Page 156 of 340 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 5095

You know, people have already made the connection/comparison, but DCeased and DC vs. Vampires really are the same stories.

Both feature heroes and villains getting slaughtered by and/or turned into horror movie creatures.
    Both plots only work if everyone is dumber than a box of rocks.
    Both operate on little to no internal logic.
    Both are obnoxiously edge-lord.
    Both are being milked for all their worth with spin-offs and sequels.
    Both take steaming dumps all over Wonder Woman (and many others to be fair, but Diana in particular stands out).

It's like Tynion looked at what Taylor was doing and said, "I can do that. And even dumber! $$$!!"

The only real difference is DC vs. Vampires is incredibly horny.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    You know, people have already made the connection/comparison, but DCeased and DC vs. Vampires really are the same stories.

Both feature heroes and villains getting slaughtered by and/or turned into horror movie creatures.
    Both plots only work if everyone is dumber than a box of rocks.
    Both operate on little to no internal logic.
    Both are obnoxiously edge-lord.
    Both are being milked for all their worth with spin-offs and sequels.
    Both take steaming dumps all over Wonder Woman (and many others to be fair, but Diana in particular stands out).

It's like Tynion looked at what Taylor was doing and said, "I can do that. And even dumber! $$$!!"

The only real difference is DC vs. Vampires is incredibly horny.
    That's Otto Schmidt for ya.

Never got his appeal--no wait that's wrong, I get his appeal but it's not for me.

Incredible Member

I'm admittedly enjoying the Vampire one quite a lot, to be honest.

Though its potential when it comes to the use of other characters is admitedly limited by the fact that, from what I've read, Tynion basically build the plot and chose many of the players, he wanted to be a Bat story and there was little that could be changed about that.

At the very least I'm going to give Rosenberg the benefit of the doubt because I thought that, terrible turning scene that is terrible and I'm not going to defend aside, his normal WW felt better than what Taylor writes (at least she didn't default to Warrior Woman archtype and seemed caring, smart and competent to the point the plot had to pull a Diabolus Ex Machina and said "hey, you need to start eating people now"). And the vampire version is entertaining, if underutilized (come on, a vampire Diana is basically a Diana who is also basically Cheetah [cursed with literal bloodthirst and painting smilies on her soul], there's a story in there, where's that spin-off?).

That being said even as someone who isn't a fan of DCeased (specially after the last issue), I don't think either are really edgy, if anything, sometimes they look somewhat tame given their respective subject matters.
    Last edited by Zagre; 08-11-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's Otto Schmidt for ya.

Never got his appeal--no wait that's wrong, I get his appeal but it's not for me.
    What does Otto Schmidt have to do with the quality of the story?

They should hire Otto Schmidt for a WW book.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They should hire Otto Schmidt for a WW book.
    That i can definitely agree with

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    If your POV is that Diana’s villains are “boring,” then my POV is you may not be thinking very creatively about them.
    Honestly, there is no such thing as "boring characters," just unimaginative creators. I mean, they've made Kite-Man work, for goodness' sake!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That i can definitely agree with
    Hell yes, his women are literally stunning. That being said, his linework is a bit scratchy and his backgrounds aren't the most detailed, but his figures and posing are quite dynamic. It'd be fun to see what he does on the mainline Wonder book, but perhaps give him a mini with one of our other Wonders to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Honestly, there is no such thing as "boring characters," just unimaginative creators. I mean, they've made Kite-Man work, for goodness' sake!
    E x a c t l y !

Diana’s rogues and adversaries can be fascinating and horrifying if you don’t just take them at face value or other limitations many people project on them.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WW & Duke of Deception gets a shoutout in the new League of Their Own series.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    E x a c t l y !

Diana’s rogues and adversaries can be fascinating and horrifying if you don’t just take them at face value or other limitations many people project on them.
    I have such a great pitch for The Mask. If I ever get a shot….
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Man, everything has a show nowadays.

I'm assuming someone was reading a GA Wonder Woman comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Man, everything has a show nowadays.

I'm assuming someone was reading a GA Wonder Woman comic.
    Is the new ALOTO TV series produced by Warner Bros. Television? If it is, was the show in development/production while WW84 was about to open? it might simply be a case of belated crosspromotional synergy (is that even the right term?)...
    In any case, it's always cool to see Diana and one of their villains being mentioned beyond the comics...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 08-12-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I have such a great pitch for The Mask. If I ever get a shot….
    Pitch it to us! What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wonder who the writer was.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly