Page 339 of 345 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5172
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So he wanted to make Highlander, but with an Amazon.

In fairness, that could make for an interesting one-off Elseworlds...ideally made with someone who has a better understanding of the character...but not the mainline Wonder Woman in what would've been her first live action movie.
    Yeah, from the get go Snyder always felt more like he wanted to do Elseworlds versions of the characters. I mean his Batman is an even more extreme version than the TDKR one.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Can you scream “I’ve never read a Wonder Woman comic” any louder Snyder.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It fits with Snyder's whole obsession with presenting the heroes as "Gods unconnected to their humanity"

In this Diana is an immortal who takes an endless string of lovers like Aphrodite or something.
    I honestly don’t know which is worse, the “never ending stream of lovers” plot or the “still hung up on Steve after 100 years” plot.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

This attitude to Diana's sexuality is what makes me reticent for writers to approach it at all sometimes. There's a world wherein I think it would make so much sense to represent Diana as someone with a healthy sex life that is probably non-monogamous, but I sincerely doubt many writers could do that justice in a way that didn't devolve into something as immature as what Snyder was exploring.

You just know in the parallel universe where this played out there's Snyder fans combing through WW's entire publication history to find a comic panel they can take out of context to justify it, like they do with Batman and Superman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You just know in the parallel universe where this played out there's Snyder fans combing through WW's entire publication history to find a comic panel they can take out of context to justify it, like they do with Batman and Superman.
    They've already done that with the panels of her killing Deimos, Max Lord and Medusa to justify her killing the non-powered terrorists in the Snyder Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They've already done that with the panels of her killing Deimos, Max Lord and Medusa to justify her killing the non-powered terrorists in the Snyder Cut.
    lol. I'm so used to comic fans spamming that Max Lord panel trying to pretend it's a great moment I guess I've gotten numb to when Snyder fans latched on to it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    This attitude to Diana's sexuality is what makes me reticent for writers to approach it at all sometimes. There's a world wherein I think it would make so much sense to represent Diana as someone with a healthy sex life that is probably non-monogamous, but I sincerely doubt many writers could do that justice in a way that didn't devolve into something as immature as what Snyder was exploring.
    I'm just going to repeat this with no changes and nothing to add because....yes, exactly.

Sad, but I'm right there with you.

Ok, so, seems like Absolute DC is coming this year, so it's asumed we'll have the mandatory Wonder Woman title there (unless DC goes crazy on the batmonopoly). I'm not very optimistic about the future of this project, but I guess we should have at least 100-200 new pages of a new elseworld Wonder Woman. So, I'm gonna start speculating with the authors I want/don't want writing a new Wonder Woman origin:

Authors I don't want near this:
    -Frank Cho
    -Scott Snyder
    -Tini Howard
    -Stephanie Philips
    -Tom Taylor (ofc)
    -Willow Wilson

Authors I do want:
    -KELLY SUE DECONNICK, GODDAMNIT DC, MAKE IT HAPPEN
    -Phil Jiménez
    -Leah Williams
    -Bruno Redondo
    -Ram V
    -Si Spurrier

For the rest, either I don't expect them (Greg Rucka) or I'm uncertain (Kelly Thompson) or I don't care/mind too much on either way (Waid/Mora). But I highly suspect this is going to be like 3-5 series, all focused on Batman and batfam characters.

Bleeding Cool claims it's going to be A-list creators, so I wouldn't worry about Howard or Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Bleeding Cool claims it's going to be A-list creators, so I wouldn't worry about Howard or Phillips.
    Well, then the possibility of it being written by Tom Taylor isn't 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I doubt he'd want to. I mean his writing for WW speaks for itself. Waid is also unlikely. Out of the A-listers I think Snyder is the only one who expressed an interest in writing her.

Si Spurrier would be neat. I assume Thompson will write something WW-related someday but after turning Diana and the Amazons into the job squad for Murder Quinn, I'd have my reservations.

DeConnick would be cool but I don't want anything that would distract from more Historia.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I doubt he'd be interested. Chances are the closest there'd ever be to a Taylor written WW thing would be if he did a Donna Troy thing. Since Donna's more straightforward bland nature makes her more suited to his writing style, like Dick.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-15-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Still no idea what to expect from this

Yeah Al ewing would be insanely good, but I doubt it will happen