Page 125 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 5117

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh that's from Wonder Woman #73 right? I don't recall that mention but you were right. Although that's from a mirror dimension, so at least issue #787 is a step forward by being in the real world
    Yes, but the Chi dimension implies that every action of the Queen would be reflected darkly by the Empress as a form of Queen Hippolyta's self-knowledge.
    If Hippolyta had been pregnant by Zeus, the Empress would have had to have an abortion, instead she makes explicit about the clay figure as a reflection of that reality in our dimension, it works for me ha ha.
    By the way I love the concept of the Chi Dimension.

As do I. And I love that Hippolyta is the one that created it

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    It can feel a bit strange if she's literally still clay.

Also, weird that Alchemy seemed to have more trouble zapping Batman than he did Diana.
    That is not weird at all. Of the Trinity, Batman's one true weakness, his kryptonite, his "youcanberevertedtoclaybyanyoldrando" gimmick is...none. He will always be the comic book character that can do anything, accomplish anything, beat anybody, and win everything. His one true superpower is his being intensely loved by so many writers and by so many powerful people in the comic book industry.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 05-18-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Congrats to Jen Bartel

Eisner nominees for Best Cover Artist

Jen Bartel, Future State Immortal Wonder Woman #1 & 2, Wonder Woman Black & Gold #1, Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary (DC); Women's History Month variant covers (Marvel)
    David Mack, Norse Mythology (Dark Horse)
    Bruno Redondo, Nightwing (DC)
    Alex Ross, Black Panther, Captain America, Captain America/Iron Man #2, Immortal Hulk, Iron Man, The U.S. of The Marvels (Marvel)
    Julian Totino Tedesco, Just Beyond: Monstrosity (BOOM!/KaBoom!); Dune: House Atreides (BOOM! Studios); Action Comics (DC); The Walking Dead Deluxe (Image Skybound)
    Yoshi Yoshitani, I Am Not Starfire (DC); The Blue Flame, Giga, Witchblood (Vault)

Why are people using the word golem like it's a bad thing?
    Creators believing Diana is a golem was how we got "she's not human and needs a father." I'm almost certain Azzarello used the word golem at some point while justifying why Zeus should be her father.

And again, it's a misunderstanding of myth and golems. Golems were literal moving clay.

Written by KENNY PORTER
    Art and cover by BALDEMAR RIVAS
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    1:25 variant cover by RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/23/22
    Wonder Woman’s war machine! Wonder Woman and the Green Lanterns have arrived to help Batman and the Flash stop the invader from the stars known as Superman. The last time mechs from space arrived, they tried to destroy Earth—these heroes won’t let that happen again, despite Superman’s protests that he’s on their side. Hawkwoman, the war mother of Earth, will intervene to prove to Earth’s heroes Superman is on their side as Darkseid and Lex Luthor prepare their next moves in response to Superman’s arrival...

Well, that is f*cking sexy

Some covers with WW from August solicitations.

Voidsong #3

DCeased, i think

Beautiful Wonderdon

Catwoman Lonely City #4 , nice reference by Chiang

Bendis' nosense

yaaasss!!! ON SALE 11/8/22 ON SALE 11/8/22 ON SALE 11/8/22 ON SALE 11/8/22

WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PÉREZ OMNIBUS (2022 EDITION)

Written by GEORGE PÉREZ and LEN WEIN
    Art by GEORGE PÉREZ, BRUCE PATTERSON, and others
    Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    $100.00 US | 640 pages | 7 1/4" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-725-8
    ON SALE 10/25/22
    Offered again! The World’s Greatest Heroine was reimagined in 1986 by legendary comics creator George Pérez—and this new incarnation rose to unprecedented levels of popular and critical acclaim. In collaboration with co-writer Len Wein and inker Bruce Patterson, Pérez went on to craft Wonder Woman’s adventures for years, and his masterful stories ranged from heart-stopping battles with the Titans of myth to heartwarming interludes with Diana’s trusted network of friends. Includes Wonder Woman #1-24 and Wonder Woman Annual #1.
    WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 5

Written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON, ROBERT KANIGHER, and others
    Art by HARRY G. PETER and others
    Cover by IRWIN HASEN and BERNARD SACHS
    $150.00 US | 688 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-667-2
    ON SALE 10/18/22
    The Golden Age of Wonder Woman is continued in this omnibus collecting stories from the late 1940s and early 1950s! Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, and swifter than Mercury, Princess Diana of Themyscira refuses to believe that anyone in a democracy is unimportant, or not worth saving! Join the classic heroine as she takes on villains and thrills in the name of justice. This omnibus collects stories from Wonder Woman #35-47 and Sensation Comics #90-104.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I know it's been done. But I hate it because, again, it's what leads to the "Wonder Woman is a golem" thing.
    What have you got against golems?

EDIT: wait, nvm you already answered it.

Anyway I agree that it shouldn't be easy for a villain to revert Diana to clay.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I don't understand how the Golem thing even got started. She was never animated clay or whatever. She literally was brought to life. She's no more golem than you or I given the many Adam and Pandora style myths. Maybe its a sort of mental resistance born of a desire for the primacy of JudeoChristian faiths. That was the one negative I had for Byrne's GODS AND GODDESSES and one of the negatives for the Perez reboot.

Why are people using the word golem like it's a bad thing?
    Well, it's not accurate in Diana's case. With the clay birth, she is sculpted of clay and that clay is brought to life ( as in flesh and bone. Made human ) by the Goddess (es).... It's the Greek creation story. The story of Galateia.

A golem is an animated mud figure. No brain of its own. Animated and controlled by a spell and it's caster.

So it's basically inaccurate and derogatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't understand how the Golem thing even got started. She was never animated clay or whatever. She literally was brought to life. She's no more golem than you or I given the many Adam and Pandora style myths. Maybe its a sort of mental resistance born of a desire for the primacy of JudeoChristian faiths. That was the one negative I had for Byrne's GODS AND GODDESSES and one of the negatives for the Perez reboot.
    Geoff Johns started it during the lead up to Infinite Crisis. That Diana was 'unrelatable' because she didn't have a secret identity and wasn't born like the others. And if you read stuff like the ending of 'Blackest Night', he does have a Judeo Christian centric outlook (even if it's subconscious). Though it's not just him, a lot of creators put the Abrahamic God above every other fictional God, even Marvel does it. It's understandable why some fans have PTSD over any implication of Diana being a 'golem' or centered around a villain taking advantage of her clay birth. Both Zeus and Odin end up treated as *the* God in many adaptations. The recent WW arc is one of the rare times that Odin is treated as he is in mythology; a trickster, a traveler, a troll bearing wisdom.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, it's not accurate in Diana's case. With the clay birth, she is sculpted of clay and that clay is brought to life ( as in flesh and bone. Made human ) by the Goddess (es).... It's the Greek creation story. The story of Galateia.

A golem is an animated mud figure. No brain of its own. Animated and controlled by a spell and it's caster.

So it's basically inaccurate and derogatory.
    Exactly! If only they had better control of that prior to all those bizarre JLA PRIMEVAL type specials began to take it out of bounds