribe?). And if there are 2 major supporting characters from the comics, maybe Yara will show up as well?

My dream would be a movie that followed Diana rounding up Amazons from around the world to fight Circe on Themyscira. But I don't wanna get myself too hyped because it could easily all be BS
    This sounds much better than the rumored DC Superhero Girls movie that we were allegedly supposed to get for WW3. Basically, the rumors were that Supergirl, Hawkgirl, and Batgirl were going to join forces with Diana. I like that this is much more Wonder Woman focused.

Patty has a lot on the line with this film. I'm certain she's going to do all within her power to make this a massive hit. I'm assuming 2024 is the earliest we'll get the movie.

I’m really curious how DC films are going to pan out and change considering WB/Discovery, peoples’s contracts/deals (like Jenkins, Gadot, etc.) the success of The Batman, issues with other actors, and the seeming desire by WB/D to have a shared tv/film universe similar to Disney’s Marvel or Star Wars universes.

I’ll be intrigued to see what strategy they come up with and why.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m really curious how DC films are going to pan out and change considering WB/Discovery, peoples’s contracts/deals (like Jenkins, Gadot, etc.) the success of The Batman, issues with other actors, and the seeming desire by WB/D to have a shared tv/film universe similar to Disney’s Marvel or Star Wars universes.

I’ll be intrigued to see what strategy they come up with and why.
    If I had to take a guess? I think they're planning to shift focus to second-stringers and legacy characters, like Marvel did back when they couldn't use Spider-Man or the X-Men. Other than WW3, the possibly-doomed Flash, and the Aquaman/Shazam sequels, it looks like their production slate mostly consists of movies with less popular characters like Blue Beetle, Black Adam/the JSA, and Black Canary and legacy characters like Batgirl and Supergirl. Plus Michael Keaton is evidently the new DCEU Batman, which means they're probably going for an older Bruce mentoring Batgirl and maybe eventually Nightwing.

No idea what that means for WW, but since Patty Jenkins is only doing a trilogy and Gal will have been playing Diana for nearly a decade by the time WW3 comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if they had her pass the resident Wonderfam mantle to Nubia or one of the Wonder Girls. Ezra Miller is obviously out so they may introduce Wally as the new Flash. And they may be better off retiring the Shazam and Aquaman franchises - neither of those characters are important enough that their absence will felt too much.

I also think there will be 2 "tracks" for DC - one with the interconnected DCEU fare, the other with more adult, self-contained prestige films like Matt Reeves' Batman movies, Joker, and the Tah-Nehisi Coates Superman movie. This may or may not also be my grand plan for how we can eventually get a big-budget Wonder Woman Historia film and a mythological political drama based on Rucka's Post-Crisis run...

Incredible Member

This is random speculation on my part, but I'm not doing anything else so why not.

I was thinking that 2024 could be a huge year for Wonder Woman. At this point, I imagine WB/DC could have a June 2024 release date for Wonder Woman 3. If so, I could see WB Animation having a Wonder Woman animated film at the end of 2023 in the new DC Animated Universe. (I guess we'll see at Comic-Con).

This means that 2023 could also have a lot of Wonder Woman on-set photos and maybe even an official photo released like with WW84. 2023 Could also be a great time to announce an animated series for HBO Max for 2025.

For 2024, we get the press tour for Wonder Woman 3 for June and the Wonder Woman video game in November 2024. (This is usually a big month for video games and I could see Wonder Woman being one of WB Games pivotal releases and getting a great release date).

Then in 2025, we could get a Yara Flor Wonder Girl HBO Max series and Wonder Woman animated series for summer 2025.

I would imagine the long-awaited Amazons movie and/or a Nubia movie will also be announced.

2024 is Batman’s 85th so

If we get even half of that it would be the best year Diana has ever had however
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m thinking similar thoughts as others have posted.

My guesses are that the head of WB Discovery will want:
    • A main shared universe reboot with new actors that will crossover between film and television series akin to the Marvel mode.
    • Stand-alone, “prestige” films and trilogies showcasing the most popular characters (e.g. Joker, The Batman, etc.) in different forms and themes than the shared universe.
    • Rebooted shared animated universe (e.g. Justice League)
    • Stand-alone animated universes (e.g. Harley Quinn, Young Justice, Aquaman, etc.)
    • Elevating, mining, and creating more series based on DC concepts and IPs (e.g. Secret Six, Secret Society of Supervillains, Gotham Central, Legion of Superheroes, The Rogues, etc.)

