Page 154 of 346 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 5178

Right. But there was still the possibility of him reuniting with Lois. That's different from Diana who knew that Steve was dead for real.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Right. But there was still the possibility of him reuniting with Lois. That's different from Diana who knew that Steve was dead for real.
    If they were really trapped for 1000 years, earth time (in case they say time moves differently in Asgard), in what sense does Superman think there is still a possibility of him reuniting with Lois? The story made no sense that Supes couldn't move on from Lois even after 1000 years, that is what I ultimately took from this.

I have read fanfiction on this that does the story more justice than what the original writer did (Joe Kelly?).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So your saying this is what Zaslav represents? What proof do you have of this since I would think in this day and age he wouldn't have come to the position he has with this approach, as you say it.
    Considering they believe that females (their words) don't really care for scripted content and prefer "comfort viewing" (whatever that means), and believe so strongly enough to even make it part of their business plans, yes, this is what I'm saying Zaslav represents. Can he hire somebody that doesn't embody stuff like that and actually cares about the character? Sure, anything is possible, but excuse me if I think he may find similarly minded people mroe approachable.

About the WW84, while the film has problems let's remember that when Diana asked for "a wish" she didn't know the Dream Stone worked, It wa more of a playful thing. The body swap thing was bad though, and completely unnecessary (I really don't get why they didn't just make him a body out of thin air, the "I'm losing my pwoers" was enough of a price).
    Last edited by Zagre; 08-06-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Considering they believe that females (their words) don't really care for scripted content and prefer "comfort viewing" (whatever that means), and believe so strongly enough to even make it part of their business plans, yes, this is what I'm saying Zaslav represents. Can he hire somebody that doesn't embody stuff like that and actually cares about the character? Sure, anything is possible, but excuse me if I think he may find similarly minded people mroe approachable.

About the WW84, while the film has problems let's remember that when Diana asked for "a wish" she didn't know the Dream Stone worked, It wa more of a playful thing. The body swap thing was bad though, and completely unnecessary (I really don't get why they didn't just make him a body out of thin air, the "I'm losing my pwoers" was enough of a price).

Maybe if Zaslav was there, WW84 may have never gotten greenlit as scripted. He says it is all about quality, not how quickly they can churn them. If that would have been the case, I'm all for Zaslav since WW84 is one of the worst superhero movies I have seen, and I want Wonder Woman films to do well.

I will at least give Zaslav the benefit of the doubt and let the next few years play out and see what happens. I know he runs the ship, but he is supposed to get his own 'Kevin Feige' so we have to hope that it will be a good hire.

But what if the resource that he is using to determine Quality is more a Geoff Johns than a Phil Jimenez or a Greg Rucka?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    But what if the resource that he is using to determine Quality is more a Geoff Johns than a Phil Jimenez or a Greg Rucka?
    And sadly, it's not just Warner Bros./Discovery moving in a more "conservative" direction. I keep asking myself: "What would I do if the comics I love become propaganda for a retrograde politics and nostalgia for a less equitable time in history?" The answer is that I will stop collecting them and find media that has a more inclusive vision for reality. There's a comic book company that has already reached out to my agent to ask if I'd been interesting in pitching a book for them.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    And sadly, it's not just Warner Bros./Discovery moving in a more "conservative" direction. I keep asking myself: "What would I do if the comics I love become propaganda for a retrograde politics and nostalgia for a less equitable time in history?" The answer is that I will stop collecting them and find media that has a more inclusive vision for reality. There's a comic book company that has already reached out to my agent to ask if I'd been interesting in pitching a book for them.
    Write the Wonder womsn comic for that company, after DC loses the rights. I am confident it will happen eventually.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Maybe if Zaslav was there, WW84 may have never gotten greenlit as scripted. He says it is all about quality, not how quickly they can churn them. If that would have been the case, I'm all for Zaslav since WW84 is one of the worst superhero movies I have seen, and I want Wonder Woman films to do well.

I will at least give Zaslav the benefit of the doubt and let the next few years play out and see what happens. I know he runs the ship, but he is supposed to get his own 'Kevin Feige' so we have to hope that it will be a good hire.
    It depends on what he considers quality. It could be more snyder, geoff johns type of approach for WW. Or even taylor type. And none of that is good. zaslav's trackrecord is not giving me positive vibes.

$58B in debt is no joke. Even if everyone alive on earth right now, including newborns pitched in $1 to WBD it wouldn't erase that debt. It will likely hamstrung any attempts to make more projects.

Most likely, they will sell the various publishing, animation and live action rights to various studios who will make stuff for them. Do you how much Netflix would kill to have something like DC's IP library right now?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I engaged in the same thought exercise. I would seek out others as I have done in the past. That or draw or write my own scenarios.

I am soooooooooooo stoked about the prospect of seeing what a run on WW or another comic would look like

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

With The Sandman finally out on Netflix, I'd love to see a WW series that has the same production as it. Especially with Diana taking on all the various gods/fates.

Incredible Member

I'm not certain if anyone cares, but Multiversus had its first tournament yesterday. A Wonder Woman (and Tom and Jerry) won the tournament. I glanced at the tournament a few times and saw some Wonder Woman Multiversus merch, including a holographic Wonder Woman trading card that looked quite beautiful.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    With The Sandman finally out on Netflix, I'd love to see a WW series that has the same production as it. Especially with Diana taking on all the various gods/fates.
    I’m still halfway through but the Sandman is unfortunately not great, or as great as it deserved to be. It feels a bit cheap even though it cost a pretty penny to make. The production value sure is good though. I think Hollywood is just stretched too thin, they’re churning out too much “content” at the expense of quality, to say nothing of politics. Watching Netflix now just feels like plugging your brain to a brain-scrambling device

“Quality over quantity” is the right strategy as far as I’m concerned, it just remains to be seen what “quality” means to Zaslav&Co. I worry the pendulum could swing from one extreme to the other - from Warrior Woman to Lynda Carter and back to Warrior Woman again. Lets hope it stops somewhere in the middle, like why is that so hard

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I’m still halfway through but the Sandman is unfortunately not great, or as great as it deserved to be. It feels a bit cheap even though it cost a pretty penny to make. The production value sure is good though. I think Hollywood is just stretched too thin, they’re churning out too much “content” at the expense of quality, to say nothing of politics. Watching Netflix now just feels like plugging your brain to a brain-scrambling device

“Quality over quantity” is the right strategy as far as I’m concerned, it just remains to be seen what “quality” means to Zaslav&Co. I worry the pendulum could swing from one extreme to the other - from Warrior Woman to Lynda Carter and back to Warrior Woman again. Lets hope it stops somewhere in the middle, like why is that so hard
    I really enjoyed it. The battle between Dream and Lucifer is something I could see a smart writer doing for a WW show/movie.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I really enjoyed it. The battle between Dream and Lucifer is something I could see a smart writer doing for a WW show/movie.
    If they’re smart they’ll just adapt Wonder Woman: Guts by everyone’s favourite WW writer Brian Azzarello lol but seriously, say what you will about the new 52, that story’s hard to beat

And I can easily see how they could use it in WW3 in a way that doesn’t involve Steve, if say Diana’s only way back to Paradise Island is through the Underworld