One of the big things they’ll want are drivers for subscribers to whatever HBO Max and Discovery+ morphs into. Peacemaker has been a hit, but they need their superhero equivalents to Game of Thrones or Wheel of Time. Both those series have tremendous engagement worldwide.

At least this is what I’d talk with WB Discovery about, given the chance.

I’m thinking similar thoughts as others have posted.

My guesses are that the head of WB Discovery will want:
    • A main shared universe reboot with new actors that will crossover between film and television series akin to the Marvel mode.
    • Stand-alone, “prestige” films and trilogies showcasing the most popular characters (e.g. Joker, The Batman, etc.) in different forms and themes than the shared universe.
    • Rebooted shared animated universe (e.g. Justice League)
    • Stand-alone animated universes (e.g. Harley Quinn, Young Justice, Aquaman, etc.)
    • Elevating, mining, and creating more series based on DC concepts and IPs (e.g. Secret Six, Secret Society of Supervillains, Gotham Central, Legion of Superheroes, The Rogues, etc.)

One of the big things they’ll want are drivers for subscribers to whatever HBO Max and Discovery+ morphs into. Peacemaker has been a hit, but they need their superhero equivalents to Game of Thrones or Wheel of Time. Both those series have tremendous engagement worldwide.

At least this is what I’d talk with WB Discovery about, given the chance.
    To bring it back specifically to Wonder Woman, I’d want to:
    • See her in any new Justice League film franchise. When they do a new League set of films I also hope they expand the roster to include Vixen, Zatanna, Doctor Light, Black Canary, Mera and Shayera Thal in the films. We need more women in the League.
    • Have an Agents of ARGUS series starring Steve Trevor. Espionage in a world of aliens, gods, mystics, artifacts, superheroes and mundane folk intrigues me. I’d have the series encounter Kobra and Leviathan and cross paths with other organizations, like the DEO, S.H.A.D.E. It’d give Steve something to do and really help with DCU world-building.
    • Wonder Girl as a member of a new Teen Titans or Titans series.
    • An Amazons period piece series that centers on Hippolyta and chronicles the history of the Amazons through the founding of Themsycira. The epic would involve the Olympians, Heracles, Theseus, Philippus, Nubia, Antiope, Myrina, Greek monsters, the Valkyries, the creation of the Banas, the New Gods, etc.
    • A Wonder Woman animated series that really focuses on bringing life to Diana’s rogues gallery - including some deep cuts.
    • A documentary series hosted by Lynda Carter where she interviews actresses that have played heroines in television and film and discusses the context of the time within the portrayal.
    • A War of the Gods animated movie series/maxiseries that finally does justice to the potential of that storyline and crossover, before it was edited and made less grand.
    • A Gods of Gotham animated movie series/miniseries that focuses on the team up and relationships between the Wonder and Bat family members.
    • A Wonder Woman series with an eerie/suspense/gothic/horror vibe and plays those elements up in Wonder lore… Cheetah, Circe and her Beastiamorphs, Giganta, Eris, Phobos, Deimos, Doom’s Doorway, Doctor Psycho, Doctor Cyber, etc. Start looking at Diana and her world through different lenses - much like what is afforded to Batman.

Anyway, those are few of my ideas for content.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-05-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Incredible Member

To bring it back specifically to Wonder Woman, I’d want to:

• A documentary series hosted by Lynda Carter where she interviews actresses that have played heroines in television and film and discusses the context of the time within the portrayal.
    This is a superb idea. Truly perfect. I hope we can actually get this.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    This is a superb idea. Truly perfect. I hope we can actually get this.
    Thanks - I like the idea too.

Call me WB Discovery!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Well...The Boys gave us our 'Wonder Woman' vs. 'Superman' fight...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Seeing what the 2nd Shazam film will be exploring definitely leaves a lot to be desired for the WW side of things. Where Shazam is truly exploring the mythology, WW went the opposite route.

https://youtu.be/fyYXM8g-0lA

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Seeing what the 2nd Shazam film will be exploring definitely leaves a lot to be desired for the WW side of things. Where Shazam is truly exploring the mythology, WW went the opposite route.

Is Zeus gonna be a good guy is what I'm wondering (if he's even in the movie...or alive)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Well, to be fair, even fans aren't always consistent about what they want the franchise to explore...

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Well...The Boys gave us our 'Wonder Woman' vs. 'Superman' fight...
    What fight?